Author Topic: Alchemists  (Read 3834 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Alchemists
« on: May 13, 2014, 04:21:02 am »
Alchemists
By Luis Gonzalez
The Last Wire

(TIME) Good news for Marco Rubio fans! The junior Senator from Florida is ready to be President, according to, um, the junior Senator from Florida himself. Rubio may or may not be ready to hold the most powerful job in the world, but one thing is clear: He’s certainly prepared to run for it, at least in the modern Republican Party. If there was any doubt on that score, it was settled during an interview on ABC News on Sunday, when he checked one of the most important boxes on any GOP hopeful’s job application: declaring that he did not, could not, would not, believe that climate change is real.

“I do not believe that human activity is causing these dramatic changes to our climate the way these scientists are portraying it,” Rubio said. “I think severe weather has been a fact of life on Earth since man started recording history.”

Those two sentences alone are a clinic in the art of the counter-factual, non-scientific dodge that can never be proven wrong because it says nothing at all.

That last sentence is amazing.

Lacking the ability to run in issues like jobs, the economy, the disintegrating image of The United States in the world stage, the success of socialized medicine (Obamacare), and the decline of our economic global influence because they all paint a stark picture of the failures of leftists policies in effect, the Democratic Party wants to judge the viability of a Rubio candidacy based on an argument about the weather.

~~~

Continue reading at The Last Wire
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:50:58 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Alchemists
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:57:16 am »
Well done as always Luis.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Alchemists
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 11:12:47 am »
Luis....you should submit some of pieces to American Thinker.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald