Author Topic: Phil Robertson on ISIL: ‘Convert them or kill them’  (Read 247 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Phil Robertson on ISIL: ‘Convert them or kill them’
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:49 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=2D04BE13-C845-4845-8EAB-32C97F5D25D8

Phil Robertson on ISIL: ‘Convert them or kill them’
By: Jonathan Topaz
September 3, 2014 06:12 AM EDT

“Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson has a prescription for how to handle Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant militants: “Convert them or kill them.”

Appearing on Fox News on Tuesday evening, the reality television personality quoted several verses from the Bible and asked why ISIL harbors hatred for the U.S. even as the military has increasingly withdrawn from the region.

Host Sean Hannity argued that ISIL is “at war with us” and creates a significant threat to the U.S. and Israel, regardless of how the Obama administration or the American people view the group.

“You either have to convert them — which I think would be next to impossible. I’m not giving up on them, but I’m just saying, either convert them or kill them,” Robertson responded, likening ISIL militants to “street thugs on steroids.”

The interview took place hours after the release of a video — since confirmed by the National Security Council and President Barack Obama — showing the beheading of American journalist Steven Sotloff. Two weeks prior, ISIL — the terrorist group that has swept across much of northern and central Iraq — released a video that showed U.S. photojournalist James Foley being killed in a similar manner.

Robertson is a popular figure among some in the conservative movement and has spoken in the past at the Republican Leadership Conference.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Phil Robertson on ISIL: ‘Convert them or kill them’
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:59 pm »
Convert them, hell. Just kill them.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee