Author Topic: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments  (Read 18970 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Bundy stands by his 'better off' as slaves comments
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2014, 02:12:33 pm »
What I think maybe should happen, upon reflection, is that it should be CONSERVATIVE leaders who question his words, and have him explain what he meant, if he indeed did not mean what he actually said he meant.

We should be leading the charge in having him clarify (I realize that this may seem like a change from my "shut up" way up thread, which I still think he should do when charged by the MSM), what seem to be bizarre and ignorant words.

If WE ask the questions (without being attacked by our peers), then perhaps a more satisfactory response and clarification will occur.

Then, if upon examination, he reveals real racism, we should not defend him.

I truly believe he was put on a pedestal very quickly by some in the conservative community, before there was ample 'vetting' as it were, of his motives and character.  He was chosen by some to represent the fight (we all agree with) against the government, and elevated to a point beyond which he deserved to be placed.

Excellent!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2014, 02:16:22 pm »
How did this subject even come up that gave Bundy the opportunity to say all this...my guess is and I am sure others agree as well that this was a major set up by Reid/NYT's...people that knew Bundy probably knew his views on this subject and when a nosy NYT's reporter comes to town and starts snooping around and starts asking all the locals about Bundy which he in turn asks Bundy...BINGO...he has a story.....and Bundy a poor local yokel who has no idea what hit him...

Also remember Reid's quote from just ten days ago when the Feds moved off...*Harry Reid: ‘It’s NOT Over’*
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 02:18:33 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:01 pm »
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/24/reid-once-under-fire-for-saying-negro-condemns-rancher-for-comments/

Reid — once under fire for saying ‘negro’ — condemns rancher for comments
Posted By Alex Pappas On 4:44 PM 04/24/2014 In | No Comments

Democratic Senate majority leader Harry Reid on Thursday strongly condemned Cliven Bundy, a constituent and rancher in Nevada, for his widely-reported offensive comments about African-Americans.

“Today, Bundy revealed himself to be a hateful racist,” Reid said in a statement provided by his office.

The New York Times reported on a recent rant by Bundy, who mused about what he referred to as “the Negro.” He has been in the news recently over his clash with the Bureau of Land Management over grazing fees.

Discussing a public-housing project in Nevada, Bundy said of black people: “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

A number of politicians, including Reid, criticized Bundy for his comments.

“To advance his extreme, hateful views, Bundy has endangered the lives of innocent women and children,” the Nevada senator said.

Reid has found himself in a media firestorm over racial comments before. In 2010, the book “Game Change” reported that Reid had praised President Obama, before he was elected, as someone who is “light skinned” and has “no Negro dialect.”

Following an uproar over those comments, Reid apologized.

“I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words,” Reid said then. “I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments.”
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2014, 02:23:09 pm »
How did this subject even come up that gave Bundy the opportunity to say all this...my guess is and I am sure others agree as well that this was a major set up by Reid/NYT's...people that knew Bundy probably knew his views on this subject and when a nosy NYT's reporter comes to town and starts snooping around and starts asking all the locals about Bundy which he in turn asks Bundy...BINGO...he has a story.....and Bundy a poor local yokel who has no idea what hit him...

Also remember Reid's quote from just ten days ago when the Feds moved off...*Harry Reid: ‘It’s NOT Over’*

Spot on my dear!

I have NO doubt that you are EXACTLY right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »
If this is what is going to occupy everyone's conversation again today, then I am checking out until the froth diminishes.  If it were not for websites like this one who insist on beating a dead horse, this moron would get no attention at all.

See you all later when you have something to do besides beat one another around the face and neck.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2014, 02:24:04 pm »
Actually....no he shouldn't.   Let him explain himself.

That is, unless we want to once again as Conservatives....tuck our tails and run like hell.

I think that Bundy explained his ideas well. He wonders whether the "Negro" was better off as slaves than in their current condition. He bases his opinion on the Negroes he witnessed sitting on porches somewhere in Nevada at one time or another when he traveled outside the immediate vicinity of his cattle. He observed that slavehood provided the Negro with skill sets (picking cotton, if I recall his remarks correctly) and more stable family unit.

That of course fails to account for all the other Negroes in the United States who have, since the end of the War of Northern Aggression and the Fall of the House of O'Hara, managed to make some headway in our society, like Oprah, the POTUS and Nick Fury (I'm a little conflicted on Fury... I have CLEAR memories of him as a white guy). I am certain that Oprah would object to the idea that she would be better off as a slave than she is as a billionaire.

