Exclusive Content > The Last Wire

T.E.A. and Solipsism with Lolita - How Conservatives Killed the T.E.A. Party

<< < (2/19) > >>

massadvj:
Personally, I don't consider these "losses" to be failures.  They are more like sparring matches.  They force a certain "vetting" of our candidates and they do force the incumbents to work a bit in the primary season, which can only be a good thing.  In the end, the insurgents will nearly always be done in by the big money and marketing finesse of the establishment, except in cases where the incumbent is so reviled or the challenger so strong that an anomalous result occurs.  When that happens, the GOPe candidates tend to squeal like stuck pigs.  I just love that.

I do have a problem with people who suggest our candidates should always run unopposed in primaries.  After all, where would the Globetrotters be without the Washington Nationals?

Luis Gonzalez:

--- Quote from: DCPatriot on May 21, 2014, 01:25:13 pm ---Now....I don't care who 'you' are!   That there was funny as hell!   :beer:

PS:  another brilliant piece, Luis!

--- End quote ---

I missed my headline last night.

I place the blame squarely on the Miami Heat.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Luis Gonzalez on May 21, 2014, 01:22:07 pm ---A guy who is now dead.

--- End quote ---

Look for the TEA party to take it up!

Luis Gonzalez:

--- Quote from: massadvj on May 21, 2014, 01:26:34 pm ---Personally, I don't consider these "losses" to be failures.  They are more like sparring matches.  They force a certain "vetting" of our candidates and they do force the incumbents to work a bit in the primary season, which can only be a good thing.  In the end, the insurgents will nearly always be done in by the big money and marketing finesse of the establishment, except in cases where the incumbent is so reviled or the challenger so strong that an anomalous result occurs.  When that happens, the GOPe candidates tend to squeal like stuck pigs.  I just love that.

I do have a problem with people who suggest our candidates should always run unopposed in primaries.  After all, where would the Globetrotters be without the Washington Nationals?

--- End quote ---

The premise of what the T.E.A. Party was has been lost, co-opted into near obscurity by the injection of Social Conservative ideals.

I loved the original movement's across the political spectrum's membership and their rejection of the Federal government's agenda. It felt completely "American" as opposed to conservative vs liberal.

That was refreshing, and that is now gone.

DCPatriot:

--- Quote from: Luis Gonzalez on May 21, 2014, 01:30:38 pm ---The premise of what the T.E.A. Party was has been lost, co-opted into near obscurity by the injection of Social Conservative ideals.

I loved the original movement's across the political spectrum's membership and their rejection of the Federal government's agenda. It felt completely "American" as opposed to conservative vs liberal.

That was refreshing, and that is now gone.

--- End quote ---

It's only "gone" in the MSM reporting.

I consider myself a T.E.A. Party charter member.  And so did the rest of the MILLION people there on 9/12/09 in Washington, DC.

That number has grown exponentially.

We're out there, Luis. 

But totally agree that it's the SOCON fringe that needs to be tied up and thrown in the trunk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version