Author Topic: Democrats have votes to release CIA report  (Read 380 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Democrats have votes to release CIA report
« on: March 24, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »

By BURGESS EVERETT | 3/23/14 5:17 PM EDT Updated: 3/24/14 6:20 AM EDT
The Senate Intelligence Committee is poised to send a long-awaited report on the CIA’s interrogation practices to President Barack Obama’s desk for his approval — or redaction.

Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) says she has the votes on the narrowly divided panel to publicly reveal the executive summary and key conclusions of a 6,300-page report on Bush-era interrogation tactics, a move sure to fuel the Senate’s intense dispute with the CIA over how the panel pieced together the study. That vote is likely to happen sometime this week.

But rather than a strong bipartisan signal from Congress, a vote to unveil the study appears set to divide along party lines because of that dispute.

All of the committee’s Democrats, except Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, said in interviews or through aides that they will bless the public release of the document. Warner has not publicly indicated how he will vote, but he supported approving the final classified report on the same subject in December 2012. The committee has been bickering with the CIA ever since over the report’s accuracy, as well as Feinstein’s insistence that the study’s key findings be released publicly.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/cia-report-dianne-feinstein-104928.html#ixzz2wtA5JsZ7

When I saw this article I thought they were going to hammer Obama a bit because THEY were being spied on. Instead, they twist and blame Bush.

I recall documentation that clearly stated they interrogation practices prevented serious acts of terrorism.

Obama should be in an impeachment trial but they are doing this? Seriously?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?