Author Topic: A police officer was murdered and the democrat mayor attends the funeral of the criminal instead of the officer.  (Read 312 times)

Offline happyg

By Susy Raybon

One-thousand “brothers in blue” came to pay their respects this afternoon to Officer Alexander Thalmann, 22, killed in the line of duty in New Bern, N.C., last week.

Thalmann’s partner, Officer Justin Wester, 23, is recovering from a gunshot wound to his leg from the shootout that left convicted felon, Bryan Stallings, 35, dead.

The incident happened March 28, in the housing projects known as Craven Terrace.

The town’s grief was made even more painful by the local administration’s handling of events following the young officer’s death.

For unknown reasons, newly elected, Mayor Oceander Outlaw chose to attend Thursday’s funeral of the careercareer criminal.

Adding insult to injury, last night’s planned memorial for local citizens to say “goodbye” to Alexander Thalmann was cancelled by the mayor’s office.

It was alleged that two of the city’s aldermen had invited relatives of the killer to attend the vigil. Rather than rescind the invitation, the city chose to cancel the event.

Officer Thalmann’s death seems to have had a greater impact on the mourning residents of New Bern than the mayor.

On the day his officer died from being shot in the face, Mayor Outlaw posted this on his Facebook page:

First I’m sure I share with you the enjoyment that perhaps old man winter is gone and we are about to embark on the beautiful weather New Bern is known for. I know the fishermen, boaters, water sport lovers are looking forward to a beautiful spring and summer, I know I am.

Almost as an afterthought, he wrote:

With heavy heart I hope all of society joins me in praying for the family of another hero who lost his life, 22 year old Alexander Thalmann.

Alexander Thalmann was also a Lance Corporal in the Marine Reserves with a Combat Logistic Battalion in Raleigh. He has had two overseas deployments to Afghanistan.

Obituary here.

Examiner’s Note: Local attorney Steve Long held a memorial ceremony at his office in New Bern tonight at 8 p.m., filling the void left by the mayor’s administration.

Readers, I encourage you to share this story. The administration of New Bern needs to know the ears of the world heard the disrespect for this Hero “loud and clear.”

The National Military Examiner publishes military-related content on this site and more here on Facebook.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mourning-for-new-bern-police-officer-marred-by-controversy

Online mountaineer

The mayor reminds me of BO after the first Ft. Hood shooting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org