Author Topic: Father 'killed his five children' two weeks after social worker described him as 'overwhelmed' as memorial for siblings to be held today  (Read 542 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The bodies of five young children were found in the woods of Alabama on Tuesday, and police said they are believed to be siblings who were reported missing in South Carolina a week ago.

The children’s father, Timothy Ray Jones Jr., 32, was in custody in Mississippi, where police stopped his blood-soaked Cadillac Escalade over the weekend, a prosecutor told NBC News.

“God help me and God help my son,” Jones Jr.’s father told NBC News after learning that police had found the five bodies in an undeveloped clearing off Highway 10 in Wilcox County, Alabama.

His son has not been charged in connection with the deaths of the children, who ranged in age from 1 to 8. He was being held on a charge of driving under the influence while the investigation continued, said Daniel Jones, the district attorney of Smith County, Mississippi.

Image: Timothy Ray Jones Smith County Sheriff's Office
Timothy Ray Jones

The DA said it was likely he would be prosecuted in South Carolina. He does not yet have a lawyer, the DA said.

“What we believe has occurred is he killed the children in South Carolina and drove to Alabama with them,” he said.

He said that the father, who was allegedly high on synthetic marijuana when he was detained in Mississippi, confessed and gave investigators the information that led them to the bodies in Alabama. Notes referring to violence against the children were also found, he said.

Read more: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bodies-five-children-found-alabama-woods-police-n199466

Scumbag.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Re: Bodies of Five Children Found in Alabama Woods: Police
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:39:54 pm »
God help him and take the children's souls into His arms.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/timothy-ray-jones-dad-five-slain-kids-will-face-murder-n200051

Weeks before a South Carolina father allegedly murdered his five kids, drove them across three states and dumped them in the woods, authorities investigated a child-abuse complaint against him but decided they were not in danger. "At that time there was nothing to alarm them immediately, Department of Social Services director Jackie Swindler said of the caseworker and deputies who looked into the Aug. 7 allegation against Timothy Ray Jones Jr.

Jones, 32, is now being brought from Mississippi, where he was arrested over the weekend in a blood-spattered Cadillac Escalade, to South Carolina to face five counts of murder. The remains of his children, who ranged in age from 1 to 8, have been driven back from Alabama, where they were found in the woods in garbage bags on Tuesday evening.

"In all my years in law enforcement, I have never seen a case like this," said Lewis McCarty, sheriff of Lexington County, South Carolina.

Police say they believe Jones, who worked in the computer industry, killed the children in South Carolina sometime before Sept. 3, when they were reported missing by their mother and their school. He allegedly drove their remains across three states and left them off a highway in Camden, Alabama, before heading to Mississippi, where his parents live. He was detained there on Sept. 6 when a sheriff's deputy who "had been around long enough to know the smell of death" looked in the back of the vehicle during a traffic stop, according to a prosecutor.

Police found blood, bleach and rags in the Escalade. Jones — who was "high as a kite" on synthetic marijuana, according to Mississippi district attorney Daniel Jones — eventually confessed to killing the children and led authorities to their makeshift graves, officials said. "He has not indicated why he did this," said Lewis McCarty, the sheriff of Lexington County, South Carolina.

McCarty said no Amber Alert was issued for the children after they were reported missing because their father had legal custody of them. He said he had spoken to the victims' mother, who had been divorced from Jones for about a year. "I don’t think that there’s a person in this room that can speak to the mother of these children and not become emotional," he said. "She’s a very nice person, a very sweet lady. She is in shock and is extremely distraught."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Timothy Ray Jones, Dad of Five Slain Kids, Will Face Murder Charges
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:53:53 pm »
Shoot him! No trial. No b*llsh*t psychological defense about how scarred he was because his Mom undercooked the chicken. J - U - S - T FRICKIN' SHOOT HIM. Someplace where it'll take him a long, painful time to die!
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »
Can't wait to hear the twinkie type defense his lawyer will come up with, not that it will do him any good.

I suspect he'll take a plea for life in prison, since he has no chance to avoid the needle otherwise.

Hopefully a prisoner with nothing to lose will dispense justice quickly, and painfully.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 01:03:12 am »
Sounds like an insanity defense to me.

If he pleads that, based on the "insanity" of his actions, he could avoid regular prison (but be confined for life in a hospital for the criminally insane)...

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2753160/Memorial-set-5-slain-kids-dad-heads-court.html

Timothy Ray Jones Jr 'killed his five children at home by violent means' about a week before his ex-wife reported them missing
    He has been charged with five counts of murder but skipped his arraignment today and was represented by his lawyer 
    The 32-year-old is accused of killing his three boys and two girls, wrapping their bodies in separate trash bags and driving around for days
    He 'dumped their decomposing bodies on a rural hilltop in Alabama'
    A social worker's last visit - two weeks before kids' disappearance - said Jones 'appears to be overwhelmed' but children were clean and groomed

Offline flowers

Once again the system let these kids down. Another father who was known to have issues is able to keep the kids because they are clean and fed well.  Who is keeping them clean now? 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Once again the system let these kids down. Another father who was known to have issues is able to keep the kids because they are clean and fed well.  Who is keeping them clean now?

Our Lord has them in his arms.

Though I do wonder one thing. If the father, with known issues, was allowed to keep the children, what sort of a basket case is their mother?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Our Lord has them in his arms.

Though I do wonder one thing. If the father, with known issues, was allowed to keep the children, what sort of a basket case is their mother?
Very good question....i don't think i have read a thing about mom's whereabouts.