Author Topic: RUSH LIMBAUGH WINS 'AUTHOR OF THE YEAR' FROM CHILDREN'S BOOK COUNCIL.....  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Sinkspur, I guess our tastes just run on opposite ends of the spectrum.  Of course, Rush talked about his hearing issues - I'm sure he gets all kinds of emails asking how that is doing.  I, for one, am interested in hearing about it because I really like Rush, I've listened to him for so long that I feel like we are "friends".  I care about him.

You're right, Medved is not my cup of tea - but it's a big old world and there's room for all of us.  I respect your opinion, you always back it up with reason. 

:patriot:

That's his talent alice... making like-minded people feel like they are part of something far larger, and that they are not alone.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's his talent alice... making like-minded people feel like they are part of something far larger, and that they are not alone.

Well, sometimes, events create an opportunity to exponentially grow your listening audience.  This is that time.

Luis, I believe because of all the publicity he gets, people are curious by nature and will tune in....if only to hear him make an ass of himself..

If they can get through a couple or three days, they're his new audience.   I believe there are possibly millions of those people that never understood the issues as explained by an funny, sarcastic, engaging, combative, fact-filled manner.

I'm convinced he could be POTUS should he want the job.   He's right there in front of us, folks.

Wouldn't THAT scare the hell out of Bill and Hillary?   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline evadR

Clearly off the subject but..

RE: "Oriental kid in his class."

Did you know that Oriental to describe a person is considered a pejorative?

How stupid is that? Oriental is a wonderful, nice sounding word and the only word that is accurately descriptive.

It's like Bobby Clampett when he was suspended for a week for using the term Chinaman. We have englishman, german, frenchman..yada yada..but nooooo chinaman.

The world has gone ape.

Beam me up scottieman.

/end of rant
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Clearly off the subject but..

RE: "Oriental kid in his class."

Did you know that Oriental to describe a person is considered a pejorative?

How stupid is that? Oriental is a wonderful, nice sounding word and the only word that is accurately descriptive.

It's like Bobby Clampett when he was suspended for a week for using the term Chinaman. We have englishman, german, frenchman..yada yada..but nooooo chinaman.

The world has gone ape.

Beam me up scottieman.

/end of rant

Sorry...

Didn't meat to be disrespectful to anyone.

My apologies.

There was a gook kid in the class
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Did you know that Oriental to describe a person is considered a pejorative?/

who exactly made this rule?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Sorry...

Didn't meat to be disrespectful to anyone.

My apologies.

There was a gook kid in the class

That's better. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Offline katzenjammer

I'm sure this is referring to me.

You don't listen to Rush very much if you have not heard him, frequently if not daily, say "I don't like to talk about myself."

Can someone tell me of what value to conservatism three or four days of learning the ins-and-outs of Rush's cochlear implant was?   

Other than Sean Hannity (who now has Degan McDowell doing an entire segment every week of "ask Sean"), no other conservative commentator talks about himself as much as Rush does.

I know everybody on this site likely hates Michael Medved.  To me, he is the most insightful, most intelligent, most unselfish talk show host on radio today.  I NEVER miss one of his shows.  HE does as much or more to further the conservative cause as Rush does.

Nope, Sink.  Though I may not agree with your points on some topics, I never thought you argue just for the sake of arguing.  (But no, not a Medved fan!!  lol)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Nope, Sink.  Though I may not agree with your points on some topics, I never thought you argue just for the sake of arguing.  (But no, not a Medved fan!!  lol)

So I was right.

Why don't you do everyone a favor and direct comments at the individual you're talking about rather than engaging in some bullshit, metrosexualmanish, sophomoric indirect comment?

We're all adults. If you have something to say to someone, or about someone, quit behaving like some last-century hausfrau gossiping over a party line and say it.

I thought I had an issue with Oceander a few days back so I directed my post to him.

I post when I have something to say, and sometimes that means that I disagree with something that's said.

If you don't like that, get over it.

I DON'T post just for the sake of arguing, and the proof of that is in the dozens of posted articles where where I agree with what is posted, and I don't participate in.

Next time you have something to say to me, grow some stones and say it TO ME.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:53:57 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline katzenjammer

So I was right.

Why don't you do everyone a favor and direct comments at the individual you're talking about rather than engaging in some bullshit, metrosexualmanish, sophomoric indirect comment?

We're all adults. If you have something to say to someone, or about someone, quit behaving like some last-century hausfrau gossiping over a party line and say it.

I thought I had an issue with Oceander a few days back so I directed my post to him.

I post when I have something to say, and sometimes that means that I disagree with something that's said.

If you don't like that, get over it.

I DON'T post just for the sake of arguing, and the proof of that is in the dozens of posted articles where where I agree with what is posted, and I don't participate in.

Next time you have something to say to me, grow some stoned and say it TO ME.

Go bleep off punk.  If I have something to say to you you're damn right I would say it.  I rarely read any of your posts so I have no reason to say a damn thing to you.  The biggest problem that you need to get over is that not everyone pays attention to everything that you post, and not every post is about YOU.  In fact, I can't recall ever addressing you in any post here whatsoever, I may have answered a question that you posed, but that would be the extent of it.

Grow the bleep Up!!

