Author Topic: After Hearing What a Tea Party Group Recently Did in Ferguson, You Likely Won’t Be Surprised That You Haven’t Heard About It  (Read 1028 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/27/after-hearing-what-a-tea-party-group-recently-did-in-ferguson-you-likely-wont-be-surprised-that-you-havent-heard-about-it/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons

After Hearing What a Tea Party Group Recently Did in Ferguson, You Likely Won’t Be Surprised That You Haven’t Heard About It
Aug. 27, 2014 7:26pm   Jason Howerton

The story won’t spark controversy or make many front pages, but there is some good happening in Ferguson, Missouri, in the aftermath of the unrest following the police-involved shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown.

Many local businesses in Ferguson were vandalized, looted, and even set on fire as demonstrators took to the streets to protest the shooting. Sadly, innocent business owners have been left to foot the bills. This is where the St. Louis Tea Party realized they could help.

The group spread the word of the “BUYcott” event on Facebook, hoping to get at least 20 people to show up and spend their hard-earned money at local Ferguson businesses on August 21. They apparently ended up with a group of about 40 “(mostly) white people” — and something amazing happened.

Members of St. Louis Tea Party with Dellena, owner of 911 Beauty Salon in Ferguson (Credit: Bill Hennessy/Facebook)
They reportedly targeted small businesses who “were hit hard by violence–violence committed (mostly) by out of town agitators, criminals, vandals, and hooligans.”

Bill Hennessy, one of the tea party members who attended the event, later wrote about his experience in Ferguson and how their presence made residents rethink their preconceived notions of the tea party:

A gentlman (my age) in the salon (husband?) asked who we were with. I told him “St. Louis Tea Party.”

“Tea party?” he said. “You bad boys,” and chuckled. Then he looked at me, very serious. He said, “The tea party came up here to do this?”

“Oh, yeah,” I said. “we don’t want to see Ferguson go south.”

He laughed. And he looked at me. Then he was quiet, lost in thought for a minute. When he came out of it, he was like our best friend. Laughing, giving us crap about stuff, telling stories. He admitted baseball can be like “watching grass grow.”

In that moment of reflection, I’m sure he was trying to reconcile “tea party” with what he was seeing–four white people, ages 18 to 50, laughing, spending money, empathizing.

That moment made the whole event worthwhile.

video at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Democrats and the GOPe are deeply concerned.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That's an awesome story!  God bless the St. Louis Tea Party!

:amen:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Carling

Democrats and the GOPe are deeply concerned.

Why would the "GOPe" be concerned?  I'm beginning to think you and a few others here hate what you feel is the "GOPe" worse than you do Marxists such as Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.  Is that going to be your legacy?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why would the "GOPe" be concerned?  I'm beginning to think you and a few others here hate what you feel is the "GOPe" worse than you do Marxists such as Obama, Pelosi, and Reid.  Is that going to be your legacy?

I personally hate the so-called GOPe because they think they can get thru November without saying a word...without demonstrating themselves as the opposition to this Left agenda.   They're cowards...afraid that they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory if they obstruct the Democrat agenda.

At first I agreed with them....let the ballot box speak and don't alienate the voters.

But it's getting so that I can't even read the threads anymore.  They're too depressing. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I personally hate the so-called GOPe because they think they can get thru November without saying a word...without demonstrating themselves as the opposition to this Left agenda.   They're cowards...afraid that they will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory if they obstruct the Democrat agenda.

At first I agreed with them....let the ballot box speak and don't alienate the voters.

But it's getting so that I can't even read the threads anymore.  They're too depressing.

I agree with every word you said DC, and I feel the same way.  I don't feel any "fight" coming out of the GOP now that the primaries are mostly over - and I don't feel much confidence that I will between now and November.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

I was a kid when the riots of '67 and '68 occurred in Newark and Plainfield, NJ.  The only thing they accomplished was to move businesses out of those areas and into the suburban strip malls.  It left those who couldn't relocate, the poor, elderly and infirm to suffer until they died.
Anyway, there is one term I will never forget from that time in my young mind:  OUTSIDE AGITATOR.  They've been doing since carpetbagger days.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline mountaineer

I'm beginning to think the anti-tea party folks engage in hyperbole.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org