Author Topic: 'If you threaten America, you will find no safe haven': Obama vows to destroy ISIS with Syria airstrikes in televised address - but insists there will be 'no boots on the ground'  (Read 406 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2751325/Obama-set-anti-ISIS-airstrikes-SYRIA-promises-terror-group-exist.html

I post this article because I would like to see if anyone here knows what those red tassels mean on that American flag?

Does anyone know? I know the gold tassels around a flag means something too.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:55:33 pm by flowers »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The gold fringe is used for stationary indoor or marching flags only.

The tassels if you look closely, are actually red, white and blue. - that means it's a ceremonial army flag, always to be placed or carried to the right of the speaker. Gold tassels exist - that flag has been honored in battle.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Not boots on the ground?  What are those 1,000 plus troops, custodians?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Drudge has an article up about how the framing of the curtain makes it look like horns coming out of Zero's head.

Looking at the picture posted here, I guess it's true.   :whistle:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Drudge has an article up about how the framing of the curtain makes it look like horns coming out of Zero's head.

Looking at the picture posted here, I guess it's true.   :whistle:

Kinda scary.

The halo is gone.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
"No boots on the ground" is 0's way of handcuffing himself and avoid vanquishing the Islamic barbarians.  He has deep Muslim sympathies and he only wants to do enough to make it look like he's trying to defeat this menace.  I'm certain he believes that "no boots" gives him cover for not meeting the expectations of the American people.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When he was running, every media pic had a Jesus halo around him in the same way. Now we have horns? This is not good.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He has pissed somebody off. Someone with a lot power.

Me thinks Barack Hussein will not make it to the end of his term. The guy does not understand compromise, or negotiation. You cannot be his friend, because he does not get it. In the military we called it, Anti-social personality disorder.

He has so many people angry at him, you cannot count them. And they are serious people with tons of money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Perhaps he has pissed off someone, namely, PM Cameron.
Associated Press via Yahoo

Britain: Won't take part in airstrikes on Syria
Associated Press
By GEIR MOULSON
3 hours ago

BERLIN (AP) — Britain won't participate in any airstrikes on Syria but otherwise is ruling nothing out as it considers how to support President Barack Obama's plan to root out the Islamic State group, the British foreign secretary said Thursday.

Obama on Wednesday authorized U.S. airstrikes inside Syria for the first time, along with expanded strikes in Iraq as part of "a steady, relentless effort" to root out the extremists.

"Britain will not be taking part in any airstrikes in Syria," Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said in Berlin. He said London won't be "revisiting" the issue after Parliament decided last year against participating in airstrikes.  ...

Click on link for rest of article

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online NavyCanDo

Both Bush's, Reagan, and I think maybe even Bill Clinton would have said, "Whaterver it Takes".   But not Obama. He takes something off the table right from the start.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
rb wrote above:
[[ "No boots on the ground" is 0's way of handcuffing himself and avoid vanquishing the Islamic barbarians.  He has deep Muslim sympathies and he only wants to do enough to make it look like he's trying to defeat this menace. ]]

Is that what they mean by "all show and no go..." ??