Author Topic: Scott Brown to the rescue (again)? Former Massachusetts senator to announce New Hampshire run, hopes to return in November Republican landslide  (Read 11398 times)

Offline sinkspur

They'd rather have a liberal Democrat than a conservative Republican any day.

Even YOU don't believe that. If you do believe it, you're delusional.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Rapunzel

The conservatives sat home in 2006 and 2012 so they could bitch and bellyache for the next two or four years.

The reason the Tea Party challengers this cycle are doing so poorly is that the other 75% of the Republican Party that is not Tea Party are tired of losing elections deferring to Sarah Palin's judgment.

Figures you would throw in Sarah Palin if it isn't Cruz that you obsess on it's Palin...... not to mention MORE Palin candidates won in 2010 and 2012 than Karl Rove candidates so your post makes no sense other than to fuel your obsession.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:37:34 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Figures you would throw in Sarah Palin if it isn't Cruz that you obsess on it's Palin...... not to mention MORE Palin candidates won in 2010 and 2012 than Karl Rove candidates so your post makes no sense other than to fuel your obsession.

THIS election cycle, not a single challenger to a GOP incumbent that she has endorsed will win. 

Offline Rapunzel

THIS election cycle, not a single challenger to a GOP incumbent that she has endorsed will win.

Right...... says the guy who swore Cruz could NEVER defeat Dewhurst....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Right...... says the guy who swore Cruz could NEVER defeat Dewhurst....

I never said that. 

However, just check the polls.  No incumbent is losing to a Tea Party challenger and most of those challengers are losing badly.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:45:33 pm by sinkspur »

Offline Rapunzel

I never said that. 

OMG Sink you were relentless in saying it..........   and kept throwing in it was because Perry endorsed Dewhurst... which goes back to my post last night ......... NO ONE should endorse anyone in a primary....

Offline happyg

I never said that. 

However, just check the polls.  No incumbent is losing to a Tea Party challenger and most of those challengers are losing badly.

Up and down the ballot, Tea Party conservatives in the Lone Star State had a strong showing in Tuesday’s Republican Primary and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz proved that his support means life or death in the GOP.

Not a single Tea Party-favored incumbent being challenged by the Republican establishment lost in Tuesday’s election. Meanwhile, one liberal Republican senator and three incumbent House members fell to tea party-backed challenges. The attempt by trial lawyers to play in the GOP primary and take out three conservative Supreme Court justices failed miserably.

Perhaps no one had a better night in Texas than Cruz, who had endorsed the three justices. Similarly, his endorsement of Fort Worth Tea Party activist-turned-senatorial candidate Konni Burton helped propel her into a run-off election.

Even his supportive words seemed to have a big effect. In statewide races, Ken Paxton and Wayne Christian — running for Attorney General and Railroad Commissioner, respectively — made extensive use of Cruz’s name, comments of support, and friendship.

The same went for Cruz’s support in two big state senate races. Incumbent State Sen. Donna Campbell of New Braunfels beat back challenges from two establishment-backed challengers. In Dallas, Don Huffines defeated a long-serving state senator who had been named the most liberal member of the GOP caucus in the chamber.

National media outlets have been stumbling over themselves in misreporting Texas’ Republican election results.

A New York Times article was dubiously headlined “Texas G.O.P. Beats Back Challengers from Right.” Unfortunately for their narrative, the right was generally ascendant — again — in the 2014 primary.  Even the right-leaning National Review Online fell into the trap Tuesday night, writing that “Tea-Party Challengers Come Up Short in Texas.”

Both publications wrongly hang their narrative on Sen. John Cornyn’s easy re-election victory, inexplicably painting challenger Steve Stockman as a “Tea Party” candidate despite the fact Tea Party leaders from around the state denounced his candidacy. The national media is conveniently ignoring every other race on the ballot — most of which attracted more attention in-state than Cornyn’s bid.

More Republicans voted in the gubernatorial (1.33 million votes cast) and lieutenant governor (1.32 million) races than in the senatorial contest (1.31 million).

Incumbent Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who has held statewide office since 1998, ended Tuesday night’s primary with 72.6 percent of GOP voters casting ballots against him. Leading the Lt. Governor's race with 43 percent of the vote was conservative State Sen. Dan Patrick of Houston, generally perceived as the most vocal Tea Party candidate on the statewide ballot.

