Author Topic: 2014 NFL Draft  (Read 8188 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: 2014 NFL Draft
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2014, 01:49:38 pm »
Even Jerra Jones doesn't know what Jerra Jones is thinking.

Truer words have seldom been spoken in the sports world.  Jones is the kind of guy who thinks, "everyone thinks I am going to do this."  "I would do it if no one thought I would, so I will do that because I can't do this."  LOL
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2014, 02:41:56 pm »
Truer words have seldom been spoken in the sports world.  Jones is the kind of guy who thinks, "everyone thinks I am going to do this."  "I would do it if no one thought I would, so I will do that because I can't do this."  LOL

I remember a Monday Night Football game that was broadcast on abc several years ago. It was the Cowgirls against the Eagles in Philly. At one point in the game, Jerra was trolling the sidelines as he has been known to do. I swear that the cameraman for abc Sports had it in for Jones because as Jones was trolling along, he started to pick his nose. I mean that finger was jammed up his nostril and working hard! As this was happening, not only did the camera stay on him...it actually moved in for a close-up! It was the funniest thing that I have ever seen in a football game! 

:silly: :silly: :silly:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:43:31 pm by Howie66 »
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2014, 02:45:46 pm »
Romo is the Michelle Wie of the NFL.  Competent but overrated and lacking the heart of a champion.
Hey, she's having a great year in 2014, including a victory.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Howie66

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2014, 03:00:38 pm »

I suppose that she's owed an apology, then?   :silly:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2014, 03:07:20 pm »

She has definitely elevated her game.  I hope she plays to her potential because I have been a fan since she was 12.  I have seen her play in person many times over the years.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »
I suppose that she's owed an apology, then?   :silly:
She sure doesn't deserve to be compared to Tony Romo! Ouch.
She's a proven winner.  Year to date: one victory, six top tens.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2014, 07:23:21 pm »
She sure doesn't deserve to be compared to Tony Romo! Ouch.
She's a proven winner.  Year to date: one victory, six top tens.

I don't know about that.  Tony Romo has won a lot more games than MW has won tournaments.  Neither one of them has won a major championship, although Romo is 1-3 in playoff games. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2014, 07:27:42 pm »
How can we compare a pro golfer to a football player anyway, given the individual v. team nature of their respective sports?
Bottom line, though, is that Wie seems (finally) to be living up to her potential and even the hype. I wonder whether J. Manziel ever will.

Offline Relic

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2014, 08:05:51 pm »
How can we compare a pro golfer to a football player anyway, given the individual v. team nature of their respective sports?
Bottom line, though, is that Wie seems (finally) to be living up to her potential and even the hype. I wonder whether J. Manziel ever will.

In Cleveland? Not a chance.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2014, 08:27:00 pm »

Nothing is impossible....if it already happened once.   LOL!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Graham
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2014, 08:27:59 pm »

My gut tells me that Johnny Jockstrap is a legend in his own mind. He reminds me of Colt McCoy or Ryan Leaf.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 08:31:30 pm »
My gut tells me that Johnny Jockstrap is a legend in his own mind. He reminds me of Colt McCoy or Ryan Leaf.

Seems about a dozen or so teams share your POV.

Or....is it because of what happened to the last slippery QB...RGIII?

Kyle Shanahan is getting ready for another Robert Griffin-type explosive athlete...hope he can handle Johnny's ego, because RGIII made mincemeat out of the Shanahans.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Howie66

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 09:13:44 pm »
Seems about a dozen or so teams share your POV.

Or....is it because of what happened to the last slippery QB...RGIII?

Kyle Shanahan is getting ready for another Robert Griffin-type explosive athlete...hope he can handle Johnny's ego, because RGIII made mincemeat out of the Shanahans.

I don't see Johnny Jockstrap as being in the same zip-code as RGIII. Not on his best day or RGIII's worst day.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2014, 10:14:18 pm »
I don't see Johnny Jockstrap as being in the same zip-code as RGIII. Not on his best day or RGIII's worst day.

Well, then, Howie......let me suggest that you change your moniker because your words are going to come back to haunt you.

The Browns actually got away with grand larceny...getting Manziel in the 22nd pick.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2014, 10:21:12 pm »

No bad-mouthing the Browns....hope springs eternal......

