Author Topic: Thad Cochran wins GOP nomination in Mississippi  (Read 5748 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Thad Cochran wins GOP nomination in Mississippi
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2014, 05:13:02 am »
You people are useless. You are a waste of time.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:22:03 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Carling

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2014, 05:13:48 am »
You're a hysterical jackanape who shouldn't be allowed in public without a harness and a leash.

What's really weird is that I agreed with you on the Tea Party smearing GOP incumbents.  Now, you've flipped, and I can see the same tactics used by the GOP against McDaniel in an objective manner.

It makes you hypocritical to me, in terms of how you are posting about similar tactics, but with 2 different groups involved. 

PLEASE NOTE:   I don't consider you a Democrat, and I find those accusations hurled at you to be frustrating, because based on your long history of posting, you're a true Republican, and believe in small federal gov't, states' rights, and not interfering in other citizens' social lives by trying to legislate morality. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2014, 07:21:39 am »
Oh! ye'll take the high road and. I'll take the low road, And I'll be in the Senate afore ye

I don't recall conservative tears when Cantor lost because rats voted in the open primary in VA. Mmmgander sauce.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2014, 11:43:54 am »
Your guy got out hustled.
You use that phrase as if it is a good thing.

Last I heard, "hustling" was a term pool sharks use to con their opponents. It's a shady, dirty practice and represents everything that is wrong with politics.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:44:35 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2014, 11:59:32 am »

Last I heard, "hustling" was a term pool sharks use to con their opponents. It's a shady, dirty practice and represents everything that is wrong with politics.

Come on.....

We all know what the term "being out hustled" means.    :whistle:

Want to stop the bullshit?   Stop "open" primaries.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2014, 12:16:27 pm »
Y'all should sit back, click on Netflix, and settle into a 24 hour Andy Griffith show marathon. Nothing like hearing Barney sing, "Nitta, Juanita." Settles the stomach. Thad who?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »
Y'all should sit back, click on Netflix, and settle into a 24 hour Andy Griffith show marathon. Nothing like hearing Barney sing, "Nitta, Juanita." Settles the stomach. Thad who?

:laugh:  I prefer Gunsmoke or Have Gun Will Travel reruns......never too old for a 30 minute moral lesson.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2014, 12:25:05 pm »
 :flag:

Offline evadR

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2014, 01:14:36 pm »
" Stop "open" primaries."

There's the key.
I do not understand the rationale for any system that allows dimocrats to vote in a pubbie primary.

Somebody 'splane it to me.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2014, 01:23:30 pm »
There's the key.
I do not understand the rationale for any system that allows dimocrats to vote in a pubbie primary.

Somebody 'splane it to me.

Usually implemented when one party dominates local politics and the primary winner often runs unopposed in the general election.

Gives people who don't register with the dominant party a chance to vote, which otherwise would not be available.

Or so I'm told...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2014, 02:09:12 pm »
McDaniels was never going to win the Senate seat. A vote for McDaniels is a vote for Harry Reid as Senate majority leader. Is that really what so many of you want to see?

There is a gold mine of irresponsible comments from McDaniels' radio show, and the dims would make sure that everyone heard them. Cochran used some of them, but they were only the tip of the iceberg. How many of these "pure" conservatives do we need to see lose GOP seats before we look for electable GOPers first?

Would you be kind enough to explain to us members of the great unwashed just how you made that great leap! I happen to think that he would win in a walk but I'm not one of those who will accept anything with an R beside his name and call it a win!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2014, 03:31:01 pm »
Wow.  Didn't expect this from you.  Does saying something that can't be disproved now constitute truth to you? 

When was the last time you hit your wife?  It's not a smear, because it's a question.

Where is the evidence that this flier was distributed by someone from Cochran's campaign?  If Levin has the evidence, why doesn't he produce it?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2014, 03:36:49 pm »
What's really weird is that I agreed with you on the Tea Party smearing GOP incumbents.  Now, you've flipped, and I can see the same tactics used by the GOP against McDaniel in an objective manner.

It makes you hypocritical to me, in terms of how you are posting about similar tactics, but with 2 different groups involved. 

PLEASE NOTE:   I don't consider you a Democrat, and I find those accusations hurled at you to be frustrating, because based on your long history of posting, you're a true Republican, and believe in small federal gov't, states' rights, and not interfering in other citizens' social lives by trying to legislate morality.

The tactics are repellant and even more so if done by someone involved in Cochran's campaign.  But they are no more repellant than McDaniel's boys taking pics of Cochran's wife.  Nobody believes that McDaniel didn't know about it. 

Has McDaniel made marginally racist comments on his radio show?  He has and those would have blasted all over the airwaves had he won.

You want me to denounce the tactics, I denounce them.  Now provide the proof that Cochran was behind them.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2014, 03:39:21 pm »

"Hustling" means moving faster than the other guy.  McDaniel was caught flat-footed in the runoff.  Surely he knew that Haley Barbour and the RNC were going to pull out all the stops to save Cochran.

He needs to put on his big boy pants and do better next time.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2014, 04:57:31 pm »
"Hustling" means moving faster than the other guy.  McDaniel was caught flat-footed in the runoff.  Surely he knew that Haley Barbour and the RNC were going to pull out all the stops to save Cochran.

He needs to put on his big boy pants and do better next time.

In this context, I think "hustling" included the use of race-baiting phone calls and speaker-truck announcements directed at poor black Democrats. And don't tell me that MS GOP had nothing to do with it - they paid for it with campaign funds from other US Senators.

Disgusting.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2014, 05:22:52 pm »

In this context, I think "hustling" included the use of race-baiting phone calls and speaker-truck announcements directed at poor black Democrats. And don't tell me that MS GOP had nothing to do with it - they paid for it with campaign funds from other US Senators.

Disgusting.

Damned right they did and EVERYONE knows it including the GOPe apologists here!

http://spectator.org/articles/59766/who-paid-race-baiting-flier-mississippi
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:50:46 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2014, 06:12:07 pm »
Damned right they did and EVERYONE knows it including the GOPe apologists here!

The lack of principled men is what got us to this place and yet some will argue that acting against your principles will get us out...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2014, 06:21:49 pm »
The lack of principled men is what got us to this place and yet some will argue that acting against your principles will get us out...

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2014, 06:54:36 pm »

Well said.

In additon, they will berate you as being too dull to understand if you don't buy their argument. It has a lot of the John F'in Kerry "nuanced" statement feel to it.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2014, 09:01:50 pm »
I'm sorry, but when you get to the point where the Republican Party has joined the Democratic Party in sending this country into the gutter for their own selfish purposes, distraction and ignorance only makes it worse. Distraction and ignorance is how this country's populace got to the point where it is today— mind-numbed fools.

And not one politician will call them out on it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2014, 09:34:18 pm »
as with sausages and law, so with politics in general:  those with weak stomachs ought not watch them being made

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »
as with sausages and law, so with politics in general:  those with weak stomachs ought not watch them being made
Having lived through the Vietnam era as a young draft eligible guy, the Nixon impeachment, the Carter years, post 9-11, now Obama and the current distress over the GOPe as it is commonly called by the right, I expect the Republic will actually survive.

My ancestors all had the grit to cross the Atlantic in wooden vessels, sails for power, then cross the continent, often in wagons or ships around the horn, I am amused by what constitutes "hardship" in some eyes.

With ancestor that fought in the Revolution, the Civil War, WWI and WWII, I am not alarmed so much as the perpetually worried screechers, on the interwebs.

If not dreadfully afraid and panicked, what would there to talk about?

What is there to justifiably worry about? A friend and former boss died at only age 70, of some rare blood cancer. He had expected to live for many more years. He had money, a bayfront 4,000 sq. ft. 3 story house, a 40 ft. sail boat, a beautiful and brilliant wife, etc.

Your life, quality of life, lives of family and friends, are what counts. This worry over the political news is largely manufactured by the news industry, to keep you agitated, scrambling back to the boob tube, now the interwebs, to hear entertainers that wind you up.

Chill, smell the flowers, this too shall pass.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:51 am »
Well said.

In additon, they will berate you as being too dull to understand if you don't buy their argument. .....

That post pissed me off too, Relic. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2014, 12:45:28 am »
Having lived through the Vietnam era as a young draft eligible guy, the Nixon impeachment, the Carter years, post 9-11, now Obama and the current distress over the GOPe as it is commonly called by the right, I expect the Republic will actually survive.

My ancestors all had the grit to cross the Atlantic in wooden vessels, sails for power, then cross the continent, often in wagons or ships around the horn, I am amused by what constitutes "hardship" in some eyes.

With ancestor that fought in the Revolution, the Civil War, WWI and WWII, I am not alarmed so much as the perpetually worried screechers, on the interwebs.

What is there to justifiably worry about? A friend and former boss died at only age 70, of some rare blood cancer. He had expected to live for many more years. He had money, a bayfront 4,000 sq. ft. 3 story house, a 40 ft. sail boat, a beautiful and brilliant wife, etc.

Your life, quality of life, lives of family and friends, are what counts. This worry over the political news is largely manufactured by the news industry, to keep you agitated, scrambling back to the boob tube, now the interwebs, to hear entertainers that wind you up.

Bravo, TS.....Bravo!   :beer:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2014, 01:39:20 am »

I want to thank you for that t_s.  (I just deleted a dissertation).  Suffice it to say, I find yours a hopeful message.  I need that.  Again, thanks.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck