Author Topic: Belgium grants jailed rapist, murderer euthanasia  (Read 539 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Belgium grants jailed rapist, murderer euthanasia
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:03 am »
BRUSSELS (AP) — A Belgian official says a convicted rapist and murderer who has been imprisoned for almost three decades has been granted the right to die after doctors agreed his psychological condition was incurable.

The official said Tuesday Belgium's justice minister approved Frank Van Den Bleeken's transfer to a hospital where doctors will end his life.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly.

The convict's lawyer, Jos Vander Velpen, told Belgian television on Monday his client was "suffering unbearably."

Belgium has allowed euthanasia since 2002 in cases where patients' physical or psychological suffering is incurable and constant. Some 1,400 people a year choose the option.

http://news.yahoo.com/belgium-grants-jailed-rapist-murderer-euthanasia-105157604.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

Re: Belgium grants jailed rapist, murderer euthanasia
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 11:49:57 am »
I understand and I will not judge. Life is hard and then you die.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:04:51 am »
Goodbye.

I have no problems with this.

What can we do to encourage thousands of imprisoned American murderers to request a similar choice?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 03:18:14 am »
But if the state wanted to execute him for his crimes, the Euros would completely and utterly freak out.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline evadR

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 04:20:58 am »
Hell's waiting
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.