Author Topic: Sarah Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we’d baptize terrorists’ in her administration  (Read 13399 times)

Offline mountaineer

11513  11513 11513 11513
We get it, Palin haters. We really do.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
11513  11513 11513 11513
We get it, Palin haters. We really do.

How utterly liberal of you.

Disagreement=hatred

That's the last four and a half years of the Obama administration, and probably the next three and a half.

She said something stupid, and I criticized her for it.

I don't hate her, I don't know her.

I think she's hot, but management disapproves of me saying so.

Hubba hubba!
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

couldn't help myself.... :bolt:

You hate me...

I knew it.

8888crybaby
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That post was a joke, and my attempt at lightening up the mood.

But since you're going to go where you went, I'll point out that the majority of your post make no sense.

See if this helps!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, "torture" happens when a victim is subjected to bodily mutilation or bodily fractures or insertions.

Waterboarding isn't only not in the same league....it's not in the same sport.

Scaring the living shit out of somebody to extract information is not torture.   It's brilliantly efficient.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
IMO, "torture" happens when a victim is subjected to bodily mutilation or bodily fractures or insertions.

Scaring the living shit out of somebody to extract information is not torture.   It's brilliantly efficient.

Bears repeating! So I did!

:beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

So you would be OK with captured American soldiers being waterboarded by Taliban interrogators in order to extract information from them?

Please don't come back with one of those "better that than" responses. Address this as a stand-alone issue.

Online Lando Lincoln

I liked the thread better when it was the Palin detractors versus the Palin supporters as we dissected her words. 

--------

What is it about waterboarding that makes it effective?  I'm talking about the human response when a hardened person loses his or her determination to withhold information and begins to cough it up (with a little water, I suppose).  Why the change?  Could it be because of the trauma experienced?  Is that not at least part of the definition of torture?  It is after all... purely a definition we are debating.  Putting someone in a dark hole with only minimal food and water breaks no bones.  But over time, it breaks people.  Why?

--------

Now... am I for waterboarding?  Yes, but there needs to be "Rules of Engagement" established.  Do I know what those rules are exactly?  No.  But yes, I support it. 

--------

As for Sarah Palin... she thought it was a good red meat line for her paid appearance.  Gotta keep the schtick going, you know.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I liked the thread better when it was the Palin detractors versus the Palin supporters as we dissected her words. 

--------

What is it about waterboarding that makes it effective?  I'm talking about the human response when a hardened person loses his or her determination to withhold information and begins to cough it up (with a little water, I suppose).  Why the change?  Could it be because of the trauma experienced?  Is that not at least part of the definition of torture?  It is after all... purely a definition we are debating.  Putting someone in a dark hole with only minimal food and water breaks no bones.  But over time, it breaks people.  Why?

--------

Now... am I for waterboarding?  Yes, but there needs to be "Rules of Engagement" established.  Do I know what those rules are exactly?  No.  But yes, I support it. 

--------

As for Sarah Palin... she thought it was a good red meat line for her paid appearance.  Gotta keep the schtick going, you know.

It has always been a pleasure to share a bit of cyberspace with you.

Online Lando Lincoln

It has always been a pleasure to share a bit of cyberspace with you.

Likewise amigo.  I just never want to get tangled up with you.  Too mentally agile.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:35:13 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

So you would be OK with captured American soldiers being waterboarded by Taliban interrogators in order to extract information from them?

Please don't come back with one of those "better that than" responses. Address this as a stand-alone issue.

Luis, I luv ya! 

They're already cutting their heads off....after sodomizing them.

And you're trying to close me by offering me a yes or no question?   Nice try.    :laugh:

But I'm like Lando...but also like Harry Callahan....I know my limitations!    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis, I luv ya! 

They're already cutting their heads off....after sodomizing them.

And you're trying to close me by offering me a yes or no question?   Nice try.    :laugh:

But I'm like Lando...but also like Harry Callahan....I know my limitations!    :beer:

Coward.

:beer:

I'm still chuckling over the contortions that Palin's people are willing to go through to cover for Saint Sarah

What is Baptism?

A religious rite that involves either an individual being submerged in water, or water being poured over someone's head.

What is waterboarding?

