Author Topic: Here's Why Mitt Romney Should Run For President In 2016  (Read 281 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's Why Mitt Romney Should Run For President In 2016
« on: September 01, 2014, 02:33:48 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-mitt-romney-should-run-for-president-2014-8?utm_content=bufferf7482&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Here's Why Mitt Romney Should Run For President In 2016
 Slate
REIHAN SALAM, SLATE
AUG. 31, 2014, 11:24 AM

“Oh, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no.”
That is how Mitt Romney replied to Ashley Parker of the New York Times when she asked if he’d subject himself to the hellish torment of running for president for a third time. Despite those 11 nos, and a whole lot more in various other interviews, there is renewed speculation that Romney is at least considering another presidential run. And I for one am delighted. Though I’m not quite ready to bust out my Romney 2016 kazoo, there is a case to be made that it’s time for another Romney campaign.

I realize that not everyone feels this way. Ramesh Ponnuru, an old friend and colleague for whom I’ve been mistaken on more than one occasion, is singularly unenthusiastic about a third Romney go-around. The problem with Romney, according to Ponnuru, is that “he never seemed to grasp the reasons the Republican Party has performed poorly in recent years,” the main one being that many middle-income voters don’t believe that the GOP cares about their economic interests.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Here's Why Mitt Romney Should Run For President In 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 03:30:04 pm »
The best thing Obama has done for the Republicans is he has exposed what an unapologetic fanatic Leftist looks like, and it is not pretty. Obama has exposed the nadir of Leftism which many Americans refused to believe existed, until Obama slapped them in the face with what true Leftism really is.

Obama is aloof, totalitarian, and he is exceedingly smug and arrogant. He feels no need to negotiate or compromise on anything because he believes he should not have to. If he says something, it is law. There is no point in discussion and there is no other point of view. In his mind, what he believes is always correct and that, as they say, is that.

I said all that to say this. Whereas the last election I supported Romney but in a lukewarm way. If he runs again, I will support him in every way I possibly can. I will even volunteer for him.

Obama has shown us all exactly how dangerous embracing or even tolerating totalitarian Leftism can be. Romney said, "He [Obama] is much worse than even I thought he would be." I agree. And I think/hope there are millions and millions more out there who are as sick as I am of Obama's hubris and arrogance.

It is time to get rid of the 'cool kid' Black guy, and to have some real adult leadership for a change, who at least will recognize 'rule of law'.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:33:40 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.