Author Topic: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments  (Read 19190 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2014, 12:32:30 am »
DC Patriot wrote above:
[[ IMO, it's a thread like this than sets us apart from TOS and other so-called right-wing forums and sites.  We can directly engage one another with differing views and for the most part maintain an engaging conversation. ]]

Don't want to throw to much in that is off-topic, but...

What sets TBR (and other sites) apart from TOS is the fact that TOS seems to be run as a "for profit" operation, and anyone who doesn't subscribe to "the refrain" over there is subject to getting tossed off, either by the moderators or by the owner himself...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #251 on: April 26, 2014, 12:34:38 am »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Answer one question honestly.
Under what circumstances would you prefer being a literal slave over a rhetorical one? ]]

Wait another 20-25 years Luis -- and if things keep going the way they're going NOW, you may have the answer to that question yourself.

Along with a lot of others...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #252 on: April 26, 2014, 01:57:13 am »

Bundy Ranch
Our little fighter "Brave" couldn't be brave anymore. He left us early this morning. We tried all night to help him and save him but he was to abused. The BLM and those contract cowboys should be ashamed. Those were not real cowboys, real cowboys know how to take care of cattle. Not kill them!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #253 on: April 26, 2014, 02:00:34 am »

Bundy Ranch
Our little fighter "Brave" couldn't be brave anymore. He left us early this morning. We tried all night to help him and save him but he was to abused. The BLM and those contract cowboys should be ashamed. Those were not real cowboys, real cowboys know how to take care of cattle. Not kill them!

Our Founding Fathers would be shooting by now.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2014, 02:52:51 am »
Luis wrote above:
[[ Answer one question honestly.
Under what circumstances would you prefer being a literal slave over a rhetorical one? ]]

Wait another 20-25 years Luis -- and if things keep going the way they're going NOW, you may have the answer to that question yourself.

Along with a lot of others...

I really don't think so, and yours is a non-answer.

I've tried to engage in an open and honest debate where I've explained and detailed my posts, and I've answered as many questions and challenges as I've seen come across the board, now both you and Howie66 respond with dodges.

I don't people being sold into slavery in another 20-25 years, to say so is just hyperbole.

I don't see us being chained and branded with irons in order to identify us as another person's property.

I don't see our women raped with impunity and our children ripped from our arms and sold .

That, and much more, is REAL slavery, the type of slavery that Bundy suggested the Negro may be better off being in.

Now, I ask you again...

Under what circumstances would you prefer being a literal slave over an allegorical one?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:53:35 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

SPQR

« Reply #256 on: April 26, 2014, 03:00:58 am »
Instead of having bodyguards speak for Mr Bundy, I think that he should hire a professional media team to "spin" his case. It looks he can afford one.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:02:39 am by SPQR »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2014, 03:09:21 am »
Our Founding Fathers would be shooting by now.

You're absolutely right.

George Washington personally led 13,000 militia into Western Pennsylvania to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. He remains today the only sitting American President ever to personally lead an Army into the field.

To keep things in perspective, those 13,000 militia that Washington led into Pennsylvania to put down the Whiskey Rebellion amounted to about 0.18% of the total population of the US.

Sending an equal percentage of the population of today's America to deal with Bundy and his supporters would have the Federal government sending over 565,000 troops into Nevada.

The Founders were willing to shoot anyone engaging in sedition on sight, and they weren't afraid to exercise the full power of the United States to do put down rebellions.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

SPQR

« Reply #258 on: April 26, 2014, 03:10:44 am »
You're absolutely right.

George Washington personally led 13,000 militia into Western Pennsylvania to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. He remains today the only sitting American President ever to personally lead an Army into the field.

To keep things in perspective, those 13,000 militia that Washington led into Pennsylvania to put down the Whiskey Rebellion amounted to about 0.18% of the total population of the US.

Sending an equal percentage of the population of today's America to deal with Bundy and his supporters would have the Federal government sending over 565,000 troops into Nevada.

The Founders were willing to shoot anyone engaging in sedition on sight, and they weren't afraid to exercise the full power of the United States to do put down rebellions.
:beer:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #259 on: April 26, 2014, 03:15:35 am »
Instead of having bodyguards speak for Mr Bundy, I think that he should hire a professional media team to "spin" his case. It looks he can afford one.

