Author Topic: Palin Family Allegedly Involved In A Brawl  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Palin Family Allegedly Involved In A Brawl
« on: September 11, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »
Chuck Ross
The Daily Caller
September 11, 2014

A majority of the Palin family — Sarah, Todd, Bristol, and Track — was allegedly involved in a booze-filled brawl over the weekend in which the former vice presidential candidate reportedly screamed, “Don’t you know who I am?”

According to reports from local bloggers, the Palin crew showed up at a party in Wasilla following a day at the Iron Dog snowmobile race.

According to local blogger Amanda Coyne, witnesses at the scene said Palin’s eldest son, Track, showed up to the party in a stretch Hummer. He then confronted a man who had previously dated one of his sisters, according to Coyne and another blog called Immoral Minority.
More, with reader comments

Edited: At least two of the bloggers mentioned - Amanda Coyne, and The Immoral Minority - are definitely not Palin fans. Something definitely happened, but it might have been blown out of proportion.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:41:52 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Palin Family Allegedly Involved In A Brawl
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:18 pm »
I wouldn't trust leftist blogger Amanda Coyne to give me the time of day. She makes it her life's calling to find something juicy to write about the Palins. She even keeps a watchful eye on the Palin's place of worship, the Wasilla Bible Church, hoping to grab a headline. She's dirt.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:19:57 pm »
The other anti-Palin blogger mentioned in the article is at The Immoral Minority blog. He posts there as "Gryphen." His real name is Jesse Griffin.

Here is his initial post on the incident, and here is his followup post.

Griffin is known for starting a rumor in 2009 that the Palins were divorcing:

CNN Bozo Accidentally Outs His Source; Palins Threaten Legal Action On Divorce Smear

Alaska Blogger Who Pushed Palin ‘Divorce’ Rumor Resigns From Anchorage School

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 12:26:51 am »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 01:12:57 am »
Palin Family Brawl Witness Gets Fired for Talking to Good Morning America
Tina Nguyen
Mediaite
September 12, 2014

The lurid, stereotypical tale of Sarah Palin and her family entering into an alcohol-fueled melee at a snowmobile party is starting to pick up in the mainstream media, with Good Morning America devoting an entire segment to the story this morning. In doing so, they talked to Eric Thompson, an eyewitness who attended the party at the invitation of his boss.

But Thompson, who also gave his account to Alaskan political blogger Amanda Coyne, was fired today for talking to the media.
More, with video, and reader comments

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 03:10:33 pm »
Networks Hype 'Palin Family Brawl': 'Like An Episode of Jerry Springer'
Kyle Drennen
NewsBusters
September 12, 2014

On Friday, all three network morning shows seized on reports that Sarah Palin and her family were "caught in a massive brawl" during a house party in Anchorage, Alaska. ABC's Good Morning America opened with substitute co-host Lara Spencer declaring: "One witness saying it was like an episode of Jerry Springer, her kids throwing punches. What sparked this rumble in the tundra?" The song Eye of the Tiger was heard playing in the background.
More, with video clip, transcripts, commentary, and reader comments

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »
"Don't you know who we are?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »
My first thought here....my God, who the hell cares?   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 06:13:07 pm »
Here are some tweets from Scott Conroy of RealClearPolitics. These tweets include what is purportedly the story of the brawl from a source close to the Palin family.

Is Conroy objective? Judge for yourself.

Conroy is also the coauthor of the 2009 book, Sarah from Alaska: The Sudden Rise and Brutal Education of a New Conservative Superstar.

New York Times has a double-bylined piece on the Palin family brawl with an Anchorage dateline because life is short. http://t.co/2iuaoLxDAu — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Let's take a moment to consider how plausible it is that Sarah Palin yelled, "Don't you know who I am?!" at a party among friends in Alaska. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

It'd be like if Liam Gallagher got in a brawl in Manchester, UK & shouted, "Don't you know who I am?!"..uh, yes. Everyone knows who you are. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

From a source close to the Palin family regarding the Thrilla in Wasilla: Yes, they were all there. And yes, they were involved in a brawl. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Track, I'm told, was indeed at the center of the altercation. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Do people really want to hear about this? — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

I trust this source a lot, but there are two sides to every Anchorage dog-pile brawl story, so this is just the Palin side. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

anyway, Palin had a flight out of Houston at 6am Saturday morning after her speech there on Friday night — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Then that night the whole Paline fam piled into the stretch Hummer (I can confirm this was the vehicle) to head to the snowmachiner party. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Am told the stretch hummer was indeed on account of Todd turning the big 5-0. Celebration and all. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

So they get to the party, and according to the Palin side (again, this is their version), Bristol's ex-boyfriend was the instigator. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Don't want to name the guy, but if you do a search of his social media presence, you'll see that he appears to be rather proud of himself. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

so the ex-boyfriend, I'm told, tried to get into the "car" (stretch Humvee) after some "questionable behavior" (I don't have more specifics) — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

A physical fight ensued, with Track and several other guys at the center of it. Sarah Palin at this point went "full Mama Grizzly," I'm told — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Sarah Palin was yelling a lot, reminding the guys that were fighting with Track that her son is a veteran. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Track Palin, I'm told, was left with four cracked ribs (and what I'm assuming is a bruised ego.) — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

One detail here that's important to remember: Sarah Palin was wearing red, white and blue high tops. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

That last Tweet was 100% true. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Am told the car company that they normally use had four camera crews show up and more than a dozen press calls today. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

I asked my source (on a hunch) if Mercede and/or Levi Johnston were present, but alas, neither was. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

I'm prepared to open the floor to questions now. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

One thing to note: lost in the absurdity of all this has been the Bristol stalker situation, which they say is "very, very scary." Not fun. — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014

Thus concludes tonight's lesson on how relating a story about Palin leads you to be accused both of "working for Pravda" and "a dead-ender." — Scott Conroy (@RealClearScott) September 12, 2014
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:19:22 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
My first thought here....my God, who the hell cares?   :whistle:
Palin haters, including a few here, apparently.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 09:10:47 pm »
More from Scott Conroy:

The Palin Family's Side of the Anchorage Brawl Story
Scott Conroy
RealClearPolitics
September 13, 2014

... RealClearPolitics spoke with a source close to the Palin family, who wanted to provide their version of the events in question...
More

Reader comments

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »
Palin haters, including a few here, apparently.
Hate? No.

Entertained? Sure.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 04:55:11 pm »
The other anti-Palin blogger mentioned in the article is at The Immoral Minority blog. He posts there as "Gryphen." His real name is Jesse Griffin.

Here is his initial post on the incident, and here is his followup post.

Griffin is known for starting a rumor in 2009 that the Palins were divorcing:

CNN Bozo Accidentally Outs His Source; Palins Threaten Legal Action On Divorce Smear

Alaska Blogger Who Pushed Palin ‘Divorce’ Rumor Resigns From Anchorage School

Griffin?  Is either a "Law and Order" fan or a Mandy Patinkin fan.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 05:01:49 pm »
Was the brawl as bad as that Ray Donovan episode?

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 05:56:53 pm »
Here is another article that offers points in defense of the Palins:

Another Side Of The Story Emerges For The Sarah Palin Family Brawl