In every statewide race heading to a run-off, the conservative candidate closest to Tea Party and grassroots activists leads the field.

For example, Paxton commands an 11-point lead going into a run-off for Attorney General with State Rep. Dan Branch. Paxton, a Tea Party favorite, was out-spent by the liberal-leaning Branch who drew dollars from the Bush-Rove political machine.

Conservative challengers claimed three House seats from establishment incumbents with close ties to liberal-leaning House Speaker Joe Straus.

Establishment forces were only able to manage challenges to three Tea Party incumbents: Charles Perry of Lubbock, Jonathan Stickland of Bedford and Matt Schaefer of Tyler. All three of them won solidly. They each enjoyed explicit support from Cruz.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/03/5/Tea-Party-Cruzing-Strong-in-Texas

Offline Rapunzel

Up and down the ballot, Tea Party conservatives in the Lone Star State had a strong showing in Tuesday’s Republican Primary and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz proved that his support means life or death in the GOP.

Not a single Tea Party-favored incumbent being challenged by the Republican establishment lost in Tuesday’s election. Meanwhile, one liberal Republican senator and three incumbent House members fell to tea party-backed challenges. The attempt by trial lawyers to play in the GOP primary and take out three conservative Supreme Court justices failed miserably.

Perhaps no one had a better night in Texas than Cruz, who had endorsed the three justices. Similarly, his endorsement of Fort Worth Tea Party activist-turned-senatorial candidate Konni Burton helped propel her into a run-off election.

Even his supportive words seemed to have a big effect. In statewide races, Ken Paxton and Wayne Christian — running for Attorney General and Railroad Commissioner, respectively — made extensive use of Cruz’s name, comments of support, and friendship.

The same went for Cruz’s support in two big state senate races. Incumbent State Sen. Donna Campbell of New Braunfels beat back challenges from two establishment-backed challengers. In Dallas, Don Huffines defeated a long-serving state senator who had been named the most liberal member of the GOP caucus in the chamber.

National media outlets have been stumbling over themselves in misreporting Texas’ Republican election results.

A New York Times article was dubiously headlined “Texas G.O.P. Beats Back Challengers from Right.” Unfortunately for their narrative, the right was generally ascendant — again — in the 2014 primary.  Even the right-leaning National Review Online fell into the trap Tuesday night, writing that “Tea-Party Challengers Come Up Short in Texas.”

Both publications wrongly hang their narrative on Sen. John Cornyn’s easy re-election victory, inexplicably painting challenger Steve Stockman as a “Tea Party” candidate despite the fact Tea Party leaders from around the state denounced his candidacy. The national media is conveniently ignoring every other race on the ballot — most of which attracted more attention in-state than Cornyn’s bid.

More Republicans voted in the gubernatorial (1.33 million votes cast) and lieutenant governor (1.32 million) races than in the senatorial contest (1.31 million).

Incumbent Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who has held statewide office since 1998, ended Tuesday night’s primary with 72.6 percent of GOP voters casting ballots against him. Leading the Lt. Governor's race with 43 percent of the vote was conservative State Sen. Dan Patrick of Houston, generally perceived as the most vocal Tea Party candidate on the statewide ballot.

In every statewide race heading to a run-off, the conservative candidate closest to Tea Party and grassroots activists leads the field.

For example, Paxton commands an 11-point lead going into a run-off for Attorney General with State Rep. Dan Branch. Paxton, a Tea Party favorite, was out-spent by the liberal-leaning Branch who drew dollars from the Bush-Rove political machine.

Conservative challengers claimed three House seats from establishment incumbents with close ties to liberal-leaning House Speaker Joe Straus.

Establishment forces were only able to manage challenges to three Tea Party incumbents: Charles Perry of Lubbock, Jonathan Stickland of Bedford and Matt Schaefer of Tyler. All three of them won solidly. They each enjoyed explicit support from Cruz.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/03/5/Tea-Party-Cruzing-Strong-in-Texas

goopo goopo goopo

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Would not have lost it if they had not spent like drunken sailors. What proof do we have over the last 8 years they would do any different......
I believe the loss in 2006 was due to the Iraq war more than any other factors. Bush did the GOP no favors in his conduct of the wars, or confidence with the economy.

In midterms, the electorate got to express the nend of the line for the GOP in general. In 2008 they finished the cleanup begun in 2006.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rapunzel

I believe the loss in 2006 was due to the Iraq war more than any other factors. Bush did the GOP no favors in his conduct of the wars, or confidence with the economy.

