Author Topic: State Dept. Spokeswoman "Not Going to Put Any Labels" on ISIS Beheading of Second American Journalist Katie Pavlich  (Read 774 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/09/02/state-dept-spox-on-beheading-im-not-going-to-label-this-n1886347/print

State Dept. Spokeswoman "Not Going to Put Any Labels" on ISIS Beheading of Second American Journalist
Katie Pavlich
9/2/2014 4:45:00 PM

Earlier today in their second direct message to America, the terror army ISIS beheaded American journalist Steven Sotloff.

"I'm back Obama," an ISIS executioner says in the newly released video.

Two weeks ago in their first direct message to America, ISIS did the same to American journalist James Foley. The video showing his execution was titled "Message to America."

Despite video evidence of the gruesome acts and masked men issuing direct challenges to the United States, the Obama administration still has no strategy for dealing with these savages. Adding insult to injury during her daily briefing Tuesday afternoon, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said she isn't going to "label" what ISIS did to Sotloff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Pjgc4roBc

Melissa Moore @melissamoore
Follow

Jen Psaki: "We certainly - I'm not going to put any labels on this." when asked if she considered this an act of war.
12:47 PM - 2 Sep 2014

Many thanks to Fox News' James Rosen for asking the question.

Beheading Americans, which ISIS has done twice now, certainly count as acts of war. This kind of political correctness, the constant "no labeling," has not only resulted in Americans being killed but will get more Americans killed in the future. This administration is more interested in giving poll tested answers to questions posed by reporters than they are in fighting radical jihad as it marches across the Middle East to the West.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Contrast the stand-ins talking for Obama, with the direct tough talk by FDR and Churchill, when America and Britain were attacked?

How they clearly, without reservations, warned that we would prevail.

But hey, under Obama, disrespect for America has become commonplace, and he wants us to get used to it.

I say we make this a big, big November campaign topic. What is Obama doing, about terror against our citizens?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MACVSOG68

Lord help us to survive these idiots.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline NavyCanDo

Contrast this with how Bush labeled the beheadings.  These from 2004

President George W Bush said: "The murder of Paul shows the evil nature of the enemy we face. These are barbaric people. There's no justification whatsoever for his murder. And yet they killed him in cold blood. And it should remind us that we must pursue these people and bring them to justice before they hurt other Americans. See, they're trying to intimidate America. They're trying to shake our will. They're trying to get us to retreat from the world. America will not retreat. America will not be intimidated by these kinds of extremist thugs. May God bless Paul Johnson."

Also reported by many media were comments by other political leaders:

German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer called the beheading: "...a barbaric act that is in no way justified."
bullet British Prime Minister Tony Blair said: "This shows the nature of the people we are fighting day in, day out, around the world."
bullet French President Jacques Chirac said he was "horrified" by the slaying of Johnson. He denounced the act as inhuman and shameful.
bullet UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan said: "these kinds of brutal acts do not help anybody....My sympathies go to his family and loved ones, and I hope the perpetrators would eventually be brought to justice because we cannot tolerate this kind of behavior in today's world."

2004   "The free world cannot be intimidated by the brutal actions of these barbaric people," the president said.

2004  "This shows the true nature of the people who are opposed to freedom and democracy in the region,"

2004  President Bush condemned the beheading of a South Korean hostage as "barbaric" Tuesday and said he remained confident that South Korea  would go ahead with plans to send thousands of troops to Iraq.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

I was there (and took this photo) when George Bush stopped before boarding his plane to give a statement on just-breaking news that a U.S. Soldier was Beheaded by al Qaeda. There was no such silliness and political correct BS. He just came right out and said just how he felt - these were barbarians and we will hunt them down and make them pay for what they did.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Say what you will but I sure do miss President Bush...especially now!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
To Obama & Co, this is just workplace violence.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Lord help us to survive these idiots.

Personally, I'd label them as something other than mere "idiots".

An idiot is one afflicted by an absence of intellectual capacity and of judgmental ability.

The Obamian Regime is, by way of contrast, a ship stuffed to its gunwales by the Harvard-educated sons and daughters of privilege, breeding, and standardized exam certified brilliance. 

Then, why do they stubbornly refuse to offer even the most timid intellectual argument or moral judgment against the avowed enemies of human liberty?

Because, as ideological creatures of the Left, they have learned to hate their Own, and love the Other; unearned guilt having now replaced reason as the sole mode of comparative ethical evaluation.

Such understanding may in time, kill them.

But I think we ought not let it murder the rest of us, even as we remain as uninspired by genius as they who now rule our nation and dominate its culture.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:34:42 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The title reads as if Katie was the "beheaded second journalist". 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Relic

Such understanding may in time, kill them.

But I think we ought not let it murder the rest of us, even as we remain as uninspired by genius as they who now rule our nation and dominate its culture.

And I feel no affinity for these people. I feel no common bond that I feel with others I consider American.

It will kill many of them, unfortunately, it will also kill many of us.

Offline musiclady

Say what you will but I sure do miss President Bush...especially now!

Oh............................ me too!

Someone who loves America. Someone who recognizes terrorism for what it is.............. evil.

Having a spineless punk in the Oval Office is putting us all in the gravest of danger.

Did everyone see how animated he got talking about minimum wage and joining unions??

It's obvious by comparison that he doesn't give a rip about these beheadings.

Islamofascists are not his enemy.

WE are.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The title reads as if Katie was the "beheaded second journalist".

I miss proof-readers.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

If I had a son or daughter who went to that region to be a "journalist", I would hold a funeral for him before he left.
I would be no more surprised to find out that he was killed by a bunch of barbarians than to wake up and find that the sun had risen in the east.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The media" has been Obama's toady from day one.

Maybe when enough of their heads roll (literally), they will finally start to wake up.

Well... I can dream, can't I ??