Author Topic: Sotloff Family Spokesman: Syria’s ‘So-Called Moderate Rebels’ Sold Sotloff to ISIS  (Read 861 times)

rangerrebew

- The Daily Caller - http://dailycaller.com -

Sotloff Family Spokesman: Syria’s ‘So-Called Moderate Rebels’ Sold Sotloff to ISIS

Posted By Jamie Weinstein On 9:33 PM 09/08/2014 In | No Comments

A spokesman for the family of murdered journalist Steven Sotloff claimed Monday night that Sotloff was sold to the terrorist group the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) by Syria’s “so-called moderate rebels.”

Sotloff family spokesman Barak Barfi, a foreign policy research fellow at the New American Foundation, made the startling claim in an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper.

“We believe that these so-called moderate rebels that people want our administration to support, one of them sold him probably for something between $25,000 and $50,000 to ISIS and that was the reason he was captured,” Barfi said. (RELATED: Expert Who Traveled With Syrian Rebels Says So-Called ‘Moderates’ Are Muslim Brotherhood-Style Islamists)

Asked how he knows this, Barfi referred to sources he and the Sotloff family have “on the ground.”

Barfi then turned his ire toward the Obama administration for making “a number of inaccurate statements.”

“They’ve said that the families have been consistently and regularly informed. That is not true,” he claimed. “I speak now only from the Sotloff family. I can’t speak for the other families. They said that these hostages were moved frequently. We know that for most of the beginning of part of this year they were stationary. We know that the intelligence community and the White House are enmeshed in a larger game of bureaucratic infighting and [murdered journalist] Jim [Foley] and Steve are pawns in that game and that’s not fair.”

Barfi even threatened to reveal more damning information about the Obama administration’s handling of the situation if the administration didn’t stop leaking details of Sotloff’s captivity to the press.

“If there continues to be leaks, the Sotloff family will have to speak out to set the record straight,” he said.

“The relationship between the administration and the Sotloff family was very strained,” Barfi explained. “We do not believe that they gave us the cooperation that they need. Once Steve appeared in that video, the Sotloff family made one simple request of the administration and they were rebuffed on that.”

“I can’t say that because I have to think of protecting the other hostages inside,” Barfi said when asked to explain the request.

Ultimately, Barfi said the Obama administration treated Sotloff’s family inappropriately.

“When your view into the largest and most powerful government in the world is two FBI agents, that’s simply not enough,” he said. “The administration could have done more, they could have helped us, they could have seen them through. These are people of modest means. They’re not cosmopolitan, they don’t have college educations, they don’t understand the larger ramifications in foreign policy. And we just do not believe that they were afforded the opportunities and the respect that they should have by this administration.”

Follow Jamie on Twitter

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/08/sotloff-family-spokesman-syrias-so-called-moderate-rebels-sold-sotloff-to-isis/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I notice that Obama treats most people like crap.  Unless you're Beyonce and JayZ, or someone eager to pay $32,000 a plate to gaze upon your illumination - Obama walks on your face. 

Even if you love him and agree with his Marxist goals - he will screw you.  I can't imagine what these families are going through. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

I notice that Obama treats most people like crap.  Unless you're Beyonce and JayZ, or someone eager to pay $32,000 a plate to gaze upon your illumination - Obama walks on your face. 

Even if you love him and agree with his Marxist goals - he will screw you.  I can't imagine what these families are going through.

He found the time to speak with Bergdahl's parents, didn't he?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline alicewonders

He found the time to speak with Bergdahl's parents, didn't he?

Yeah.  It's way past time that people quit bleep-footing around the 800 pound gorilla in the room.  The times that Obama prances around, all puffed up and full of himself over some "great" thing he has done "for us", are very telling.  He always favors the radical Muslim side of things, he may be the President of the United States - but his heart belongs to the Muslim Brotherhood. 

Offline musiclady

Yeah.  It's way past time that people quit bleep-footing around the 800 pound gorilla in the room.  The times that Obama prances around, all puffed up and full of himself over some "great" thing he has done "for us", are very telling.  He always favors the radical Muslim side of things, he may be the President of the United States - but his heart belongs to the Muslim Brotherhood.

It is a frightening thing to understand that you are right about this alice.

All you have to do is observe him to realize where his loyalty lies.

And you don't have to be a body language expert to see it, either.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

It is a frightening thing to understand that you are right about this alice.

All you have to do is observe him to realize where his loyalty lies.

And you don't have to be a body language expert to see it, either.

You have to be a willfully ignorant fool that gouged his own eyeballs out so he COULDN'T see the truth! 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You have to be a willfully ignorant fool that gouged his own eyeballs out so he COULDN'T see the truth!

Because sometimes I drive about 1,000 miles over the course of a week, 'talk radio' is my companion.  Without exception, virtually all hosts stop short when discussing whether Obama is incompetent...or his destruction is willful and purposeful.

Then I notice that even on FOXNEWS channel...they do the same thing.

One nationally syndicated radio host with the initials 'Michael Savage', said himself one day when he stopped short on the topic, that he had to maintain his sponsors. 

That's EXACTLY why many in the MSM....at least on the pundit level...prefer to play along.  They are afraid for their jobs and/or their lives.

IMO, at least three people have died suddenly or shortly after publicly mocking or threatening Barack Obama.  The CIA gives good heart attacks.

Andrew Breitbart, Obama impersonator Steve Bridges...and as of late, Joan Rivers. 

Call me a conspiracy nut.   When it comes to BHO...I'll wear the badge proudly.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Because sometimes I drive about 1,000 miles over the course of a week, 'talk radio' is my companion.  Without exception, virtually all hosts stop short when discussing whether Obama is incompetent...or his destruction is willful and purposeful.

One nationally syndicated radio host with the initials 'Michael Savage', said himself one day when he stopped short on the topic, that he had to maintain his sponsors. 

That's EXACTLY why many in the MSM....at least on the pundit level...prefer to play along.  They are afraid for their jobs and/or their lives.

IMO, at least three people have died suddenly or shortly after publicly mocking or threatening Barack Obama.  The CIA gives good heart attacks.

Andrew Breitbart, Obama impersonator Steve Bridges...and as of late, Joan Rivers. 

Call me a conspiracy nut.   When it comes to BHO...I'll wear the badge proudly.   :whistle:

And that's why I address the talk radio types are nuthin' but bluster.  Compare with the FF and what they put on the line. 

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
BTW...getting back OT...Michael Savage opines that John McCain should be arrested for his part in meeting with and claiming that the "moderate rebels" in Syria are in fact, part of this ISIS.

John McCain has been calling...er, make that 'screaming' for the US to arm said rebels.

He's such a useful idiot tool.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

I hear you conspiracy brother!  When you hear something, and the hairs on your neck rise a bit and something clicks inside - you have a fleeting thought, "sumpthin' not right here".  LISTEN to those times, your guts are trying to tell you something.  Your instincts pick up on things that are out of whack.

Breitbart and others - no one will be able to convince me that these things were random incidents.  Horrible to say that I can even CONCEIVE of these things, much less have no trouble believing they could be true.

:beer:

Offline alicewonders

BTW...getting back OT...Michael Savage opines that John McCain should be arrested for his part in meeting with and claiming that the "moderate rebels" in Syria are in fact, part of this ISIS.

John McCain has been calling...er, make that 'screaming' for the US to arm said rebels.

He's such a useful idiot tool.

Agree with that DC.  John McCain has actually stomped his feet in a hissy-fit for us to arm the rebels.  So has Lindsey Graham and others.  It is appalling!  It is NOT in America's or the world's best interest's.  It is treasonous, for sure. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: Hostage wasn't 'sold' to ISIS
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 08:09:49 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/international/217146-white-house-hostage-wasnt-sold-to-isis

White House: Hostage wasn't 'sold' to ISIS

By Justin Sink - 09/09/14 03:46 PM EDT

The Obama administration's initial intelligence surrounding the disappearance of U.S. journalist Steven Sotloff does not indicate that he was turned over to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) — which ultimately executed him — by moderate rebels in Syria, the White House said Tuesday.

“Based on the information that has been provided to me, I don't believe that is accurate,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Tuesday. “But I do know, at the same time, that this is the subject of an ongoing FBI investigation. So this is something that they're looking into all aspects of this, including how Mr. Sotloff may have come into the hands of [ISIS].”

A spokesman for Sotloff's family told CNN on Monday that the believed the TIME journalist was sold by the “so-called moderate rebels that people want our administration to support” for between $25,000 and $50,000. The spokesman also described the relationship between the White House and the Sotloff family as “very strained” and said the president could have done more to rescue the reporter.
“The administration could have done more, they could have helped us, they could have seen them through,” family spokesman Barak Barfi said.

Earnest said “the thoughts and prayers of everybody here at the White House continue to be with the Sotloff family as they grieve for the loss of their son.”

“Everybody here is grieving alongside them,” he said.

Earnest also indicated that the administration did not intend to alter its strategy on supporting the Syrian opposition based on the accusations. Earnest called the support “a core component of the strategy here.”

“The reason for that is simply that it is very dangerous for [ISIS] to be operating in a virtual safe haven anywhere in the world,” he said. “It's particularly dangerous for them to be operating in a safe haven in a region of the world as volatile as Syria and Iraq.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

An unpleasant visual for those of us who are a tad on the squeamish side, but quite accurate!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH saying this isn't true....considering the WH's track record on lying I am believing this family.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,148454.0.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:52:06 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
WH saying this isn't true....considering the WH's track record on lying I am believing this family.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,148454.0.html

Believe them. Selling high value prisoners to other groups, in cash or kind, isn't unknown or even unusual. ISIL wasn't doing much at the time, while the Syrians were fighting. Why not make a chunk of change rather than be encumbered by a hostage.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Charlespg

Not surprised at this or the  comments by the White house
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

rangerrebew

Obama Lies to Sotloff Family About Murdered Hostages Exposed
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:31 am »
- The Daily Sheeple - http://www.thedailysheeple.com -

Obama Lies to Sotloff Family About Murdered Hostages Exposed

Posted By Joe Wurzelbacher On September 9, 2014 @ 8:30 pm In Editor's Choice,Featured,Headlines & Head Lies,International,Lead Story,News,Political Gamesmanship,War and Conflict | 1 Comment

Sotloff [1]

By Michael Becker

President Obama [2] has been caught lying again.  Yawn.  Crickets.  The family of murdered journalist Steven Sotloff, who was beheaded by ISIS about two weeks ago, is accusing the Obama administration of lying [3] about the hostages.  We’d note they can get in line with the families of the men murdered in Benghazi [4], and we’ll see if they can keep this newest set of lies alive for two years.

“They’ve said that the families have been consistently and regularly informed. That is not true,” [Sotloff family spokesman Barak Barfi] claimed. “I speak now only from the Sotloff family. I can’t speak for the other families. They said that these hostages were moved frequently. We know that for most of the beginning of part of this year they were stationary. We know that the intelligence community and the White House are enmeshed in a larger game of bureaucratic infighting and [murdered journalist] Jim [Foley] and Steve are pawns in that game and that’s not fair.”

It appears that the Sotloff family has boots on the ground in Syria and they may have a compelling story of the dithering incompetence of the Obama administration and the President himself.  Assuming, of course, that the major media is willing to listen to them.  That’s a big assumption based on their non-performance with respect to covering the President over the last six years.

You’ll remember the Obama administration releasing information about how the President had sent a US military special ops group called the Nightstalkers on a rescue mission just before James Foley was murdered and how the hostages had “been moved.”  Well, it turns out that maybe a couple of rounds of golf [5] may have gotten in the way of sending in the team soon enough to rescue Foley and Sotloff.

For President Barack Obama the decision to send in the Night Stalkers was an agonising one. The audacious bin Laden raid in Pakistan had been a success but also preying on his mind was the failed 1980 Delta Force operation to rescue American hostages in Tehran.

Sandstorms and mechanical troubles led the mission to be abandoned and eight American troops were killed when two aircraft collided. The debacle cast a shadow over Jimmy Carter’s presidency.

Pentagon sources said Foley and the others might well have been rescued but Obama, concerned about the ramifications of US troops being killed or captured in Syria, took too long to authorise the mission.

Anthony Shaffer, a former lieutenant-colonel in US military intelligence who worked on covert operations, said: “I’m told it was almost a 30-day delay from when they said they wanted to go to when he finally gave the green light. They were ready to go in June to grab the guy [Foley] and they weren’t permitted.”

Another US defence source said: “The White House constantly goes back and forth on these things. These people are a bunch of academics who endlessly analyse stuff and ordering up another deep-thinking paper but can’t decide what to order for lunch.”

This sounds familiar, Obama apparently dithered for months over sending in SEAL Team 6 to get bin Laden.  The second Pentagon source sounds right on the money with one small exception.  Obama wasn’t even a competent academic.  He was an affirmative action candidate who graduated from Columbia and was editor of the Harvard Law Review.  He couldn’t even land a full time associate professorship anywhere, let alone a tenure track position.  As an “academic” he was relegated to lowest rung on the academic ladder, visiting lecturer.  Part time, low pay, no benefits, no tenure.  A position befitting his ability and because the major media refused to do even a cursory examination of his past the US is suffering through what may turn out to be the longest eight years of our history.

This episode may not be over.

Barfi even threatened to reveal more damning information about the Obama administration’s handling of the situation if the administration didn’t stop leaking details of Sotloff’s captivity to the press.

“If there continues to be leaks, the Sotloff family will have to speak out to set the record straight,” he said.

“The relationship between the administration and the Sotloff family was very strained,” Barfi explained. “We do not believe that they gave us the cooperation that they need. Once Steve appeared in that video, the Sotloff family made one simple request of the administration and they were rebuffed on that.”

“I can’t say that because I have to think of protecting the other hostages inside,” Barfi said when asked to explain the request.

Ultimately, Barfi said the Obama administration treated Sotloff’s family inappropriately.

Assuming, once again, that anybody in the major media gives a damn about a couple of inconvenient murdered journalists.  Or a US ambassador, his aide, and two former SEALS who gave their lives to save over 30 others who were under attack.

Frankly, at this point, what difference does it make?

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple [6]

Contributed by Joe Wurzelbacher of Joe For America [7].

Joe for America [7]Joe “The Plumber” Wurzelbacher crashed on the scene in 2008 when a chance run-in with then candidate Barack Obama allowed Joe to confront the soon-to-be president on his tax-and-spend Socialist philosophy. It was then, in a moment of clarity, Barack Obama let slip his real agenda; “I just want to spread some of that wealth around…” In an effort to inform the public Joe created the Joe for America [7] web site, where you can find commentary, videos and ideas covering a wide array of topics from leading thinkers. You can also follow him on Facebook [8], Twitter [9] or Youtube [10].

Article printed from The Daily Sheeple: http://www.thedailysheeple.com

URL to article: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obama-lies-to-sotloff-family-about-murdered-hostages-exposed_092014

URLs in this post:

[1] Image: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Sotloff.jpg

[2] President Obama: http://joeforamerica.com/?s=obama&lc=int_mb_1001

[3] accusing the Obama administration of lying: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/08/sotloff-family-spokesman-syrias-so-called-moderate-rebels-sold-sotloff-to-isis/?advD=1248,141475

[4] Benghazi: http://joeforamerica.com/?s=benghazi&lc=int_mb_1001

[5] a couple of rounds of golf: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/08/25/obamas_iraqi_mission_impossible_123753.html

[6] The Daily Sheeple: http://www.TheDailySheeple.com/

[7] Joe For America: http://joeforamerica.com/

[8] Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheRealJoethePlumber

[9] Twitter: http://twitter.com/RealJTP

[10] Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=JoeforCongress2012

They sold out 38 guys in a Chinook.  All the sudden a couple reporters are off limits?