(And why don't you take your own advice, if you don't like my posts, IGNORE them somehow.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:54:15 pm by katzenjammer »

Oceander

Query:  why not save some of this energy, passion (and invective, to the extent it's creative) for the democrats?  Why waste it on intramural antics over Rush Limbaugh?  Some people love him, think the Sun shines through him, and that he's a real mover and shaker.  Some people don't.  Ok, that's nice; can we talk about something substantive now?  Or should we start arguing about something else relatively irrelevant, like whether zebras are black with white stripes, or white with black stripes?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Go bleep off punk.  If I have something to say to you you're damn right I would say it.  I rarely read any of your posts so I have no reason to say a damn thing to you.  The biggest problem that you need to get over is that not everyone pays attention to everything that you post, and not every post is about YOU.  In fact, I can't recall ever addressing you in any post here whatsoever, I may have answered a question that you posed, but that would be the extent of it.

Grow the bleep Up!!

(And why don't you take your own advice, if you don't like my posts, IGNORE them somehow.)

Yep.

I was correct about your level of intellect.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Query:  why not save some of this energy, passion (and invective, to the extent it's creative) for the democrats?  Why waste it on intramural antics over Rush Limbaugh?  Some people love him, think the Sun shines through him, and that he's a real mover and shaker.  Some people don't.  Ok, that's nice; can we talk about something substantive now?  Or should we start arguing about something else relatively irrelevant, like whether zebras are black with white stripes, or white with black stripes?

Do we all get to decide what constitutes a sufficiently important topic to argue about, or do we basically just let you pick them?

Maybe, we could all take turns!

That would be fair. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Unless you want me to interfere take my advice and use the ignore feature that Ocean installed here..sometimes there are personality clashes and it is just better to use this feature.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

It's Friday night and everything is alright!

Katz...want you to know you're a joy to read since you've begun posting regularly.  Read every word. 

You're learning that this is the place where you can do exactly what Luis just did and handle it directly but in a somewhat civil fashion.

We essentially mod ourselves here, and it's been a dog's age since a thread was locked.   Would hate to see that streak ended over something minor like this.

We've got a Moderate/Conservative war coming in here.   LOL!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Do we all get to decide what constitutes a sufficiently important topic to argue about, or do we basically just let you pick them?

That would be fair. 

:bigsilly:

you crack me up!!

Offline DCPatriot

That would be fair.

LOL!    :laugh:

Offline katzenjammer

It's Friday night and everything is alright!

Katz...want you to know you're a joy to read since you've begun posting regularly.  Read every word. 

You're learning that this is the place where you can do exactly what Luis just did and handle it directly but in a somewhat civil fashion.

We essentially mod ourselves here, and it's been a dog's age since a thread was locked.   Would hate to see that streak ended over something minor like this.

We've got a Moderate/Conservative war coming in here.   LOL!   :beer:

I enjoy your commentary too, DC!

:beer:

Offline NavyCanDo

I hope what I have been reading on the last page or two is not a growing trend on GOPBR. The topic seemed to change to weather we think Rush has been a positive influence or a negative one, and things got pretty heated.  If this is what happens when the topic is Rush, what will happen during the 2016 election season when some of us like candidate A, and others candidate B, or C?   Time we all take a deep breath and enjoy the weekend and a good healthy discussion and friendly debate on the topics of the day.   Oh and I like candidate A.   candidate B sucks, and as for C, don't let me go there......

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I hope what I have been reading on the last page or two is not a growing trend on GOPBR. The topic seemed to change to weather we think Rush has been a positive influence or a negative one, and things got pretty heated.  If this is what happens when the topic is Rush, what will happen during the 2016 election season when some of us like candidate A, and others candidate B, or C?   Time we all take a deep breath and enjoy the weekend and a good healthy discussion and friendly debate on the topics of the day.   Oh and I like candidate A.   candidate B sucks, and as for C, don't let me go there......

The same thing that's happened every election for the past 20 years or so.

We bloody ourselves over which candidate is the best, while the Democrats just sort of pick one.

I blame it on each Party's goals.

Our side wants to find a candidate who will promote conservatism, reduce government, control spending, never suggest a solution to the issue of illegal immigrants, roll back entitlements, put the Muslims in their place, and have apostolic views on marriage, otherwise any faction or another will "stand on the conscience" and stay home/vote for the Constitution Party guy. 

Their side has one goal.

They want to beat us.

Offline alicewonders

Good advice, Navy!  Let's agree to disagree, defend our positions with friendly banter and move on when things start to heat up.  There comes a point when neither party is going to give in - that's the time to shake hands and walk away.   :beer:

Offline aligncare

Just wait till Rush throws his hat in the ring. Boy! The fur will fly then.

Offline alicewonders

Just wait till Rush throws his hat in the ring. Boy! The fur will fly then.

I love that picture! 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The same thing that's happened every election for the past 20 years or so.

We bloody ourselves over which candidate is the best, while the Democrats just sort of pick one.

I blame it on each Party's goals.

Our side wants to find a candidate who will promote conservatism, reduce government, control spending, never suggest a solution to the issue of illegal immigrants, roll back entitlements, put the Muslims in their place, and have apostolic views on marriage, otherwise any faction or another will "stand on the conscience" and stay home/vote for the Constitution Party guy. 

Their side has one goal.

They want to beat us.
Well, in all fairness, the Dems bloodied themselves pretty hard in '08 and that turned out well for them.

A two-sided competition is fine. Any more than that and that's when it becomes a real problem. (paraphrase of Duverger's Law)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We've got a Moderate/Conservative war coming in here.

Geeeeez...I hope not...I don't want to spend the next several months breaking up fights...and answering post reports...let's all remember to use posting etiquette ...we can get our points across without name calling, snide remarks or snarky comments.... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34