:beer:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2014, 10:46:58 pm »
Also Vince Young. Talk about not living up to the hype ...

Offline Howie66

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2014, 10:57:09 pm »
Well, then, Howie......let me suggest that you change your moniker because your words are going to come back to haunt you.

The Browns actually got away with grand larceny...getting Manziel in the 22nd pick.

We shall see about that. My moniker will not change for anything or anybody.

If you are interested, the "66" part of my moniker is my Salute to RAY NITSCHKE, arguably the greatest linebacker ever.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2014, 10:58:01 pm »
Also Vince Young. Talk about not living up to the hype ...

True, that.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2014, 10:59:45 pm »
No bad-mouthing the Browns....hope springs eternal......

I'm not going to bad mouth the Browns.

I'll save my hits for little Johnny Jockstrap.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »
Didn't mean to disappear last night but had an emergency.  I got a call at 8:30 that American Airlines had canceled my flight for today from DFW to ATL.  (Extremely severe weather yesterday afternoon shutdown DFW for 3+ hours and disrupted only God knows how many flights.)  I spent 2 hours on hold before getting a person who got me on the only remaining flight possible, Delta DFW-ATL at 7:35PM, arriving at ATL at close to 11:00PM.

This meant a 13 hour layover in DFW as I was flying out of College Station at 6:00AM, but nothing I could do to change that flight.

Thank God Delta put me on standby for a 9:30AM flight from DFW and I was #2 on the list.  There was one open seat and the guy who was #1 on the list wasn't there when they called so I got the seat and made it to my hotel a few hours ago.  Delta even managed to get my checked bag on the earlier flight, even though they told me it probably wouldn't happen.  I never really liked Delta, but they just moved up big time in my book and American took a nose dive.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2014, 11:03:10 pm »
I'm not going to bad mouth the Browns.

I'll save my hits for little Johnny Jockstrap.

People did that for 2 years, and usually it proved to be to their detriment.  If he hadn't fractured his thumb last year (hitting his throwing hand on a teammates helmet), he would not have been off for the last few games.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Howie66

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2014, 11:06:57 pm »
Didn't mean to disappear last night but had an emergency.  I got a call at 8:30 that American Airlines had canceled my flight for today from DFW to ATL.  (Extremely severe weather yesterday afternoon shutdown DFW for 3+ hours and disrupted only God knows how many flights.)  I spent 2 hours on hold before getting a person who got me on the only remaining flight possible, Delta DFW-ATL at 7:35PM, arriving at ATL at close to 11:00PM.

This meant a 13 hour layover in DFW as I was flying out of College Station at 6:00AM, but nothing I could do to change that flight.

Thank God Delta put me on standby for a 9:30AM flight from DFW and I was #2 on the list.  There was one open seat and the guy who was #1 on the list wasn't there when they called so I got the seat and made it to my hotel a few hours ago.  Delta even managed to get my checked bag on the earlier flight, even though they told me it probably wouldn't happen.  I never really liked Delta, but they just moved up big time in my book and American took a nose dive.

:thumbsup:

Offline Howie66

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2014, 11:11:15 pm »
People did that for 2 years, and usually it proved to be to their detriment.  If he hadn't fractured his thumb last year (hitting his throwing hand on a teammates helmet), he would not have been off for the last few games.

Hey, I'm going to be watching now that it's time for him to put up or shut up. He'll be playing with the Big Boys, now. IF he can make the transition, that is. Since he's not black of hispanic, he won't have that cushion to work for him. Not sure if he's gay or not. Maybe holding that in reserve?   :whistle:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2014, 11:12:23 pm »
Round 2

Pick #33
Houston, Texans
Xavier Su'a-Filo (G) UCLA

I swear, most of the "fans" there do nothing but boo.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2014, 11:13:30 pm »
Hey, I'm going to be watching now that it's time for him to put up or shut up. He'll be playing with the Big Boys, now. IF he can make the transition, that is. Since he's not black of hispanic, he won't have that cushion to work for him. Not sure if he's gay or not. Maybe holding that in reserve?   :whistle:

He has a smoking hot girlfriend.

I hope he does well, but no idea if he will.  A great college QB doesn't mean someone will be a great NFL QB, and the reverse is also true.  He'll get his shot, which is all he's always wanted.