Author Topic: Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [VIDEO]  (Read 3198 times)

Offline evadR

Re: Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [VIDEO]
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 11:40:52 pm »
This is the way I would expect a grown up to act.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2014, 02:30:13 am »
mass wrote above regarding Cruz' remarks:
[[... But it was intentionally divisive...]]

"To everything there is a season, turn, turn, turn...."

There have been times in American history that called for "unity", rightly so.
But those times are -- at least for now -- over.

This IS a time for "division", for the taking of sides. For the other side, "the left", has declared war on American traditionalism. It's (for now) a "cold war", unlike the "hot war" of islam against the infidels in general and the Israelis in particular.

The left has moved so far from where traditionalists and conservatives are, that there is no "common ground" any longer. As they used to chant back in the Vietnam era, one is "part of the problem, or part of the solution". You can't be both.

We must take sides as did the North and the South back in 1861. We are that divided, now.

Just like Florence Reece wrote back in 1931:
 "They say in Harlan County
  There are no neutrals there
  You'll either be a union man
  Or a thug for J. H. Claire
  Which side are you on, boys?
  Which side are you on?"

... there are no "neutrals" in the struggle we face between the left and the Right, and of course the struggle between The West and islam.

Which side are YOU on ??

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 02:08:15 pm »
It is brilliant as a stunt to gain financial support from Social Conservatives plus get quite a bit of positive publicity for himself on an issue that makes him out to be a hero.  But it was intentionally divisive, and it seems to me Cruz is gaining quite a reputation as a bomb thrower and a loose cannon.  That will get you noticed, and make you rich, but take you only so far in the GOP.  Can you say Michelle Bachmann?

Ask yourself this: Would Ronald Reagan have done it?

You said it much more diplomatically than I would have.  Everything Cruz does is about Cruz.  I'm betting he went in there with the intention of confronting Arab Christians over Israel.  His lack of awareness (or his not caring) about the sensibilities of his audience will be the reason he won't be a player in 2016.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 02:54:10 am »
It is brilliant as a stunt to gain financial support from Social Conservatives plus get quite a bit of positive publicity for himself on an issue that makes him out to be a hero.  But it was intentionally divisive, and it seems to me Cruz is gaining quite a reputation as a bomb thrower and a loose cannon.  That will get you noticed, and make you rich, but take you only so far in the GOP.  Can you say Michelle Bachmann?

Ask yourself this: Would Ronald Reagan have done it?

Can you say Sarah Palin?

And I'm not sure whether Reagan would have done it or not.  I think that if he had done it, he wouldn't have stalked off in such a commanding manner; he'd have approached it in a more folksy, regular guy sort of way, akin to the way he described his differences with the democrat party:  not so much that he left them as much as they left him.