Author Topic: Will California ban plastic BAGS? Legislature casts vote to make shopping more eco-friendly  (Read 446 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739014/Will-California-ban-plastic-BAGS-Legislature-casts-vote-make-shopping-eco-friendly.html

The California state legislature enacted a ban on plastic grocery bags on Friday near the end of its two-year session, a measure that if signed into law would become the first of its kind in America.

A number of cities and counties in California and other U.S. states, including Hawaii's Maui County, have made it illegal for grocery stores to pack purchases in plastic. But at the state level, opposition from plastic bag makers has usually prevailed.

The California Senate voted 22-15 for the bill, which must be signed into law by Sept. 30 by Democratic Governor Jerry Brown, who has not signaled a position on the measure.

Offline aligncare

Why stop there? Why not ban automobiles, too? Surely, that'll save the planet quicker.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:40:12 pm by aligncare »

Offline flowers

Why stop there? Why not ban automobiles, too? Surely, that'll save the planet quicker.
They won't stop there.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The San Andreas Fault just needs to dump everything on its west side into the sea.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline evadR

Plastic Bags??

They'll never ban Nazi Pelosi
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The San Andreas Fault just needs to dump everything on its west side into the sea.

That would certainly turn California 'red'...wouldn't it?   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Maryland charges five cents for every bag....whether paper or plastic.

Nothing but a revenue stream...from the state that taxes rainwater that falls on your property.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The way California is headed, pedophilia, polygamy, beastiality, Islamic rape, will all be legal. The only things illegal will be Christianity, or anything related to America, like a flag for example.

Why don't they just hire Putin for govenor? Oh wait, no they can't do that because Putin, Castro, China, et al, would shoot these idiots on sight. It is weird that the communists are more conservative than the American Left.

Hey? When is California going to ban itself? They should ban gasoline, heating oil, electricity, every thing modern. Then they can go live their life in a cave like the luddites they are. But what is even more weird is that the American Left are beyond even luddites.

When they are living in their caves, they would not be allowed to burn wood as the cavemen did, you know, because it is banned.

Seriously, when are we going to get rid of these stupid, freaking retarded FOOLs?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

It will split in a few million years I believe. If we could just hold out until then.  :laugh:
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
It is weird that the communists are more conservative than the American Left.

Indeed.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates