Author Topic: John Boehner: My Friend Jeb Bush Would Make a 'Great President'  (Read 7688 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John Boehner: My Friend Jeb Bush Would Make a 'Great President'
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2014, 03:28:39 pm »
Who is making you pay for a gay wedding Bigun?

NOW you are reverting to the throw up some chaff to confuse the issue tactic Luis!

YOU know very well what I am talking about! It is just a wedding!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 03:31:23 pm »
As Luis mentioned, the nominations of Romney, McCain, Bush, Dole, Ford, and yes even Reagan show that Republicans want their candidates to appeal to moderates.  You have to go back to Goldwater, IMO, to find one who had limited appeal to the middle of the political spectrum.

You and Luis are, of course, entitled to you opinions. In this case I disagree with them and have already stated my reasons!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2014, 03:38:01 pm »
NOW you are reverting to the throw up some chaff to confuse the issue tactic Luis!

YOU know very well what I am talking about! It is just a wedding!

Actually Bigun, I don't know what you're talking about.

What exactly is it that gays wants others to provide them as a result of their getting married?

I suspect that most people would have little problem with what two people chose to do IF that choice did not obligate THEM to pay for the results of their choices!

What exactly is it that you and I are expected to pay for?

If you spoke in something other than obscure generalizations, I would understand you better.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »
AGREED!!!

You could not make me vote for one at ANY level if you held a gun on me! That does not mean that I have to vote FOR someone else! I think we saw exactly that in the last presidential election!

I'm sorry, but placing your own principles FIRST....before the welfare of the nation, is nuts.

For what reason?   So, you don't slit your neck while looking at yourself in the mirror while shaving?

For example: " 'I' withheld my vote.....'I'm' not responsible if the RAT wins!.....it's the other rubes who didn't vote for my chosen candidate"

In case 'you' haven't noticed, the contrast between the parties is SO clear...good vs. evil.....that there's NO EXCUSE for not voting for the eventual Republican candidate.

It doesn't mean you supported him....it means you support the concept that the other side is so treacherous to our way of life...that it's preferable to [vote for] the one the GOP puts up.

As MAC is now inclined to say...."JMHO"!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:39:13 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2014, 03:43:29 pm »
You and Luis are, of course, entitled to you opinions. In this case I disagree with them and have already stated my reasons!

At the risk of  11513 if those on the right wing of the Party are in the majority, why don't they just change the rules?
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:05 pm »
What part of "they want us to pay for the results of their choices" do you not understand Luis?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 03:47:55 pm »
I'm sorry, but placing your own principles FIRST....before the welfare of the nation, is nuts.

For what reason?   So, you don't slit your neck while looking at yourself in the mirror while shaving?

For example: " 'I' withheld my vote.....'I'm' not responsible if the RAT wins!.....it's the other rubes who didn't vote for my chosen candidate"

In case 'you' haven't noticed, the contrast between the parties is SO clear...good vs. evil.....that there's NO EXCUSE for not voting for the eventual Republican candidate.

It doesn't mean you supported him....it means you support the concept that the other side is so treacherous to our way of life...that it's preferable to [vote for] the one the GOP puts up.

Did you read somewhere ME saying that I have ever not done that? But I will concede that many millions of others HAVE done it and Millions more, including myself, WILL do it this time if the nominee is  Chris Cristy or Jeb Bush!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:48:51 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 03:50:16 pm »
At the risk of  11513 if those on the right wing of the Party are in the majority, why don't they just change the rules?

That is NOT as easy as you might think but it IS being done as you will see in the next election cycle!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2014, 03:51:13 pm »
What part of "they want us to pay for the results of their choices" do you not understand Luis?

One of the glaring things they are forcing on some of us are things like making private business owners bake cakes and photograph their weddings, even if it goes against their personal beliefs.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2014, 03:53:32 pm »

Carefully utilized ['I'] to denote that you actually didn't speak the quote.   

Maybe you didn't 'see' it. 

But Bigun......I can read and most of the time I can comprehend. 

You're not voting for a moderate Republican in a POTUS election to assuage your own principles and standards.  You'll abstain.

....take it from there, sir.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2014, 03:56:54 pm »

Carefully utilized ['I'] to denote that you actually didn't speak the quote.   

Maybe you didn't 'see' it. 

But Bigun......I can read and most of the time I can comprehend. 

You're not voting for a moderate Republican in a POTUS election to assuage your own principles and standards.  You'll abstain.

....take it from there, sir.   :shrug:

OK! How about I've seen the result of doing that for forty plus years and do not like what I see! Not even a little bit!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2014, 04:01:10 pm »
OK! How about I've seen the result of doing that for forty plus years and do not like what I see! Not even a little bit!

The current environment we're in cancels out EVERYTHING you've gotten pissed off about the past forty plus years...despite there being a kernel of truth that the GOP sometimes exacerbates the situation.

Right now....we're 'living' in 1930's Germany.   You can believe it or not. 

This isn't the time to pacify your own anger.    Country first, buddy!   :patriot:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2014, 04:05:51 pm »
The current environment we're in cancels out EVERYTHING you've gotten pissed off about the past forty plus years...despite there being a kernel of truth that the GOP sometimes exacerbates the situation.

This isn't the time to pacify your own anger.    Country first, buddy!   :patriot:

I'll take it under advisement!

:patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2014, 04:16:37 pm »

Yeah, we really are. From the behavior of the American Jews, to the colleges and schools, to the economy. Every thing is the same as it ever was.

Here we go again...one more time...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »

The part that you seem incapable of explaining.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2014, 04:30:16 pm »
The part that you seem incapable of explaining.