In midterms, the electorate got to express the nend of the line for the GOP in general. In 2008 they finished the cleanup begun in 2006.

2006 was about the fact Republicans started acting like Democrats instead of Republicans.  They jettisoned the "Contract with America" - which brought them to power in 1994 -  and passed things like the Patriot Act, pork-laden bills like the bridge to nowhere which has over 6,000 pet projects and earmarks in the bill (Reagan once vetoed a highway bill because it"only" had 152 earmarks loaded in it), then they pushed things like No Child Left Behind, pushed amnesty - only backing down when it was clear the voters were in total rebellion......became embroiled in corruption and, in general, started to look more like Democrats so the people decided to go with the real thing and kicked the GOP out of both houses that November.  They would still be in the wilderness were it not for the Tea Party some here love to hate.... and yes, the people were upset about Iraq, but were it not for the aforementioned the party would have weathered Iraq that November. 

The Senate never learned it's lesson and continues to act more like the so-called opposition party and Congress - Boehner and Cantor and McCarthy in particular have totally forgot the people who brought them back to power and why Boehner is now the Speaker instead of Pelosi.  What has always fascinated me is Boehner (and Lindsay Graham who was in congress at the time) was behind the coup against Newt in the House way back when Newt was speaker...   he has never understood what the Contract was about.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 12:12:41 am by Rapunzel »

Offline speekinout

Can't do that when you're making so much sense.  I'm enjoying your post.  Keep doing it. :beer:

Thank you. I do so like meeting a kindred spirit every so often.  :seeya:

Offline sinkspur

2006 was about the fact Republicans started acting like Democrats instead of Republicans.  They jettisoned the "Contract with America" - which brought them to power in 1994 -  and passed things like the Patriot Act, pork-laden bills like the bridge to nowhere which has over 6,000 pet projects and earmarks in the bill (Reagan once vetoed a highway bill because it"only" had 152 earmarks loaded in it), then they pushed things like No Child Left Behind, pushed amnesty - only backing down when it was clear the voters were in total rebellion......became embroiled in corruption and, in general, started to look more like Democrats so the people decided to go with the real thing and kicked the GOP out of both houses that November.  They would still be in the wilderness were it not for the Tea Party some here love to hate.... and yes, the people were upset about Iraq, but were it not for the aforementioned the party would have weathered Iraq that November. 

The Senate never learned it's lesson and continues to act more like the so-called opposition party and Congress - Boehner and Cantor and McCarthy in particular have totally forgot the people who brought them back to power and why Boehner is now the Speaker instead of Pelosi.  What has always fascinated me is Boehner (and Lindsay Graham who was in congress at the time) was behind the coup against Newt in the House way back when Newt was speaker...   he has never understood what the Contract was about.

OMG, you're against the Patriot Act? 

Name one human being who was negatively impacted due to the Patriot Act? 

And the Contract with America was an election-year gimmick.  Even Newt didn't make an effort to pass all the provisions of the Contract; he was too busy porking Callista.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
They're unconstitutional for Congressional offices. 

Elections are the means for term limits.  You want a government solution to something you and your cohorts can't do through persuasion and campaigns.

You agree with what I posted.

You get a Gold Star!  blij26
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Howie66

You clearly didn't understand his post.

I don't get it. I typed it real s l o w.  :whistle:
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Offline Rapunzel

OMG, you're against the Patriot Act? 

Name one human being who was negatively impacted due to the Patriot Act? 

And the Contract with America was an election-year gimmick.  Even Newt didn't make an effort to pass all the provisions of the Contract; he was too busy porking Callista.

You are totally incapable of not being crude.....  The contract was much more than an "election year gimic" why does it not surprise me you don't know that.  Sixty-five percent of the items voted on in the Contract With America not only been passed in congress, but was passed by the U.S. Senate and signed into law by the Democrat President of the United States.  Yet, you call this a gimic.......

As to the Patriot Act - I am not in favor of spying on American Citizens.   

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Some conservatives are getting wood because incumbent tea partiers did not get defeated.  The GOPe didn't threaten them with defeat.  They are controllable.  They just get the crappy committee assignments and inaccessible offices.  Wait until Senators Cruz, Lee, and Jeff Sessions are up for re-election.

For over a year FreedomWorks, Senate Conservative Fund, Club for Growth and other scams have been collecting millions in donation with the promise of primarying Cornyn and the rest of the GOPe leadership.

They spent nothing on recruiting or even financing a challenger to Cornyn.  Stockman claimed to be the tea party candidate.  Cornyn beat him by 50 points
NRCC Chairman Sessions's tea party challenger Katrina Pierson who did get support from some of the right fringe groups also got squashed by 28 points.

"That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger" doesn't work in politics. Every time you lose an election you are weakened.

Offline Rapunzel

Some conservatives are getting wood because

Sheesh are you and sink in a contest to see who can make the crudest post of the day.

Offline Howie66

You are totally incapable of not being crude.....  The contract was much more than an "election year gimic" why does it not surprise me you don't know that.  Sixty-five percent of the items voted on in the Contract With America not only been passed in congress, but was passed by the U.S. Senate and signed into law by the Democrat President of the United States.  Yet, you call this a gimic.......

As to the Patriot Act - I am not in favor of spying on American Citizens.

Newt did follow through on his commitment with the Contract With America. All the items were brought before both houses of Congress for a vote. That all did not pass in both houses was not his fault or promise. But, it cannot be said that he did not follow through on his campaign promises.

The "Patriot Act" was a POS from the very beginning and I also was strident in my opposition to this worthless assault on our Constitution. The ONLY reason why it passed was because "W" caved to pressure placed on him by the RATs in Congress as well as the Media Maggots that wanted it to pass, so they could hammer him with it. Anybody who was paying any attention at all could see that coming.

Offline katzenjammer

First of all to repeat - I wasn't drunk when I posted what you quoted  :silly: :silly:

IT seems the moderates don't want term limits by election - all they want is power.  They don't care about government spending or big government as long as their 401K remains healthy and it seems they don't really give a fig about the constitution, either...  they are in the crowd who are going on "case law" vs the constitution - which has infected SCOTUS, too... IMHO..

Actually I would LOVE for the "moderates" who delight in mocking us conservatives, calling us names, marginalizing us, etc., to tell us exactly WHAT they do stand for other than they hate conservatives and will move heaven and earth to stop anyone from challenging a sitting GOPe senator no matter how bad a senator that may be,

Oh, I was certain that you must have been typing on a phone or tablet, I could tell by the dialect!  lol

I just object to the use of the term "moderate" to describe these statists, and the implication that the Tea Party represents some kind of extreme.

Offline Rapunzel

Newt did follow through on his commitment with the Contract With America. All the items were brought before both houses of Congress for a vote. That all did not pass in both houses was not his fault or promise. But, it cannot be said that he did not follow through on his campaign promises.

The "Patriot Act" was a POS from the very beginning and I also was strident in my opposition to this worthless assault on our Constitution. The ONLY reason why it passed was because "W" caved to pressure placed on him by the RATs in Congress as well as the Media Maggots that wanted it to pass, so they could hammer him with it. Anybody who was paying any attention at all could see that coming.

I also was against creating the DHS and TARP......  and people should never underestimate the effect of TARP on the 2008 election and the GOP loses that election.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Sheesh are you and sink in a contest to see who can make the crudest post of the day.

Was gonna say you should probably 'let it slide'.....but then thought it wouldn't be prudent.   :silly:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

I also was against creating the DHS and TARP......  and people should never underestimate the effect of TARP on the 2008 election and the GOP loses that election.

There's just more examples of how these GOPe are not "moderate" at all, just big government statists that happen to use an "R" after their names.  Too many here view it as "extreme" to want to FedGov to stay within its Constitutional bounds.  It's become a "quaint and eccentric" concept.

Offline Howie66

There's just more examples of how these GOPe are not "moderate" at all, just big government statists that happen to use an "R" after their names.  Too many here view it as "extreme" to want to FedGov to stay within its Constitutional bounds.  It's become a "quaint and eccentric" concept.

:amen: :amen: and  :amen:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yes and I won!

NUMBER 1 Baby!!!
Sit down Sinkspur...you did not win.
can't be 2 number 1s when I'm #1
I'M #1 I'm the best.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yes and I won!

NUMBER 1 Baby!!!
Sit down Sinkspur...you did not win.
can't be 2 number 1s when I'm #1
I'M #1 I'm the best.

Hmmmm......I don't know.....

kinda liked reading "....porking Callista!"     :silly:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 01:35:24 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald