General Category > Politics/Government

Poll: Sarah Palin tops list of women Americans want to run for president By Paul Bedard

(1/5) > >>

mystery-ak:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/poll-sarah-palin-tops-list-of-women-americans-want-to-run-for-president/article/2546376

Poll: Sarah Palin tops list of women Americans want to run for president
By Paul Bedard | MARCH 27, 2014 AT 9:56 AM

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the darling of the Tea Party movement, tops a new list of women other than Hillary Clinton who Americans want to run for president.

A series of Economist/YouGov polls, wrapped up in an article released this week, found overwhelming support for women candidates and a woman president, and has Palin on top of eight women most often mentioned by voters as their top choice to run.

Because Clinton is the runaway favorite potential woman candidate in a number of polls, the Economist/YouGov poll asked this question: “Other than Hillary Clinton, is their any other woman you would want to run for president either in 2016 or 2020?”

Some 49 women were named, and only eight received a total vote of 1 percent or more of the nearly 1,000 Americans polled. Palin won with 8 percent, followed by Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren and former George W. Bush Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice at 8 percent each. First lady Michelle Obama was named by 1 percent.

It is unclear if Palin is considering a bid, though her supporters want her to run. She has remained active in GOP and Tea Party politics and on TV. As a result, only 8 percent in the poll said they were not familiar enough with Palin to form an opinion on her.

Other findings:

– 65 percent say the country is ready for a woman president.

– 54 percent think most people would vote for a woman candidate for president.

– 61 percent would have confidence in a female president’s ability to deal with an international crisis.

Gazoo:
Palin won because of name recognition.

If the GOP had brains and wants to win they need to get a woman out there early and KNOWN, even if it is just to be a VP.

aligncare:
History Repeats Itself, part deux.

So now HISTORY and social justice demand we have a woman president next? Will the physically challenged be far behind?  – I guess being black and mentally challenged Obama covered a couple bases.

aligncare:
History Repeats Itself, part deux.

So now HISTORY and social justice demand we have a woman president next? Will the physically challenged be far behind?  – I guess being black and morally challenged Obama covered a couple bases.

massadvj:
Clearly, Sarah Palin's personal marketing campaign is working.  She's made a career of enticing her fans with the proposition that she might one day actually run for president.  I never thought a poker player could succeed over the long term by bluffing every hand, but Sarah Palin has shown me to be wrong.  Sarah is smart enough to know that there is a name for people like her who actually do run for POTUS: Michelle Bachmann.

Not that I blame her, mind you.  More power to her, I say.  I think I'm on safe ground when I say it won't be presidential power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version