Well...a black guy applies for the job...gets hired...and to his surprise, is invited into the Bundy household where he is treated as one of their family.

Knowing him only a week.  Finally, he prides himself on being a good judge of character.

That "speaks" for itself, imo.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

SPQR

« Reply #260 on: April 26, 2014, 03:18:05 am »
Well...a black guy applies for the job...gets hired...and to his surprise, is invited into the Bundy household where he is treated as one of their family.

Knowing him only a week.  Finally, he prides himself on being a good judge of character.

That "speaks" for itself, imo.

I would of had a prepared statement for the crowd. The networks these days are scanning every word you say, especially anything that can be perceived as politically incorrect. I still support Mr. Bundy
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:24:03 am by SPQR »

Offline happyg

« Reply #261 on: April 26, 2014, 03:23:29 am »
Why then every Republican, including Rand Paul are running for the hills?

Not every republican is running for the hills. Only the ones who are politicians or those speaking at their audience for ratings. Besides, as a conservative, I came to my own opinions, regardless of what the majority tell me. I'm not blind, or deaf,  or stupid, and can come to my own opinions. What Bundy said was taken out of context. He's not a public speaker and got duped by the reporter, something that could happen to millions of Americans who are used to being in the public eye. I would probably trip over my tongue if ever required to do public speaking. It's normal.

SPQR

« Reply #262 on: April 26, 2014, 03:27:17 am »
Not every republican is running for the hills. Only the ones who are politicians or those speaking at their audience for ratings. Besides, as a conservative, I came to my own opinions, regardless of what the majority tell me. I'm not blind, or deaf,  or stupid, and can come to my own opinions. What Bundy said was taken out of context. He's not a public speaker and got duped by the reporter, something that could happen to millions of Americans who are used to being in the public eye. I would probably trip over my tongue if ever required to do public speaking. It's normal.

You make a good point, but you need to watch what you say because it may be take out of context. That is why I proposed either have a prepared speech or a professional media company handle this. I am sure Mr. Bundy can afford one or provided one by a big Washington conservative "think tanks" the Reason Foundation that are trained to take on these types of situations..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:35:07 am by SPQR »

Offline happyg

« Reply #263 on: April 26, 2014, 03:35:04 am »
You make a good point, but you need to watch what you say because it may be take out of context. That is why I proposed either have a prepared speech or a professional media company handle this. I am sure Mr. Bundy can afford one or provided one by a big Washington conservative "think tanks" the Reason Foundation.

Does that mean everyone should be prepared to hire a professional in case a microphone is slapped in front of us? That is all this amounts to. Bundy is just an ordinary man. He was made famous, not by his statements alone, but by the over-zealous media destroying a man for ratings or poll numbers. Around here, I might be taken out of context. So be it.

SPQR

« Reply #264 on: April 26, 2014, 03:35:57 am »
Does that mean everyone should be prepared to hire a professional in case a microphone is slapped in front of us? That is all this amounts to. Bundy is just an ordinary man. He was made famous, not by his statements alone, but by the over-zealous media destroying a man for ratings or poll numbers. Around here, I might be taken out of context. So be it.

No. Just be careful and watch what you have to say, that is all. There are eyes and ears(especially in a liberal media) waiting for you to mess up waiting for you to pounce.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:53:50 am by SPQR »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #265 on: April 26, 2014, 04:36:05 am »
An option when you are not confident in your remarks is to say "I have no comment at this time."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

SPQR

« Reply #266 on: April 26, 2014, 04:51:07 am »
An option when you are not confident in your remarks is to say "I have no comment at this time."
:beer:

A simple "No comment in time at this time" would have suffice instead of pouring gasoline into the fire. Excellent Point!!!!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:26:38 am by SPQR »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #267 on: April 26, 2014, 09:08:46 am »
No. Just be careful and watch what you have to say, that is all. There are eyes and ears(especially in a liberal media) waiting for you to mess up waiting for you to pounce.

Even a fish wouldn't get caught if it kept it's mouth shut.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline evadR

« Reply #268 on: April 26, 2014, 12:55:13 pm »
Obviously not!

I thought I was fairly capable in the use of the English language but perhaps not.
I understood you perfectly Bigun. It's young guy that I have trouble understanding.

This definitely requires interpretation for context
"So now we're. It only needing to explain what Bundy said, but we have nuance translation services for Bigun too?"

WTF??
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2014, 12:59:30 pm »
I need a drink.
Heh..more like pitchin' em high and catchin' em low.
But, a drink is also in order.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #270 on: April 26, 2014, 01:01:50 pm »
I understood you perfectly Bigun. It's young guy that I have trouble understanding.

This definitely requires interpretation for context
"So now we're. It only needing to explain what Bundy said, but we have nuance translation services for Bigun too?"

WTF??

I've learned that it's hard to type when you're drunk!

Not directed at anyone in particular but a simple statement of fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

« Reply #271 on: April 26, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »
I've learned that it's hard to type when you're drunk!

Not directed at anyone in particular but a simple statement of fact!
LOL...priceless!!
And it makes sense too.
And I didn't have any trouble understanding it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #272 on: April 26, 2014, 01:20:37 pm »
Even a fish wouldn't get caught if it kept it's mouth shut.
Can I use that one?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #273 on: April 26, 2014, 01:43:48 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=567836

Newsmax
Niger Innis: Cliven Bundy 'Clumsily' Stated an Important Point
Friday, April 25, 2014 06:16 PM

By: Joe Battaglia

After a lengthy conversation, embattled Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy finally understood the racist tone of his remarks and apologized privately, according to Niger Innis, the national spokesman for the Congress of Racial Equality.

Bundy brought nationwide attention and support for his battle with the federal government over grazing rights when he faced down armed agents from the Bureau of Land Management as they seized several hundred of his cattle.

Many of those who came to the support of the 67-year-old fled for cover when The New York Times quoted him as saying he was "wondering" if blacks are better off now than they were under slavery.

Innis, who is running for Congress in Nevada, told J.D. Hayworth on "America's Forum" on Newsmax TV that he spoke with Bundy for about an hour on Thursday and finally got him to realize the repugnant nature of his comments.

"We talked for about an hour, and it was a good give and take," Innis said. "At first, Cliven kind of stood his ground and said, 'I said what I said, and I stand by it.' I communicated to him, and this is when he really got it.

"I said, 'Cliven, the freedom of choice, the freedom to use our lands, the people of Nevada to use our land for economic development and so on and so forth against the federal government is, that freedom that you're fighting for, is the freedom that was denied to millions of African Americans. That was the greatest sin of slavery is that it denied millions of African Americans of their ability to pursue happiness.' When I said that it was almost like a light bulb went on, he apologized to me."

Innis said he does not believe Bundy to be inherently racist but said that he "clumsily" used a bad metaphor to try and make an important point.

"What would've been better is if Cliven had said, 'Look, there are a number of blacks and Latinos and poor whites now that are involved in a real slavery, which is the slavery of government dependence,'" Innis said. "I'm up here in Tonopah, which is part of my district, and I was just talking with a local businesswoman who pointed across the street and talked to me about low-income housing or free government-subsidized housing and how the people there do not work because they don't have to.

"They may not even know that they are slaves, but there is in fact a neoslavery that exists. When you take out individual initiative, individual responsibility, and the hope that every individual is born with, to better their lives, to climb the economic ladder, to pursue happiness, that is in fact a neoslavery."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #274 on: April 26, 2014, 02:03:33 pm »
"Cliven Bundy said he would continue holding a daily news conference."

I have been trying to be reserved in my comments about the Bundy story knowing that many of you see this as a clear case of justifiable defiance and would be down there on horseback gun in hand if you could. While others after first supporting his stance now see him as turning into a media whore and wish this story would go away  before we get hot and heavy into the election season, knowing how the Left will use misspoken words out of Bundy's mouth against us. 
I fall on the side that this needs to deescalate and fast. Not give up mind you, he can take his case to court and be tried by a jury of his peers, like it should have been handled. A land-use dispute story that never should have made the news outside of his county - like hundreds of others happening across the country at any given time. And this de-escalation should begin by him ending these daily news conferences, and telling the media to just go away I have nothing more to say.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn