General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Lauren Bacall leaves $26.6M estate to her family ... but $10,000 was set aside for her dog Sophie and $15,000 for her loyal maid

(1/2) > >>

flowers:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732403/Lauren-Bacall-leaves-26-6M-estate-family-10-000-set-aside-dog-Sophie-15-000-loyal-maid.html

--- Quote ---Money will be split evenly between children Stephen Bogart, 65, Leslie Bogart, 58, and Sam Robards, 53
$10,000 was left to Sam to care for dog Sophie
Art collection will be auctioned off this fall
Bacall lived in the same New York apartment since 1961 which is now worth about $9 million
She died of a stroke on August 12 aged 89
--- End quote ---

GourmetDan:

$15,000 for the maid?  That isn't even a good severance, much less an 'inheritance'...

massadvj:

--- Quote from: GourmetDan on August 23, 2014, 04:34:18 pm ---$15,000 for the maid?  That isn't even a good severance, much less an 'inheritance'...

--- End quote ---

I thought that was fairly low myself, given 14 years of loyal service.  But then maybe she was well paid to begin with.

Oceander:
I have no doubt that the maid was very well compensated.  I admit that it's low, but perhaps it was intended only as a sop so that nobody could say the dog was more important than the maid.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: Oceander on August 23, 2014, 05:25:50 pm ---I have no doubt that the maid was very well compensated.  I admit that it's low, but perhaps it was intended only as a sop so that nobody could say the dog was more important than the maid.

--- End quote ---

Geesh...never thought of that.

Sure hope the maid is Caucasian and not Negro.   :whistle:   Otherwise, they'll make a big deal out of this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version