Author Topic: Obama Administration Pressures General Dempsey to Retract, Downplay the Islamic State jihad threat  (Read 305 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/08/26/obama-administration-pressures-general-dempsey-to-retract-downplay-the-islamic-state-jihad-threat/

Obama Administration Pressures General Dempsey to Retract, Downplay the Islamic State jihad threat

Posted on 8/26/2014 by Eliyokim Cohen

Last Thursday, at a joint press conference held by Secretary of Defense Hagel and Joint Chiefs of Staff Dempsey, Hagel said “Isil is as sophisticated and well funded as any group that we have seen. They’re beyond just a terrorist group. They marry ideology, a sophistication of strategic and tactical military prowess, they are tremendously well funded. Oh, this is beyond anything that we’ve seen, so we must prepare for everything.” Today Dempsey succumbed to pressure and backpedaled on the jihad threat. Apparently Obama strong-armed Dempsey (instead of say, the Islamic State) to dissemble and deceive.

This is what Obama does. He lies and his jackboots lie for him. Take it from me, the Islamic State poses a very real threat to the United

States. And you can be assured if counter-terror initiatives don’t get there in time and the unthinkable happens, Obama will blame Bush

(and islamophobes.) Joint Chiefs chairman says ISIS not a direct threat to US, won’t recommend Syria strikes yet August 25, 2014, FOX

News Despite threats to the contrary, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff insisted the Islamic State terror group is a regional

threat and said he would not recommend U.S. airstrikes in Syria until he determines that they have become a direct threat to the U.S.

Gen. Martin Dempsey, speaking to reporters on board a military plane traveling to Afghanistan, said Sunday that he believes the Sunni

insurgent group formerly known as ISIS is not currently plotting or planning attacks against the U.S. or Europe. ISIS has repeatedly made

threats to attack the U.S. through social and conventional media. Earlier this month, in a Vice News documentary, a spokesman for the

group vowed to “raise the flag of Allah in the White House.” The group took over Iraq’s second largest city, Mosul, in June, and has since

declared an Islamic state, or caliphate, in a swath of territory covering northeastern Syria and northern and western Iraq. U.S. airstrikes

and a new policy of direct military aid to Kurdish Peshmerga fighters have served as a check on a threatened ISIS advance toward

Kurdish territory in northern Iraq. On Sunday, Dempsey contrasted ISIS with the Yemen-based Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which

has plotted and attempted attacks against the U.S. and Europe. As a result, the U.S. has conducted counterterrorism strikes against the

group within Yemen. Dempsey said that so far, there is no sign that the Islamic State militants are engaged in “active plotting against

the homeland, so it’s different than that which we see in Yemen.” “I can tell you with great clarity and certainty that if that threat

existed inside of Syria that it would certainly be my strong recommendation that we would deal with it,” said Dempsey. “I have every

confidence that the president of the United States would deal with it.” A senior U.S. Defense official spokesman later clarified to Fox

News that the judgment on whether the Islamic State is a threat is just one trigger. “Any threats against U.S. personnel and interests

could drive action against ISIL in Syria,” the official said. Dempsey also told reporters that he believes that key allies in the region —

including Jordan, Turkey and Saudi Arabia — will join the U.S. in quashing the Islamic State group. “I think ISIS has been so brutal, and

has wrapped itself in a radical religious legitimacy that clearly threatens everybody I just mentioned, that I think they will be willing

partners,” said Dempsey, who added that those regional partners could come together and squeeze the Islamic State group “from

multiple directions in order to initially disrupt and eventually defeat them. It has to happen with them, much less with us.” Up to now,

when asked about airstrikes inside Syria, Dempsey and Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel have said all options remain on the table. But so

far there has been no broader authorization for such operations. Both officials spoke in dire terms last week about the threat posed by

the Islamic State, with Dempsey saying the organization could not be defeated without some action in Syria. But the senior U.S.

Defense official spokesman said Monday that the message was the U.S. and its allies need a “long-term strategy” to separate ISIS from

the population. “In the meantime, if we see a plot against the homeland, of course we’ll attack it,” the official said. The Obama

administration has authorized airstrikes within Iraq to protect U.S. personnel and facilities and to help Iraqi and Kurdish forces assist

refugees driven from their homes by the Islamic State. Most of the recent strikes have been around the Mosul Dam, which Islamic

militants had taken, but it is now back in the hands of the Iraqi and Kurdish troops… FOR THE REST CLICK ATLAS SHRUGS
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

I don't believe they had to work too hard.  Dempsey seems like a toady for Obama and the mess he is creating, not someone who is fighting for the military.  And don't give me the mumbo jumbo about what a brilliant career he has had.  Benedict Arnold had a brilliant career, too.  That is until he sold out to the British.

Offline GourmetDan

We can only hope that ISIS' real target will be someplace other than Chicago so they can get rid of some of these idiots for us.

Let them do the dirty work, then we get rid of them...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan