Author Topic: Viewers Prepare To Retch As NBC Inflicts Luke Russert On ‘Meet the Press’  (Read 344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/04/viewers-prepare-to-retch-as-nbc-inflicts-luke-russert-on-meet-the-press/?print=1

Viewers Prepare To Retch As NBC Inflicts Luke Russert On ‘Meet the Press’

Posted By Betsy Rothstein On 10:37 AM 09/04/2014 In | No Comments

Reaction to NBC’s Luke Russert being added as a regular face to “Meet the Press” is getting the reaction one might expect: People are pissed.

“Morning Joe’s” Joe Scarborough will also have a regular role on the panel. The show is reportedly trying to add a conservative view.

New York Post‘s Page Six popped the news late Wednesday night.

Gawker‘s Hamilton Nolan wasted no time trashing him, calling him ”basically just a dim 29-year-old dude.”  He predicted MTP will now be a “landfill full of the most useless NBC personalities.”

A sampling from the Twitter masses:

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bigger case of nepotism EVER. He’ll be running the show in 3 years.”
    “Luke is a goofball.”
    “Peak meritocracy.”
    “The trifecta: nepotism, liberalism & feminism … a ratings bust.”
    “Jeez I thought the idea was to fix MTP.”
    “Luke Russert has already deeply befouled his surname and the legacy of his father. Featuring him on MTP regularly is sacrilege.”
    “Hope he is his father’s son.”
    “Give me a break this is taking nepotism 2 ridiculous heights. He barely does the job now w/o embarrassing his profession now!”
    “Perhaps NBC might consider compelling programming, and not putting hacks like Chuck Todd and imbeciles like Luke Russert on the air.”

Only a few seemed enthused.

“Only seems right! How I miss Tim.”
    “Yay.”

“Meet the Press” with Chuck Todd in the hot seat debuts this Sunday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Not that I'm a fan of Meet the Press, but come on....the only thing he lacks is gravitas.   And that's merely because of his age.

Tim Russert himself would have had a difficult time rising to the top today, with the 24/7, multiple venue media.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

May as well inflict Toure on the Sunday morning audience.  Russert is where he is because of his daddy.  He has no interviewing skills, has a dull voice, and doesn't even look all that good.

And Scarborough is a full-scale drama queen. There's a reason his Morning Joe is at the bottom of the stack.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ms. Rothstein is reaching for the low-hanging fruit here. Twitter has always been the home of snark.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024