Author Topic: And it's only Day 2! Rosie O'Donnell shuts down Republican co-host Nicolle Wallace in heated anti-Bush rant over Katrina response  (Read 1181 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2758293/Rosie-O-Donnell-shuts-Nicolle-Wallace-anti-Bush-rant-Katrina-response.html

And it's only Day 2! Rosie O'Donnell shuts down Republican co-host Nicolle Wallace in heated anti-Bush rant over Katrina response

The yin and yang co-hosts duked it out after O'Donnell slammed George W.'s sluggish response to help ailing New Orleans
    Monday's premier won the 15-year-old show its biggest ratings in 8 years with 3.259 million viewers
    The debut also included very conspicuously Rosie O'Donnell's bare feet, which 

By Josh Gardner for MailOnline

Published: 13:02 EST, 16 September 2014 | Updated: 15:19 EST, 16 September 2014

It's only day two of Rosie O'Donnell's return to The View and she's already made an enemy of her conservative co-host, former George W. aide Nicolle Wallace.

The fracas started off with the question of whether President Obama is a people person and devolved when O'Donnell took offense at the assertion by Wallace that he might not be.

'I'm not saying things all Dems disagree with,' insisted the Republican PR whiz, before O'Donnell went on the attack.

continued
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:51:45 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline xfreeper

I've never understood the interest in this grotesque bovine

Offline Millee

Hurricane Katrina....the most important issue of the day/ever...... *yawn*

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Spectacle television. It's what ABC pays them to do.

Just as long as they leave the Homosexual Agenda alone, they're going to let 'em duke it out. Otherwise, the show would probably be forgotten.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:50:48 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Maury Povich, The View, two sides of the same coin.

The reason they hired her is specifically because she is a freak, in every possible way. Her job is to be fat, stupid, and lesbian. That is the only reason she got the gig.

If they wanted intelligent discussion, nobody out there would watch it. People tune in for the freak factor. And Rosie has tons of that (no pun intended).
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/09/16/new-view-reviews-show-systemic-media-bias

New 'View' Reviews Show Systemic Media Bias

by Christian Toto 16 Sep 2014, 9:39 AM PDT

Nicolle Wallace admitted she was a Republican on her first day on The View Monday. She didn't need to make that declaration.

A host of media outlets rushed to tell us just that, even if they forgot to label everyone else on the syndicated talk show. The following outlets either directly labeled Wallace as a Republican, neglected to call out any of the fellow View co-hosts for their progressive views or did both.

Variety. The Hollywood Reporter. The LA Times. TheWrap.com.

It's more of the same when it comes to how the media handles politics--and political labels. Liberals are treated as mainstream, while GOP-friendly folks are identified immediately. Even in the case of The View, Wallace's Republican bona fides couldn't be sketchier.

Wallace admitted she didn't vote for the McCain/Palin ticket in 2008, and her vantage point can be seen clearly in HBO's Game Change, one of the most cartoonish political hit pieces from the modern era. She also has railed against Tea Party, the grassroots movement doing all it can to roll back ObamaCare and shrink the federal government.

The revamped View debuted Monday, now hosted by liberals Whoopi Goldberg, Rosie Perez and Rosie O'Donnell along with Wallace. O'Donnell, who is a 9/11 truther, is back after her first, tumultuous time on the program where she regularly sparred with conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

The Survivor alum gave as good as she got, which led to the kind of on-air fights that made The View into a three-ring circus. Now, with a Republican on the panel willing to smite Sarah Palin and speak glowingly of Bill Clinton one would think ideological labels wouldn't be the order of the day.

Think again.

Wallace unwisely kicked things off by "announcing" she was a Republican Monday. Did the rest of the panelists identify their political leanings? How about new show producer Bill Wolff, fresh from his work on The Rachel Maddow Show on MSBNC?

Wallace, like many Republicans eager to curry favor with mainstream press outlets and liberals alike, did her best to ingratiate herself with her new co-hosts. She trashed Palin again to the panel's delight. Expect more of the same, and more media outlets refusing to affix certain labels where they belong.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Not far off at all. "Republicans", meaning the GOPe, hate conservatives and conservative values. They are also very much against the Tea Party.

Everything she has said and done in in line with the D.C. version of a "Republican".

To this day I am still not sure whether or not "Republican" McCain voted for Obama. I tend to think that he did.

Washington "Republicans" are so empty and without conviction, she would fit right in with them. She is her version of a "Republican", which is really just a Liberal Democrat with an "R" after their name.

The same as most of the "Republicans" in D.C.

I will bet that she cries less than Boehner does, even when she is on her woman time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:30:11 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PzLdr

Paging Captain Ahab! Paging Captain Ahab! Target acquired!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline MACVSOG68

Not far off at all. "Republicans", meaning the GOPe, hate conservatives and conservative values.

:facepalm2:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline mountaineer

‘View’ hosts clash off-air
By Emily Smith and Stephanie Smith
September 17, 2014 | 9:52pm
Ny Post
“The View” kicked off its new format with its best ratings in eight years, but the tension behind the scenes is already boiling over. Rosie O’Donnell and Nicolle Wallace had an off-air spat after clashing on-air, while top ABC execs are jockeying for power over the program.

On Tuesday, token Republican Wallace, a former George W. Bush spokesperson, and human wrecking ball O’Donnell clashed on-air after Wallace claimed President Obama “doesn’t love people.” O’Donnell swung back, “When Kanye West says, ‘I don’t think President Bush cares about black people,’ it’s like an international incident. But you can say that you don’t think Obama likes people?”

Their heated conversation continued off-camera: “Rosie and Nicole were still going at it after the cameras stopped rolling. Executive producer Bill Wolff had to call them both in and order them to calm down,” a source tells us.

Meanwhile, we hear there’s a power struggle going on between ABC News and ABC Daytime over who “selects the vision of the show,” and, of course, who takes credit for it.

“ABC News head James Goldston and Daytime head Lisa Hackner are fighting over who gets control of ‘The View,’ ” an insider said. “The situation has become so fraught that [Disney/ABC senior VP] Abra Potkin had to step in. It is a monumental clash of egos.” Another insider told us of the power struggle, “A lot of people consulted over the summer on the show . . . It is not surprising that someone in news or entertainment would have had an opinion.”

An ABC rep predictably said the conflict between Wallace and O’Donnell was “an absurd story, just trying to stir up controversy.” She also explained “The View” falls under the ABC Entertainment division run by Paul Lee. Hackner, the senior VP of Daytime, reports to Lee. And, she added, “There is no power struggle.”

But ABC also flatly denied our reports this summer that executive producer Bill Geddie would leave the show. In fact, he left in August and was replaced by Wolff. Just saying.
Wait, you mean people actually watch this show? 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

Nicolle Wallace admitted she was a Republican on her first day on The View Monday. She didn't need to make that declaration.

I think that people should stop identifying themselves as 'Republicans' and rather say that they are conservative...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I think that people should stop identifying themselves as 'Republicans' and rather say that they are conservative...
The problem is, she really isn't much of one.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GourmetDan

The problem is, she really isn't much of one.

Yeah, I hear you.  I would never call myself a Republican, though, even though I am registered to vote as such.  I am a conservative...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan