Exclusive Content > The Last Wire

Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind

(1/4) > >>

Luis Gonzalez:
Eternal Sunshine of the Intolerant Mind
By Luis Gonzalez
The Last Wire

I am an intolerant man.

Ask anyone who has ever exchanged anything beyond social pleasantries with me, and they'll confirm it.

I am an intolerant man, and this is my manifesto.

Once, caught up in the "liberal at 20" portion of the well-known (wrongly attributed) quote about the impact of aging on one's political ideology, I would have agreed with the generally-accepted opinion which painted intolerance as a bad thing. All you have to do is to Google "quotes about intolerance" and you can see what I mean.

"Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit." - Mahatma Ghandi

"When you discriminate against anyone, you discriminate against everyone. It's a display of terrible intolerance." - Alan Dershowitz

"Intolerance is evidence of impotence." - Alistair Crowley

Intolerance is violence.

Intolerance is discrimination.

Intolerance is impotence.

One would have to assume then that if intolerance means all of those things, then the opposite of intolerance must mean... well, the exact opposite, and that a world totally devoid of intolerance would be a world where peace, inclusiveness and potency abounded.

Think again

I am here to tell you right now that intolerance is the only hope for our survival as a nation, and most importantly, as a civilization.

~~~

Continue reading at The Last Wire

DCPatriot:
Good one, Luis!   :beer:

EC:
Nicely done.

Prefer what I call "Not caring" more than tolerance. If someone is doing something that does not directly impact me or mine I tend to ignore it. Not condone it, not accept it - it's simply none of my business until they step across that line. Their life, their problem.

PzLdr:
What we need is Pope Urban II to call a Crusade and take those bastards on. Once and for all.

MACVSOG68:

--- Quote ---I am an intolerant man, ready to defend our tolerant society from the onslaught of Islamic intolerance, and their tolerance-pushing enablers.
--- End quote ---

Pretty well sums up a nice essay Luis.  None are more intolerant than the crusaders for tolerance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version