Author Topic: Jesus Christ Did Not Believe In Tolerance And Peace, But The Punishment Of Evil Doers And Evil People  (Read 7788 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You don't know what I'm confronting. You don't have a clue.

You're making excuses for sin and sinners while disparaging the religion you yourself claim.

You make the same points as Leftist do on other sites. I'm calling out your disingenuousness.

BINGO!

The money quote.

Thank you so much.

Sin as a function of political ideology.

You have just validated every single thing that I have argued is wrong with conservatism today.

Conservatism has been solipzised by religionists to a degree that one can't be a conservative lest one adheres to a predetermined, narrow set of religious beliefs.

THANK YOU!
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
You don't know what I'm confronting. You don't have a clue.

You're making excuses for sin and sinners while disparaging the religion you yourself claim.

You make the same points as Leftist do on other sites. I'm calling out your disingenuousness.

P.S. I'm not disparaging my religion. I'm disparaging the way some religionists practice it.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The only sinners Jesus ever seriously confronted were the self-righteous Pharisees of his own Jewish belief.  And he confronted them precisely because they made it their business to condemn and denounce their fellow Jews who were not keeping the 613 Jewish laws.

Jesus was about doing good, not condemning sinners.

Yep.

Offline wolfcreek

The only sinners Jesus ever seriously confronted were the self-righteous Pharisees of his own Jewish belief.  And he confronted them precisely because they made it their business to condemn and denounce their fellow Jews who were not keeping the 613 Jewish laws.

Jesus was about doing good, not condemning sinners.

If you have faith in him returning, you will see a far different Jesus

Offline sinkspur

If you have faith in him returning, you will see a far different Jesus

If you carried Jesus in your heart, you wouldn't worry about his returning. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Amazingly simple, isn' t it?

Offline NavyCanDo

What you are NOT DOING is confronting sin in this world. Pffftt passing laws, you're not doing it on a personal level.  You accept sin because you don't have the gumption to challenge it.

The Pharisees sure had the  "gumption" to challenge sin. But what good did it do?     Before the Romans introduced Crucifixion the Pharisees dished out hundreds of thousands of death sentences for breaking Jewish law.    And the four most common type of capital punishment were:

Sekila - stoning. Being thrown off a tall building and if still alive being crushed by heavy rocks. 
Serefah - burning  This was done by melting lead, and pouring it down the throat of the condemned person.
Hereg - decapitation
Chenek - strangulation   A rope was wound around the condemned person's neck, and the executioners (the witnesses) pulled from either side to strangle the condemned person.

Israel (and the Gentiles) needed a Savior not another punisher.    If you want an example of what our country would be like with  strict laws that shows no mercy for anyone who breaks the law, look no further than any country under Sharia law.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

The Pharisees sure had the  "gumption" to challenge sin. But what good did it do?     Before the Romans introduced Crucifixion the Pharisees dished out hundreds of thousands of death sentences for breaking Jewish law.    And the four most common type of capital punishment were:

Sekila - stoning. Being thrown off a tall building and if still alive being crushed by heavy rocks. 
Serefah - burning  This was done by melting lead, and pouring it down the throat of the condemned person.
Hereg - decapitation
Chenek - strangulation   A rope was wound around the condemned person's neck, and the executioners (the witnesses) pulled from either side to strangle the condemned person.

Israel (and the Gentiles) needed a Savior not another punisher.    If you want an example of what our country would be like with  strict laws that shows no mercy for anyone who breaks the law, look no further than any country under Sharia law.

That second one sounds particularly nasty.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:52:30 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Hereg - decapitation

Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” According to this verse, sin is anything (words, thoughts, actions, and motivations) that falls short of God’s glory and perfection. All of us sin. Romans 3:23 also teaches that we must know the character of God before we can accurately define sin, because His glory is the standard by which we measure it (Psalm 119:160; John 17:17). Without a perfect standard, there is no way to determine whether something is imperfect. Without the absolute standard of God’s glory, every word or action would be judged by the faulty, shifting standard of imperfect people. Every rule, law, and moral tenet would become a matter of opinion. And man’s opinion is as varied and changeable as the weather.

http://www.gotquestions.org/did-God-create-sin.html#ixzz35USaUCEE

My core set of beliefs tell me not judge lest I wish to be judged in kind. They tell me not to cast stones lest I am free of sin and that I should remove the beam from my eye before I point to the spec in my brother's eye.

No one on this Earth can live up to the standards set in Romans.

I am merely a human and incapable of understanding the true character of  God, so I can't presume that I can define sin.

I am also imperfect, so I let those who think themselves perfect in His eyes do the defining, sincce they believe they understand the true character of God.

Offline wolfcreek

I do but, we are called to address sin in the world not just ignore it because it's fashionable.

"Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning."
Tim. 5:20

Offline PzLdr

My theology's a lot simpler. It's encapsulated in any Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon. The Coyote is Everyman. The Roadrunner is Life. And God is the Acme Corporation, that gives us the tools to deal with Life, and moves on to other jobs.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
My theology's a lot simpler. It's encapsulated in any Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon. The Coyote is Everyman. The Roadrunner is Life. And God is the Acme Corporation, that gives us the tools to deal with Life, and moves on to other jobs.

That is unique, and makes a weird sort of sense.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I do but, we are called to address sin in the world not just ignore it because it's fashionable.

"Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning."

And you should.

The line is drawn at that that point where religion and civil law meet.

Offline NavyCanDo

Timothy was writing to the 1st century churches in major cities like Philippi, Thessalonica, Ephesus, Galatia, Colossaae, Corinth, and Rome, as did Paul, Peter and John. These churches within their own walls were struggling with temptation, sin, bitterness and anger and were in danger from collapsing from within. These ancient letters were worded strongly for the purpose of giving them a slap upside the head. Why would anyone outside the church be attracted to listen to the Gospel when they see the same sins in the church as they saw on the outside?  The other extreme is why would anyone be attracted to listen to the Gospel if they felt condemnation from those inside the walls?
Know any churches like that?  Westboro maybe?

In my town there is a small church that has a reader board that often displays a provocative message, like If you don't follow Jesus, Burn in Hell. Tell me, why would you a sinner stop there? Explains why its a small church.  My much larger church twice each year holds a free oil change for single moms in the community, offering fun entertainment for the kids and pampering for the moms as they wait for their car. This along with many other community services for our community. Without condemnation, without prejudice - being Jesus to the world. Which church would you rather visit, the one judging all the sinners around them, or the one holding their hand out in friendship?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline wolfcreek

Timothy was writing to the 1st century churches in major cities like Philippi, Thessalonica, Ephesus, Galatia, Colossaae, Corinth, and Rome, as did Paul, Peter and John. These churches within their own walls were struggling with temptation, sin, bitterness and anger and were in danger from collapsing from within. These ancient letters were worded strongly for the purpose of giving them a slap upside the head. Why would anyone outside the church be attracted to listen to the Gospel when they see the same sins in the church as they saw on the outside?  The other extreme is why would anyone be attracted to listen to the Gospel if they felt condemnation from those inside the walls?
Know any churches like that?  Westboro maybe?

In my town there is a small church that has a reader board that often displays a provocative message, like If you don't follow Jesus, Burn in Hell. Tell me, why would you a sinner stop there? Explains why its a small church.  My much larger church twice each year holds a free oil change for single moms in the community, offering fun entertainment for the kids and pampering for the moms as they wait for their car. This along with many other community services for our community. Without condemnation, without prejudice - being Jesus to the world. Which church would you rather visit, the one judging all the sinners around them, or the one holding their hand out in friendship?

I  don't belong to any church but, I have attended all sorts. Too many feel-good, no real structure allowing people to make up their own rules that suit the newest fad and cultural sensation.

We have strayed from God's law and our society is suffering because of it.

I as many of.you have accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior but, it doesn't end there. There is much work to do before his return

Offline sinkspur

Well, you just go right ahead and be the sin police.  If you know Scripture, you know that Timothy was speaking about sin in the Christian community, not the sin of anybody and everybody.

We are not called to avoid sin.  We are called to do good.  Good crowds out sin, every time.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

I've never found anything in the New Testament where Jesus spoke about sinners going to Hell.

I can think of no greater sin that a man can commit than murdering the Son of God, yet Jesus asked that those who did exactly that  be forgiven.

Jesus is not about punishment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:55:23 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline wolfcreek

Well, you just go right ahead and be the sin police.  If you know Scripture, you know that Timothy was speaking about sin in the Christian community, not the sin of anybody and everybody.

We are not called to avoid sin.  We are called to do good.  Good crowds out sin, every time.

I too I'm calling out members of the church and others who chose to glorify sinful acts.

Just as how our education system has blurred or attempted to change history in the minds of our youth, so have many modern churches done the same with the definition of what is sin. Someone needs to remind them while there's still time.

Offline wolfcreek

I've never found anything in the New Testament where Jesus spoke about sinners going to Hell.

I can think of no greater sin that a man can commit than murdering the Son of God, yet Jesus asked that those who did exactly that  be forgiven.

Jesus is not about punishment.

Try some of these. (and yes I realize these prophecies are for those who are not saved but, I know plenty who aren't)

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Signs-of-the-End-Times/

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I too I'm calling out members of the church and others who chose to glorify sinful acts.

Just as how our education system has blurred or attempted to change history in the minds of our youth, so have many modern churches done the same with the definition of what is sin. Someone needs to remind them while there's still time.

No one is "glorifying sinful acts". Don't misinterpret what I am doing in order to judge my actions.

I do not agree with your interpretation of what it means to be a Christian. My Christianity is based on love and forgiveness of sins, not condemnation and confrontation.

I you think being a Christian is about confronting, condemning, and shaming people into living a righteous life, you go right ahead, but you don't rule my life, you are not a mediator between me and my God, and you certainly fall too far from His perfection to stand in judgement of anyone.

You want to believe that Jesus was about punishment?

You go right ahead. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Try some of these. (and yes I realize these prophecies are for those who are not saved but, I know plenty who aren't)

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Signs-of-the-End-Times/

Jesus said nothing about people going to Hell in they didn't follow him.

Offline wolfcreek

Jesus said nothing about people going to Hell in they didn't follow him.

He warned people about the wages of sin and told them they would be judged. (by God)

I'm not judging the person, only his or her sin.

http://www.catholicbible101.com/judgenot.htm

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
He warned people about the wages of sin and told them they would be judged. (by God)

I'm not judging the person, only his or her sin.

http://www.catholicbible101.com/judgenot.htm

Judging the sins of a person is judging the person. You cannot judge the actions of another person and try to say you're not actually judging that person, just their actions. That's kind of ridiculous. How about we all do the best we can to live good lives and allow God to do the judging after we are all dead?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline wolfcreek

Judging the sins of a person is judging the person. You cannot judge the actions of another person and try to say you're not actually judging that person, just their actions. That's kind of ridiculous. How about we all do the best we can to live good lives and allow God to do the judging after we are all dead?

Read the link.

After death would be too late for some people....wouldn't it?

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL

After death would be too late for some people....wouldn't it?

Perhaps, but it is not your duty to decide what does or does not save/condemn people. Leave it to God.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates