Author Topic: US State Department: UN has chosen several thousand Syrians for resettlement to America  (Read 554 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2014/09/06/us-state-department-un-has-chosen-several-thousand-syrians-for-resettlement-to-america/

US State Department: UN has chosen several thousand Syrians for resettlement to America

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 6, 2014

And so it begins!

Marie Harf at the US State Department sending out the first signals! The Syrians are coming!

As I predicted yesterday, it is coming—the announcement that we will be taking several thousand Syrian permanent refugees starting in a few weeks.  The new fiscal year begins on October 1.

I’m using the word “permanent” for a reason.  Some of the Syrians going to Europe are only going to be allowed to stay until the conflict is resolved, but our refugees are permanent.

From Middle East Monitor.  State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said this apparently in response to a question:

The United States has resettled 166 Syrians since the outbreak of the Syrian Revolution in 2011, a State Department official said on Thursday.

Marie Harf, US state department deputy spokeswoman, said during her daily press briefing, “The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) began in mid-2014 to refer Syrian refugees in large numbers to the United States.”

She pointed out that there are several thousands of Syrian refugees waiting to gain entry into the US, noting that the number will continue to increase.

And, we are expected to pony-up another $2 billion for the Syrian refugee crisis by the end of the year.

Don’t forget!  Back in February, the Obama Administration bowed to pressure from “human rights” lobbyists/federal contractors to relax security screening so as to accommodate a Syrian migration to America, to your towns and cities.  I can assure you that most of the Syrians admitted to the US will be Sunni Muslims.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hopefully many of them will be Christians. Arab Christians are good people.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

SPQR

Hopefully many of them will be Christians. Arab Christians are good people.

My sister in law and her family are Syrian Christians.

Offline Carling

If that spokeswoman was a Republican, Saturday Night Live and other comedy shows would be ripping on her.

She looks like a ditz, and talks like a ditz. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

She pointed out that there are several thousands of Syrian refugees waiting to gain entry into the US, noting that the number will continue to increase.

Why are they waiting?  Just send them to Juarez and have them walk across the border.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
My relatives on my father's side are Syrian Christian.  They were from Beirut but there was no Lebanon in those days.  I am 4th generation.  My great grandfather and his 8 siblings all immigrated around the turn of the 20th century.  Their offspring now number in the hundreds, all cousins of mine.  Most of us are mixed ethnicity.  There are even some blondes with blue eyes in the family.

My great grandparents were old school.  They wanted their grandchildren and great grandchildren to be Americans, not hyphenated Americans.  Every year for the past 100 years we have had a family picnic in June at Washington Park in Sunnyvale, CA.  I haven't been for a while, but the last time I did go I remember thinking how All-American we were.  The only giveaway was the shishkebob and tabouli that got served along with the hot dogs and watermelon.

My family has done very well in the USA.  There are quite a few successful restaurant owners in the clan.