They want us to pay for their treatment for AIDS!

They want us to bake them a wedding cakes whether we want to or not!

They want us to take pictures at their weddings whether we want to or not!

Is that enough or should I continue?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2014, 04:31:33 pm »

Imagine that there's a war going on.

Imagine that in this war, the home armies are trying to defeat and remove an invading army from their soil.

Imagine that the sort of conservative that you just addressed in your post makes up one of the divisions in that home army.

The army at large wants to go after the invading army wherever they are, while the conservative division believes that the best plan is to pick a strong defensible spot at the beachhead where the invaders first made landfall, dig in and wait for the invaders to come to them.

The army splits up, the main body goes after the invaders while the conservative division digs in at the beach where the invaders landed, believing that was the best spot to defeat them, and wait there.

The main body finds the invaders, engages them, and drives them back to the beach.

Once the battle gets to the beach, the conservative division jumps in and the invaders are defeated and driven from the country.

The conservative division will then stand up and take claim to the defeat of the invaders because their plan to wait for them at the beach was proven right.

The problem is that the ONLY reason that the invading army was at that beach, is because the main body pushed it there.

That, in a nutshell, is the whole "I won't vote for a non-conservative" thing boils down to.

The day that a sufficiently conservative candidate is balloted, it will be because the moderate faction of the GOP has swung that pendulum enough to the right to finally reach the entrenched, non-budging conservative division, and NOT due to the actual efforts of the conservatives.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2014, 04:35:10 pm »
Imagine that there's a war going on.

Imagine that in this war, the home armies are trying to defeat and remove an invading army from their soil.

Imagine that the sort of conservative that you just addressed in your post makes up one of the divisions in that home army.

The army at large wants to go after the invading army wherever they are, while the conservative division believes that the best plan is to pick a strong defensible spot at the beachhead where the invaders first made landfall, dig in and wait for the invaders to come to them.

The army splits up, the main body goes after the invaders while the conservative division digs in at the beach where the invaders landed, believing that was the best spot to defeat them, and wait there.

The main body finds the invaders, engages them, and drives them back to the beach.

Once the battle gets to the beach, the conservative division jumps in and the invaders are defeated and driven from the country.

The conservative division will then stand up and take claim to the defeat of the invaders because their plan to wait for them at the beach was proven right.

The problem is that the ONLY reason that the invading army was at that beach, is because the main body pushed it there.

That, in a nutshell, is the whole "I won't vote for a non-conservative" thing boils down to.

The day that a sufficiently conservative candidate is balloted, it will be because the moderate faction of the GOP has swung that pendulum enough to the right to finally reach the entrenched, non-budging conservative division, and NOT due to the actual efforts of the conservatives.

Yet another CLASSIC strawman from you Luis!

No company - no SQUAD in fact - is composed of any one anything Luis!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:35:41 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2014, 04:38:17 pm »
They want us to pay for their treatment for AIDS!

Is that enough or should I continue?

Sigh...

Bigun...

Gay marriage will probably reduce the incidents of AIDS.

People who wish to enter into a marriage don't want to continue the reckless sexual habits that lead to AIDS. You and Mrs. Bigun have an immensely reduced risk of contracting any sexually transmitted disease as a result of your commitment to your wedding vows.

The same will hold true for same-sex couples.

The nation at large wants us to pay for health care, that is a problem with the entitlement system, not with same-sex marriage.

AIDS is now prevalent among non-homosexuals as well as homosexuals.

But they don't want to force you to pay for either, which is what you claimed.

According to teh US Constitution, that argument should be settled in the laboratory of the States, and in the courts.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »
Yet another CLASSIC strawman from you Luis!

No company - no SQUAD in fact - is composed of any one anything Luis!

All you do is attack the individual posting.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:34 pm »
One of the glaring things they are forcing on some of us are things like making private business owners bake cakes and photograph their weddings, even if it goes against their personal beliefs.

How does that translate into making "us" pay for anything?

That is a classic situation to be settled by the States and the Courts.

Private business owners are already forced to do tons of things that they would rather not do, and those things are not necessarily unconstitutional just because they don't want to do them.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2014, 04:42:04 pm »
All you do is attack the individual posting.

NOPE! That's just how you take it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2014, 04:44:32 pm »
Is it that you can't help yourselves? Or do you see condescension as the proper way to address the heathens? Or, is it possible you don't see the condescension in your reply? I'll refrain from giving you my gut reaction, but thank you for reinforcing my initial observation.

Yep, Americans tend to desire a de facto royalty. However, the Bush name has been beaten, and abused. It's my opinion that there is no way, absolutely no chance, that Jeb Bush could be elected president, and I'd bet money on that.

I fail to see any condescension from MAC in his posts.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2014, 04:44:58 pm »
Sigh...

Bigun...

Gay marriage will probably reduce the incidents of AIDS.

People who wish to enter into a marriage don't want to continue the reckless sexual habits that lead to AIDS. You and Mrs. Bigun have an immensely reduced risk of contracting any sexually transmitted disease as a result of your commitment to your wedding vows.

The same will hold true for same-sex couples.

The nation at large wants us to pay for health care, that is a problem with the entitlement system, not with same-sex marriage.

But they don't want to force you to pay for either, which is what you claimed.

According to teh US Constitution, that argument should be settled in the laboratory of the States, and in the courts.

You are welcome to you opinions Luis. You are just going to have live with the fact that I don't share them!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:46:44 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2014, 04:46:51 pm »
Gents - you remind me of a damned good bar fight between a bunch of grunts and a bunch of marines.

You'll still be covering each others asses in the morning.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink