General Category > Politics/Government

The Filthy Four! Democrats Who Have Been Arrested Or Raided By The FBI This Week!

<< < (3/3)

Oceander:

--- Quote from: EC on March 30, 2014, 04:48:36 pm ---Notice they are all pretty small fish in the Democrat pond?

It's a tactic with some risk to it. Most FBI guys are honest and conscientious about doing their jobs, though it's fun to complain about them. They might take this as permission to slip the leash and go for the bigger fish. Pelosi's total corruption in favoring her husband. Reid's kickbacks and property deals. Jay Carney's expense accounts. The list goes on and on.

--- End quote ---

I hate to be too cynical, but fewer and fewer FBI agents are honest and conscientious.  The old guard are slowly being replaced by new agents who have been schooled in the binary, wholly subjective, post 9/11 world, in which it has become acceptable to use "any means possible" to destroy those whom one - subjectively - believes is a threat to what one believes in.

EC:
In a way. I'd say the old guard are being replaced at the higher levels, certainly. Most of the rank and file seem to still be proud of their jobs and do it to the best of their ability.

It's like the gutting of the military we have been talking about on and off - or the recent threads on Secret Service corruption. Most of the ranks are honest and proud of their job. Take the oath seriously and the traditions of their respective services even more seriously. I say most, because there are always a few bad seeds slip through. Also not going to say hard working because gold-bricking is an art form with most of them!  :laugh:

So - how do you corrupt them? You turn the officers. Any blindly hierarchical system has that problem.

Atomic Cow:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on March 30, 2014, 01:47:11 am ---You are right..the Dems are cleaning house before the elections....
--- End quote ---

So it will all be "old news" by October, when the FBI will arrest dozens if not hundreds of Republicans so the Democrats and media can chant "culture of corruption" until election day.

Oceander:

--- Quote from: EC on March 30, 2014, 05:13:52 pm ---In a way. I'd say the old guard are being replaced at the higher levels, certainly. Most of the rank and file seem to still be proud of their jobs and do it to the best of their ability.

It's like the gutting of the military we have been talking about on and off - or the recent threads on Secret Service corruption. Most of the ranks are honest and proud of their job. Take the oath seriously and the traditions of their respective services even more seriously. I say most, because there are always a few bad seeds slip through. Also not going to say hard working because gold-bricking is an art form with most of them!  :laugh:

So - how do you corrupt them? You turn the officers. Any blindly hierarchical system has that problem.

--- End quote ---

I respectfully disagree about the rank and file.  The people at the top engage in the most noteworthy abuse of office, but the routine abuse of office, the abuse that does unnecessary, unwise, unjustified damage to the lives of millions of people - especially to minorities - is carried on by the rank and file.  They may subjectively feel good about what they're doing, but by any objective measure what they do is disgusting.

EC:

--- Quote from: Oceander on March 30, 2014, 06:25:54 pm ---I respectfully disagree about the rank and file.  The people at the top engage in the most noteworthy abuse of office, but the routine abuse of office, the abuse that does unnecessary, unwise, unjustified damage to the lives of millions of people - especially to minorities - is carried on by the rank and file.  They may subjectively feel good about what they're doing, but by any objective measure what they do is disgusting.

--- End quote ---

Fair enough, you know full well I respect your opinion. You see the worst of them - and I wouldn't trade you jobs for all the uranium in Africa! But a small note - they are not cops. They can be arrogant pups. They do usually learn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version