Exclusive Content > Editorials

Amnesty: The devaluation of American Citizenship

(1/37) > >>

Howie66:
I am completely fed up with all of this discussion of granting amnesty to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

It makes me sick and angry to see so many that are willing to destroy the value that has been historically placed on the status of "Citizen" in our country, in the name of political expediency. Handing out the status of United States Citizen should not be on an equal plane as giving out door prizes.

Does anybody really believe that people who break into our country are going to magically become good law-abiding productive members of society? Seriously? Think about it. The first act of illegally crossing our border is followed by acts of fraud (fake identification, etc) and theft (accessing public benefits). And we are to believe that these are "victimless" crimes?

To those who suggest that we have to grant Amnesty because there is no practical way to deport the 11 to 20 MILLION (or so) ILLEGAL ALIENS that are currently here, I say that there is no need to deport them. Just ENFORCE existing laws that prevent access to any and all PUBLIC SERVICES, fine Employers that staff their businesses with ILLEGAL ALIENS and the deportation issue will take care of itself in very short order. It is not rocket science at all.

To those people that have jumped through all of the hoops to come to America to become Citizens, the granting of Amnesty to those who violated the law to come here would be nothing less than a huge slap in the face. Is that what we are willing to tolerate? I, for one, am not so inclined.

Anybody that claims to give two hoots about our country and our rule of law who then says that they support AMNESTY is a LIAR and a FOOL and should be treated accordingly.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: Howie66 on April 29, 2014, 02:11:20 pm ---I am completely fed up with all of this discussion of granting amnesty to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

It makes me sick and angry to see so many that are willing to destroy the value that has been historically placed on the status of "Citizen" in our country, in the name of political expediency. Handing out the status of United States Citizen should not be on an equal plane as giving out door prizes.

Does anybody really believe that people who break into our country are going to magically become good law-abiding productive members of society? Seriously? Think about it. The first act of illegally crossing our border is followed by acts of fraud (fake identification, etc) and theft (accessing public benefits). And we are to believe that these are "victimless" crimes?

To those who suggest that we have to grant Amnesty because there is no practical way to deport the 11 to 20 MILLION (or so) ILLEGAL ALIENS that are currently here, I say that there is no need to deport them. Just ENFORCE existing laws that prevent access to any and all PUBLIC SERVICES, fine Employers that staff their businesses with ILLEGAL ALIENS and the deportation issue will take care of itself in very short order. It is not rocket science at all.

To those people that have jumped through all of the hoops to come to America to become Citizens, the granting of Amnesty to those who violated the law to come here would be nothing less than a huge slap in the face. Is that what we are willing to tolerate? I, for one, am not so inclined.

Anybody that claims to give two hoots about our country and our rule of law who then says that they support AMNESTY is a LIAR and a FOOL and should be treated accordingly.

--- End quote ---

:da man:

:hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

katzenjammer:

--- Quote from: Howie66 on April 29, 2014, 02:11:20 pm ---I am completely fed up with all of this discussion of granting amnesty to ILLEGAL ALIENS.

--- End quote ---

:thumbsup:

I am in total agreement with you Howie.  A nation cannot exist without enforced borders.  It amazes me that this simple point has been overlooked for so long, and it is no surprise that we have devolved to this place.  Two powerful forces have warped this whole discussion: the left which wants to continue to swarm and overwhelm our system, and the corporatists than want cheap labor.  And at this point we have no politicians willing to stand up against these forces, and a large swath of the population (from the so called "right") cheering them on to cave completely on some faint hope that they will "win" an election.  Given the cost of this "win," what will it provide for the health and well being of the nation?

mountaineer:

--- Quote ---Just ENFORCE existing laws
--- End quote ---
That's the bottom line with immigration - and firearms, for that matter. We already have plenty of laws, probably more than we need. Why does this congress insist on passing new ones? There is a pathway to citizenship, and immigrants have been following it for many years.

Bigun:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on April 29, 2014, 02:26:21 pm ---That's the bottom line with immigration - and firearms, for that matter. We already have plenty of laws, probably more than we need. Why does this congress insist on passing new ones? There is a pathway to citizenship, and immigrants have been following it for many years.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely right!

:beer:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version