Author Topic: A Mass Murderer made in Hollywood: son of movie asst director murders six; UPDATE: bodies at his apt  (Read 6178 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
He fatally stabbed three males at his residence complex before embarking on the massacre.

http://www.keyt.com/news/College-town-mass-murder-leaves-7-dead/26153616

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I've been reading some of the coverage on this and I'm speechless.  Not sure what to make of this one.  22 years old, spoiled rotten, driving a Beemer and pissing and moaning about how nobody likes him.  Narcissistic at the very least, and obviously mentally unstable.  As others have pointed out there is no provision in our mental health care system, such as it is, to preemptively remove someone from society for mental instability.  The entry for mental health "treatment", such as it is, is contact with the local police department, and induction into the court-ordered and court supervised treatment.

Thank God there was a County Deputy Sheriff who spent good time at the range, and was in a position to end it.  That Deputy has my Thanks and my sympathy for having no other choice but to take a life.  He will no doubt be suspended with pay while the investigation is conducted and may likely even be called to testify before a Grand Jury before this is over. 

I fear there are more like this one out there.  There's no telling what this maniac has been up to, and I'm sure all the gun control people in California are all but masturbating over this one.  I'm also sure we are going to be hearing far more about this guy than we ever wanted to in the near future.

I also find it interesting that the best reporting on this is all from the British press.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:14:53 am by Chieftain »

Offline sinkspur

Like I said, I don't know the issues with this kid, and what I have seen indicates he has serious issues with narcissism and how he views women. That could have-- and should have-- been addressed before he snapped. But there are many, without those same issues, who have the same struggles. I dare you to come on up to my neck of the woods, where the men outnumber the women, and tell me that "men confident in their masculinity and maturity NEVER have a problem attracting plenty of women." (Besides, if you constantly get rejected, what basis do you have in your confidence? Delusion?) Where I'm from, there are very few women to even be had, and you pretty much have to get them while you're both still in high school if you're going to get anyone good. (In many places, such as DC, the paradigm is reversed; the women grossly outnumber the men... but I certainly don't have the money to live in DC.)

It seems to me that the rejection issues compounded the ones that he already had to begin with. In and of itself, it should never lead to this. I have been constantly rejected and have never so much as disrespected a woman, as much as she might deserve it sometimes, much less go as far as this guy. He was 22. He still had (some) time to get his head straight (and his relationships with women back on a healthy track) had he not done this.

I don't care about this nut case.  He's assumed room temperature.

As for you, move.  If you're halfway sane and self-confident, you can have your pick of women in Dallas.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I fear there are more like this one out there.  There's no telling what this maniac has been up to, and I'm sure all the gun control people in California are all but masturbating over this one.  I'm also sure we are going to be hearing far more about this guy than we ever wanted to in the near future.

I also find it interesting that the best reporting on this is all from the British press.

:smokin:

Hundreds of them. Try a peek here: http://thatincelblogger.wordpress.com/ and follow the links if your stomach for whining is strong enough.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline xfreeper

How I wish there was an "eff you" emoticon.   

:nometalk:

I don't really see how my post concerned you

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Wow to try to put the blame for this shooting on woman who have rejected that ass hole is beyond belief. The young man is to blame and sounds like a spoiled brat who doesn't get his way so he retaliates. Everyone in life has rejection you just go on and keep trying till you succeed in anything you do that is worth doing. I worked in sales as an insurance and financial adviser let me tell you about rejection you get lots of it daily. I was popular in my private life but still was rejected many times and yes it hurts but not everyone is going to like us and a grown up knows this and you learn this from parents who teach you about life and that we aren't always winners. This society is also to blame with trying to cut out having kids be competitive so they learn that they lose sometimes and it isn't the end of the world you just try harder next time. The only one and I mean only one to blame here is this young man.
I don't put it on the woman, although it certainly didn't help. I apologize if I came off that way.

The question here is, was being a narcissistic wannabe sexpot the reason he got rejected, or was a once-decent guy who was constantly being rejected finally get tired of the abuse and turned into a narcissistic wannabe sexpot, then a homicidal maniac?

In this case, it appears to be the former, for which there is no excuse for such behavior. He is to blame; he shot the gun, he lost his bearings.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

Suspect in California rampage blamed aloof women
Associated Press
By MARTHA MENDOZA and OSKAR GARCIA
3 hours ago

GOLETA, Calif. (AP) — In YouTube videos and a long written manifesto, Elliot Rodger aired his contempt for everyone from his roommates to the whole human race, reserving special hate for two groups: The women he says kept him a virgin for all of his 22 years, and the men they chose instead.

Authorities said he put that bitterness into action in a stabbing and shooting rampage Friday night across the seaside California college town of Isla Vista that killed two young women and four men, at least half of them students at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Thirteen people were injured.

Rodger then apparently shot and killed himself inside the black BMW he used in the violence, authorities said Saturday.

The rampage played out largely as he laid it out in the public postings, including a YouTube video where he sits in the BMW in sunset light and appears to be acting out scripted lines and planned laughs.

