Author Topic: White Privilege Conference: Rape and Discrimination Appropriate in Some Contexts  (Read 291 times)

rangerrebew

White Privilege Conference: Rape and Discrimination Appropriate in Some Contexts

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On May 16, 2014 @ 11:22 am In The Point | No Comments

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you our moral superiors in all their glory. I don’t think we can aspire to the heights of their moral superiority.

The Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, the University of Wisconsin System, and the City of Madison have all sponsored a conference at which one organizer flatly declared that rape isn’t intrinsically bad.

The stunning exchange between an investigator and the unidentified organizer went like this:

Investigator: “Would you define discrimination as something intrinsically bad?”

Organizer: “No I wouldn’t say it’s intrinsically bad…As a sociologists, I think context means everything, history and context, and in some contexts I think some things are appropriate and other contexts…”

Investigator: “Rape isn’t intrinsically bad?”

Organizer: “It’s not.”

How original. There is nothing good or bad, but that we think it so.

It’s a pity we never do find out in which historic contexts discrimination is appropriate. Obviously we know that affirmative action discrimination is appropriate. But when else does the ideology of anti-racism think racism is appropriate.

Maybe instead of holding white privilege conferences, we ought to hold some leftist privilege conferences. And then leftists can unpack what they mean by rape and discrimination being appropriate in some contexts of their choosing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/white-privilege-conference-rape-and-discrimination-appropriate-in-some-contexts/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Todd Akin says hi.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024