Author Topic: Mitch McConnell: No More Government Shutdowns  (Read 580 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell: No More Government Shutdowns
« on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:42 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/28/Mitch-McConnell-No-More-Government-Shutdowns

by Charlie Spiering 28 Aug 2014, 4:57 AM PDT

CNN’s Dana Bash extracted a promise from Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell not to shut down the government ever again.

“So just to make it perfectly clear, you absolutely will not allow the government to shut down either in the near future or if you become Majority leader,” Bash said during an interview with McConnell.

“Of course not,” McConnell replied. “I mean, I’m the guy that gotten us out of the shutdowns that some of our members pushed us into the past. That’s a failed policy.”

McConnell explained that Congress did have the responsibility to direct spending and warned that he would not just send a blank check to president Obama.

He told Bash that he was unaware of Sen. Marco Rubio’s suggestion to Breitbart News that the Senate use the budgetary process to defund President Obama’s proposed executive amnesty.

“I hadn’t heard about that before, we’ll talk about all that when we get back in session,” he said.

McConnell was adamant that he had no intention of shutting down the government.

“Remember me? I am the guy that gets us out of shutdowns," he said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Mitch McConnell: No More Government Shutdowns
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 01:09:54 pm »

Cool... McConnell announces his battle-plan to the opposition in advance, just like Bambi does.

Must be something in the water...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »
I had to take a shower after reading that, I just felt "dirty". 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:49:34 pm »
Shut it down, blow it up, start over. Then if you are Mitch and his pyles of horse manure Guttless Old Politictians.....announce this to help the enemy get the total destruction of this country.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:21 pm »
Anyone who thinks a government shutdown is a good thing, for any reason, is certifiably nuts.  They are always blamed on Republicans. Always.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.