"I'll take great pleasure in slaughtering all of you," Rodger, the son of a Hollywood director who worked on "The Hunger Games," says in the video posted Friday and taken down by YouTube Saturday with a message saying it violated the site's terms of service.

"I don't know why you girls are so repulsed by me," he says in the video, describing his loneliness and frustration at never having had sex with or even kissed a girl. "I am polite. I am the ultimate gentleman. And yet, you girls never give me a chance. I don't know why."

Of the men he sees as rivals, he said: "I deserve girls much more than all those slobs," and that after his rampage "you will finally see that I am, in truth, the superior one, the true alpha male."

The first three killed Friday were male stabbing victims in Rodger's own apartment whose names have not been released, Sheriff Bill Brown said Saturday.

Then, at about 9:30 p.m., the citywide shooting and vehicle-ramming rampage began.

His first stop was the Alpha Phi sorority, which he had called "the hottest sorority of UCSB."

"I know exactly where their house is and I've sat outside it in my car to stalk them many times," Rodger wrote in his extensive manifesto titled "My Twisted World."

No one answered the door after one to two minutes of aggressive pounding, but he soon shot three women who were standing nearby, killing two of them, 19-year-old Veronika Weiss and 22-year-old Katherine Cooper.

He then drove to a deli where he walked inside and shot and killed another UC Santa Barbara student, 20-year-old Christopher Michaels-Martinez, the sheriff said.

"Chris was a really great kid," Michaels-Martinez's father said at a news conference where he choked back tears and eventually collapsed to his knees in agony. "Ask anyone who knew him. His death has left our family lost and broken."

Michaels-Martinez was the last one killed, but rampage would continue as Rodger drove across Isla Vista, shooting at some and running down others with his car, twice exchanging gunfire with deputies. He was shot in the hip, but the gunshot to the head that killed him was thought to be self-inflicted, Brown said.

Thirteen people were injured, eight from gunshot wounds, four from the vehicle and one whose origin wasn't clear. Just four of the injuries were considered serious.

Deputies found three semi-automatic handguns with 400 unspent rounds in his black BMW. All were purchased legally.

Rodgers had been a student at various times in recent years at nearby Santa Barbara City College, but was no longer in any classes, the school said in a statement.

Authorities had had three contacts with Rodger in the past year, including one case in which he claimed to be beaten but deputies suspected he was the aggressor.

On April 30, officials went to his Isla Vista apartment to check on him at the request of his family. But deputies reported back that he was shy, polite and having a difficult social life but did not need to be taken in for mental health reasons, Brown said. Rodger says in his manifesto: "If they had demanded to search my room... That would have ended everything. For a few horrible seconds I thought it was all over."

Attorney Alan Shifman said the Rodger family had called police after being alarmed by YouTube videos "regarding suicide and the killing of people" that Elliot Rodger had been posting.

Brown called the tragedy "the work of a madman" and said the videotape posted by Rodger the night of the killings is a "particularly chilling one, in which he looks at the camera and talks about what he is about to do."

Earlier Saturday, Shifman issued a statement saying Peter Rodger believed his son was the shooter. The family is staunchly against guns, he added.

"The Rodger family offers their deepest compassion and sympathy to the families involved in this terrible tragedy. We are experiencing the most inconceivable pain, and our hearts go out to everybody involved," Shifman said.

Isla Vista, a half-square-mile town centered on university life with outdoor cafes, bike shops, burger joints, sororities and fraternities, was shrouded in fog and unusually quiet Saturday.

Police tape crisscrossed Isla Vista streets, while blood was still visible on the asphalt. Bullet holes pierced windows of a parked car and the IV Deli Mart. A small shrine of flowers was growing outside the business, whose floors inside were stained with blood. For much of the day, the wrecked BMW driven by the shooter remained on the street, its windshield smashed in and its driver's door wide open.

UC Santa Barbara senior Kyley Scarlet said she heard the BMW smash to a halt outside a house she was in. Scarlet, who is a former sorority president, said two women from a sorority next door were killed on the lawn, where a pile of flowers grew on Saturday.

Crying students wandered up to the spot, shook their heads and hugged each other.

Scarlet said she was very disturbed by the video describing his anger at sorority girls.

"It's hard thinking my actions, being part of a sorority, led him to do this," she said.
AP via Yahoo News
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 12:02:45 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

The father of one of the victims has lit the fire:
...   Christopher Ross Michaels-Martinez, of Los Osos, Calif., was the last of six people killed by suspect Elliot Rodger before the gunman apparently shot and killed himself, authorities said.

Martinez choked back tears as he spoke, then grew angrier as he talked about gun laws and lobbyists.

“The talk about gun rights. What about Chris’ right to live?” Martinez said. “When will enough people say: ‘Stop this madness! We don’t have to live like this! Too many people have died!”

He then punctuated his words as he said, “We should say to ourselves: ‘Not! One! More!’” before dissolving into tears and falling to his knees as he stepped from the podium.  ...
url=http://nypost.com/2014/05/25/shooting-victims-dad-stop-this-madness-not-one-more/]rest of story at NY Post[/url]
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

California's gun control laws are already among the most stringent in the nation.