Basically water being poured over someone's head, but I'm supposed to believe that Saint Sarah was not referring to the religious ritual when she said what she said.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I'm not the least bit worried about captured Americans being water boarded! I'm much more worried about them having their heads hacked off with dull instruments!

I truly wish that international terrorists conformed to the same social moralities you hold but unfortunately they do not! Not by a damned site!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
To be fair to Gov. Palin, baptism does get misused by others as well. Never heard the phrase "Baptism of fire?"

Sure - she could have picked a better word.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
To be fair to Gov. Palin, baptism does get misused by others as well. Never heard the phrase "Baptism of fire?"

Sure - she could have picked a better word.

Specially when she was referring to an act where water is poured over someone's head

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm not the least bit worried about captured Americans being water boarded! I'm much more worried about them having their heads hacked off with dull instruments!

I truly wish that international terrorists conformed to the same social moralities you hold but unfortunately they do not! Not by a damned site!

Too true. Interrogation is a tool in the box, same as anything else. Terrorists tend to be a little more brutally direct in their approach. It's why my friend Raine has only two fingers and a thumb on one hand. They took the other two - one joint at a time over several days. Compared to that, waterboarding is an amusement park ride.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Regardless of how cutsie she thought she was. Regardless of how much I love her (eventually we will be man and wife, I know it). Regardless of me following her on facebook etc.

Regardless of all that, what she said was a stupid thing to say on so many levels. And, it will result in the deaths of Christians worldwide and possibly the death of troops as well.

Those who know me know that I do not coddle Muslims. My personal belief is that anyone who is NOT anti-Islam must be either completely ignorant or insane. But this was just like poking a pit-bull. Or, in Sarah terms, she was teasing a bear. It demeaned Christianity and it gave the wackos more fodder for recruitment and to be used to goad other unstable religious zealots into attacks which they otherwise may not have done.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:29:15 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Too true. Interrogation is a tool in the box, same as anything else. Terrorists tend to be a little more brutally direct in their approach. It's why my friend Raine has only two fingers and a thumb on one hand. They took the other two - one joint at a time over several days. Compared to that, waterboarding is an amusement park ride.

:amen:

Next time you see him tell Raine I said thank you!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:19:36 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

It was exactly my point.

I wish the worst thing that would happen to a captured American....let alone soldier or special ops...would be waterboarding for information.

And we're pissing our pants arguing if that's 'torturing' them.    :whistle:

Online Lando Lincoln

It was exactly my point.

I wish the worst thing that would happen to a captured American....let alone soldier or special ops...would be waterboarding for information.

Nope. This is a thread where we are defining words.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
:amen:

Next time you see him tell Raine I said thank you!

I shall.  :laugh: We don't talk often, but we do the odd phone call. Mostly letters though - you know how treasured letters are!

The people who did that - they were dealt with.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It was exactly my point.

I understood you perfectly! You said it very well in fact!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I shall.  :laugh: We don't talk often, but we do the odd phone call. Mostly letters though - you know how treasured letters are!

The people who did that - they were dealt with.

I'll sleep much better tonight knowing that!

Thanks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

If this were a thread about Taliban waterboarding Christian missionaries and calling it a baptism  most people on this thread (me included) would be raging about the godless bastards torturing our people and mocking Christianity.

The fact that I am consistent in calling waterboarding "torture" and that drawing a line of equivalency between the practice of waterboarding and the Christian rite of baptism is offensive to me makes me one off the people on the thread that's consistent in my moral values.

My moral North is well fixed in place
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:43:17 am by Luis Gonzalez »

Online DCPatriot

You're right, Lando!  Sorry.

That said, IMO, Sarah's use of the word 'baptism' was intended as used.  The religious analogy was a dig at their cult-like, out-of-control  Islam.

It was perfect. 

She's not stupid.   Nobody else saying it could have garnered the media attention that she does.  And they deserve to be called out.

The MSM is being played....the more people hear her say she'd be Wyatt Earp while our country is being bullied and humiliated throughout the world...well, her popularity is enhanced.

I'm hoping that more and more voting Democrats can admit that this isn't what they signed up for.  Even if they're getting bennies....they still know that it was better when they worked 40 hours and could take their kids out for dinner once in awhile.