Bundy also seems to have some distinctly liberal (or libertarian) ideas on illegal immigration.

All kidding aside, his ideas on the subject are offensive. He is entitled to them, but likewise I am entitled to distance myself in any way possible from him, and from his ideas, lest I want to be colored by the same brush he's being painted with.

One last thing...

Bundy basing his opinion on the Negro on what he saw where he went, would have me (if I lacked intelligence to the same degree that Bundy lacks it) base my opinion on whether or not Americans would be better off as serfs to the British Crown on what I saw in my travels through the deepest recesses of West Virginia.

That would be deeply, deeply injurious to the rest of us whose family trees do not resemble the cue stick you were using last night.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2014, 02:24:59 pm »
What I think maybe should happen, upon reflection, is that it should be CONSERVATIVE leaders who question his words, and have him explain what he meant, if he indeed did not mean what he actually said he meant.

We should be leading the charge in having him clarify (I realize that this may seem like a change from my "shut up" way up thread, which I still think he should do when charged by the MSM), what seem to be bizarre and ignorant words.

If WE ask the questions (without being attacked by our peers), then perhaps a more satisfactory response and clarification will occur.

Then, if upon examination, he reveals real racism, we should not defend him.

I truly believe he was put on a pedestal very quickly by some in the conservative community, before there was ample 'vetting' as it were, of his motives and character.  He was chosen by some to represent the fight (we all agree with) against the government, and elevated to a point beyond which he deserved to be placed.

An excellent suggestion! I hope it is heard and acted upon!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2014, 02:26:50 pm »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2014, 02:26:53 pm »
I have taken a breather for the past few weeks. I'm still not smoking and I have also FIRED Government Motors (sold my Chevy Silverado after the second door handle fell off while opening the door) and bought a nice shiny Ford Taurus Limited!

WOO HOO!

The BLM does NOT want to come to TEXAS with their cheap civilian sh*t, is all that I will say on this matter.

MOLON LABE.

Congratulations on the non-smoking!  We used to be Chevy people too - still drive our old Tahoe - but we'll never buy another GM product. 

I like your Texas attitude, I think the BLM issue has - unfortunately - been hijacked by "racism", exactly according to plan!  It's good to see you back, we all have to take a breather sometimes.  Best of luck to you! 
 :patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2014, 02:29:31 pm »
If this is what is going to occupy everyone's conversation again today, then I am checking out until the froth diminishes.  If it were not for websites like this one who insist on beating a dead horse, this moron would get no attention at all.

See you all later when you have something to do besides beat one another around the face and neck.

I know this story seems to have monopolized the whole forum but I have spent the whole morning posting news and articles in all the categories....
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2014, 02:30:39 pm »

Would you please be kind enough to point out an instance of anyone beating anyone about the face and neck? I've been on this thread for a while now and all I have encountered is a very respectful discourse among friends who have differing opinions about something!

And BTW, it has produced some very useful results IMHO!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2014, 02:31:17 pm »
The unfortunate words were Bundy's.

In many cases, perhaps most, I agree.  But not this one.

He stepped in it.  No one made him do it.  The propaganda arm of the Regime just ran with it.

So the selective editing was done by Mr. Bundy? Really?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2014, 02:32:56 pm »
Negative, that.

This is a distraction that was manufactured by the propaganda arm of the Obama Regime.

A certain Senate Majority was having his ass kicked in the press because of his son, the Chinese and whoever else was in on the thing.  Next thing ya know this tape seems to come out of nowhere like a BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2014, 02:33:45 pm »

I'm with you, brother. The distraction from the real issue is getting very stale.
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:32 pm »
A certain Senate Majority was having his ass kicked in the press because of his son, the Chinese and whoever else was in on the thing.  Next thing ya know this tape seems to come out of nowhere like a BRIGHT SHINY OBJECT!

Funny how this crap seems to always happen, eh?

Offline Howie66

« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »
Congratulations on the non-smoking!  We used to be Chevy people too - still drive our old Tahoe - but we'll never buy another GM product. 

I like your Texas attitude, I think the BLM issue has - unfortunately - been hijacked by "racism", exactly according to plan!  It's good to see you back, we all have to take a breather sometimes.  Best of luck to you! 
 :patriot:

Thanks! Monday will be 6 weeks since I quit!

Harry Reid needed a distraction and he got it. Anybody that can't see that is just plain blind.

My family almost had a collective coronary when I made the decision to sell the Silverado and buy a Ford! It was funny as hell!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2014, 02:44:21 pm »

The Reid/Chinese story was fully debunked by none other than the Breitbart news site.

There is NO Chinese/Reid connection.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2014, 02:44:33 pm »

Hmmmmm...............no 'froth' here.

Just finishing up a very healthy, necessary, intelligent, well thought out discussion (from both sides, for the most part, IMO).

Sorry you have problems with such things.......

On with my day and other important things.  :seeya:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »
The Reid/Chinese story was fully debunked by none other than the Breitbart news site.

There is NO Chinese/Reid connection.

Yes, correct but it made up a lot of speculation on prior while the Bundy Affair was going on.
The slavery angle can be broken into at least 3 parts though:

1.  Is the Federal plantation better than the pre Civil War?
2.  Is it better off to be born black in America or aborted before given a chance?
3.  Why do these stories seem to come up so serendipitously?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2014, 03:04:06 pm »
Yes, correct but it made up a lot of speculation on prior while the Bundy Affair was going on.
The slavery angle can be broken into at least 3 parts though:

1.  Is the Federal plantation better than the pre Civil War?
2.  Is it better off to be born black in America or aborted before given a chance?
3.  Why do these stories seem to come up so serendipitously?

I rate set-up myself, which is the only reason I still pay attention to what would otherwise be a none story. Convenient how the racism bit came up and completely distracted the media (and even us) from the huge Federal over-reaction.

Someone ain't paid their bills, you send a Sheriffs Deputy out to serve papers. You don't send a damned army.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2014, 03:12:57 pm »

After attempting to crash the thread and call for its demise, today, you're crashing it again to tell us you're not going to participate.

I see............ :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2014, 03:20:45 pm »
I think that Bundy explained his ideas well. He wonders whether the "Negro" was better off as slaves than in their current condition. He bases his opinion on the Negroes he witnessed sitting on porches somewhere in Nevada at one time or another when he traveled outside the immediate vicinity of his cattle. He observed that slavehood provided the Negro with skill sets (picking cotton, if I recall his remarks correctly) and more stable family unit.

That of course fails to account for all the other Negroes in the United States who have, since the end of the War of Northern Aggression and the Fall of the House of O'Hara, managed to make some headway in our society, like Oprah, the POTUS and Nick Fury (I'm a little conflicted on Fury... I have CLEAR memories of him as a white guy). I am certain that Oprah would object to the idea that she would be better off as a slave than she is as a billionaire.

Bundy also seems to have some distinctly liberal (or libertarian) ideas on illegal immigration.

All kidding aside, his ideas on the subject are offensive. He is entitled to them, but likewise I am entitled to distance myself in any way possible from him, and from his ideas, lest I want to be colored by the same brush he's being painted with.

One last thing...

Bundy basing his opinion on the Negro on what he saw where he went, would have me (if I lacked intelligence to the same degree that Bundy lacks it) base my opinion on whether or not Americans would be better off as serfs to the British Crown on what I saw in my travels through the deepest recesses of West Virginia.

That would be deeply, deeply injurious to the rest of us whose family trees do not resemble the cue stick you were using last night.

All fair point, Luis.  Thanks.

I just thought that in an one-on-one interview....say, with Greta VanSustern, that he'd be able to further explain his POV.

At least, she'd not cut him or selectively edit the piece.

Like I said, this may be the conduit we've all been seeking in which to bring the African-American's current plight into the 24/7 news cycle.  Let's get people talking about the Democrats' failure in dealing with the topic of race.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2014, 03:24:13 pm »
Would you please be kind enough to point out an instance of anyone beating anyone about the face and neck? I've been on this thread for a while now and all I have encountered is a very respectful discourse among friends who have differing opinions about something!

And BTW, it has produced some very useful results IMHO!

It certainly has, Bigun!

And look who's come out of lurk mode to join in.....'faces' we haven't heard from in a dog's age.

IMO, it's a thread like this than sets us apart from TOS and other so-called right-wing forums and sites.  We can directly engage one another with differing views and for the most part maintain an engaging conversation.

Love this place!   :beer:

« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:29 pm »
Isn't it also a convenient this came out so near as the USSC ruling on Michigan affirmative action?  It seemed like such a simple thing, like Stephanapoulos's comment about birth control out of the blue during the Republican debate.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2014, 03:36:57 pm »
Isn't it also a convenient this came out so near as the USSC ruling on Michigan affirmative action?  It seemed like such a simple thing, like Stephanapoulos's comment about birth control out of the blue during the Republican debate.

If we didn't know any better, we'd think they were trying to create a racial war.  [/s]

...tis going to be a Long Hot Summer.