The gunman's father can be forgiven for not thinking clearly now, but surely he would feel no less anguished at this moment had his son used a knife.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

'We are in inconceivable pain': Hunger Games assistant director speaks of horror at his son's gun massacre as grandmother says he was 'very disturbed'

Father of mass killer Elliot Rodger, 22, has spoken of 'inconceivable pain'
Peter Rodger, who helped direct Hunger Games, offers victims sympathy
Says family called police weeks ago after Elliot put sinister videos online
Revealed Elliot was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism
Elliot lived in luxury California home with family and drove black BMW
Grandmother said he was 'very disturbed' and had mental health issues

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638427/He-disturbed-boy-British-grandmother-Santa-Barbara-mass-killer-boy-grew-Hollywood-royalty-posted-chilling-blogs-vowing-revenge-against-women-rejected-him.html

it turns out the family knew he was disturbed.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Again, I always wonder in cases like this one - what medications was this kid on? 

I know from having a close family member with some difficult mental issues, sometimes the medications make them worse. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I don't put it on the woman, although it certainly didn't help. I apologize if I came off that way.

The question here is, was being a narcissistic wannabe sexpot the reason he got rejected, or was a once-decent guy who was constantly being rejected finally get tired of the abuse and turned into a narcissistic wannabe sexpot, then a homicidal maniac?

In this case, it appears to be the former, for which there is no excuse for such behavior. He is to blame; he shot the gun, he lost his bearings.

If you read his manifesto, most of it is lifted directly from various Mens Rights groups. They are scrambling to distance themselves from this, especially on Reddit, but there is zero doubt in my mind that a lot of their poison had a significant effect on this kids behavior.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If you read his manifesto, most of it is lifted directly from various Mens Rights groups. They are scrambling to distance themselves from this, especially on Reddit, but there is zero doubt in my mind that a lot of their poison had a significant effect on this kids behavior.

I'm about 2/3rds into it and it is striking it seems to be lifted from various movie subplots. While I can't name one in particular, it all seems very familiar. Like the back story to the antagonist or protagonist. It could be just the way he writes being from the Hollywood crowd- but at least half way into it, I was thinking it was half BS from his mind, probably pulling stories he saw in movies and rewriting himself into it.

Offline ABX

Again, I always wonder in cases like this one - what medications was this kid on? 

I know from having a close family member with some difficult mental issues, sometimes the medications make them worse.

2/3rds into the manifesto and he makes no mention on being on medications or talking to a psychologist or counselor (other than a career counselor)....and he talks about EVERYTHING... I think if he was on something or going to a shrink, he would have mentioned it...  He was mental from a young age if this manifesto is to be believed.

He does talk about drinking a lot but his issues were far before he started that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 04:37:50 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline sinkspur

California's gun control laws are already among the most stringent in the nation.

The gunman's father can be forgiven for not thinking clearly now, but surely he would feel no less anguished at this moment had his son used a knife.

He DID use a knife;  the three men killed in his apartment were killed with a knife.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

He DID use a knife;  the three men killed in his apartment were killed with a knife.

I just read that. But we both know that the problem is not the weapon, it is the evil intent of the person who holds it. 99.99% of us who own guns did not kill anybody yesterday, nor will we ever. Someone needed to help this sick kid, and no one ever did.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline ABX

I just read that. But we both know that the problem is not the weapon, it is the evil intent of the person who holds it. 99.99% of us who own guns did not kill anybody yesterday, nor will we ever. Someone needed to help this sick kid, and no one ever did.

Interestingly enough, the only mention of someone ever trying to discipline him or set boundaries was the Moroccan step-mom would not put up with his s*** and rudeness. Everyone else in his family seemed to give into his spoiled brat, psychotic attitude.

Of course, he makes her out to be the villain.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Interestingly enough, the only mention of someone ever trying to discipline him or set boundaries was the Moroccan step-mom would not put up with his s*** and rudeness. Everyone else in his family seemed to give into his spoiled brat, psychotic attitude.

Of course, he makes her out to be the villain.

If you have a strong stomach - hit the link I gave Chief upthread. There are a lot out there like this guy and they seem to find their own little echo chamber.

Offline ABX

If you have a strong stomach - hit the link I gave Chief upthread. There are a lot out there like this guy and they seem to find their own little echo chamber.

I am not surprised in the least. I'll check it when I get done with this manifesto.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

A knife, a stick, a rock, or run them over with his car. Anyone as crazy as this guy was would find a way to kill, with or without a gun.

Of course I am not a Leftist and do not think like they do, but using such a tragedy to push a political agenda, leaves me speachless. That is the epitomy of heartlessness in my opinion.

This is opposite reality. He is the reason we need guns in society. He is the opposite poster child of banning guns. If someone had just shot him, many innocent people would be alive today.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's a poster child for having to pass an exam and get a license to be a parent.

Offline ABX

He's a poster child for having to pass an exam and get a license to be a parent.

Luckily for everyone except his victims, it seems women's intuition about him was his exam written by evolution.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Luckily for everyone except his victims, it seems women's intuition about him was his exam written by evolution.

That is a terrific observation, AB!    :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald