Author Topic: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal  (Read 5724 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: David Jolly Won Despite DC GOP Betrayal
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 11:11:46 pm »
Geez, sink. Mark Levin, JD also runs a legal foundation, Landmark Legal, a government watchdog group which works tirelessly on behalf of conservative causes. Landmark has litigated a number of cases up to and before the US Supreme Court. It's was one of the first groups to file amicus brief in support of Virginia's suit challenging Obamacare. Thank God he's out here, folks.

Offline Relic

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:00 pm »
I have no idea what he said.  If he's not pimping a book, he's trashing other Republicans.  I haven't listened to his show or read anything he's written in two years.

Hint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gSD7qmbGus0

But, continue attacking the messenger. It worked for Bill Clinton.

Offline Carling

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 11:16:53 pm »
Geez, sink. Mark Levin, JD also runs a legal foundation, Landmark Legal, a government watchdog group which works tirelessly on behalf of conservative causes. Landmark has litigated a number of cases up to and before the US Supreme Court. It's was one of the first groups to file amicus brief in support of Virginia's suit challenging Obamacare. Thank God he's out here, folks.

None of that means that he should be called a "doctor," though.  Unless we should start addressing Barack and Michelle Obama as "doctors." 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:18:05 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 11:17:00 pm »
I like him, I respect his knowledge, and his thoughts. I don't care for his program. He's too aggressive, arrogant, and dismissive for my tastes, but I don't begrudge those who like him.

Sinkspur's criticism comes across as petty, making him appear to be jealous, or just a small personality.

I get that.  As much as I do enjoy him, I have to take him in measured doses myself.  I find if I listen to him too often, or for too long, I get very worked up and agitated.  I have a need for a bit more peacefulness in my life at the present.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 11:19:22 pm »
I have no idea what he said.  If he's not pimping a book, he's trashing other Republicans.  I haven't listened to his show or read anything he's written in two years.

If you are interested, Replies #2 & #4 have his commentary that is germane to the topic of this thread.  They are right here for you, you don't have to bother going out of your way to listen to them.

Offline Carling

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 11:20:14 pm »
Dr. Hillary Clinton

Dr. Ted Cruz

It's ridiculous to call an attorney a "doctor."
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 11:22:19 pm »
I get that.  As much as I do enjoy him, I have to take him in measured doses myself.  I find if I listen to him too often, or for too long, I get very worked up and agitated.  I have a need for a bit more peacefulness in my life at the present.

That's a good characterization of my response to his show, too. Sometimes I just have to turn it off, listen to classical and untangle my nerves.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 11:23:40 pm »

I know he loves dogs and wrote a wonderful book about one of his dogs.  So maybe his snarling personality on the radio is just his schtick.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Howie66

• MOLON LABE & SEMPER FI!
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2014, 11:33:59 pm »
Dr. Hillary Clinton

Dr. Ted Cruz

It's ridiculous to call an attorney a "doctor."

Wonder what they are calling that guy in Portland that let his 22 pound cat trap him in the bathroom and call 9-1-1?
I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:10 pm »
Uhmm, excuse me, ...

... as someone who does have a JD, and an LLM, I have to say that calling someone with a JD "doctor" is like conflating a bachelor's degree with a PhD.  The JD was the in-your-face replacement for the old - honest - law degree, the LLB, aka, Bachelor of Laws.  That's why the LLM, aka Master of Laws, comes after, not before, the JD.  The law school equivalent of the PhD - the "doctoral" degree - is the JSD, the Doctor of Juridical Science.

There is no real equivalent to the JD in the normal college > grad school > doctorate progression.  The closest one could come would be to analogize it to an associate degree - the degree that's frequently received from two-year colleges; that is, the JD is sort of like an associate master's degree - higher up the chain than a bachelor's degree, but still less than a master's degree.

In point of fact, calling a lawyer "doctor" on account of his having a JD is even more facetious than calling a lawyer "esquire" - and doubly so if the lawyer calls him or her self that.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 11:37:23 pm »
If I may jump in here I believe Sean Hannity started this...IIRC....he always refers to Mark as Dr Levine....it was meant as a joke and not to be taken seriously....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 11:39:44 pm »
Thanks for that brief, counselor. May I call you counselor? Or, will ocean suffice?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 11:43:52 pm »
None of that means that he should be called a "doctor," though.  Unless we should start addressing Barack and Michelle Obama as "doctors."

That'll be the day...... :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 11:51:31 pm »
Thanks for that brief, counselor. May I call you counselor? Or, will ocean suffice?

dunderhead does quite nicely, thanks!

Offline Howie66

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 11:54:05 pm »
Uhmm, excuse me, ...

... as someone who does have a JD, and an LLM, I have to say that calling someone with a JD "doctor" is like conflating a bachelor's degree with a PhD.  The JD was the in-your-face replacement for the old - honest - law degree, the LLB, aka, Bachelor of Laws.  That's why the LLM, aka Master of Laws, comes after, not before, the JD.  The law school equivalent of the PhD - the "doctoral" degree - is the JSD, the Doctor of Juridical Science.

There is no real equivalent to the JD in the normal college > grad school > doctorate progression.  The closest one could come would be to analogize it to an associate degree - the degree that's frequently received from two-year colleges; that is, the JD is sort of like an associate master's degree - higher up the chain than a bachelor's degree, but still less than a master's degree.

In point of fact, calling a lawyer "doctor" on account of his having a JD is even more facetious than calling a lawyer "esquire" - and doubly so if the lawyer calls him or her self that.

In truth, I prefer to refer to a collection or gathering of lawyers a "herd of cats". I do not say this as an insult, either. More, an observation. :bolt:

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery.  But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes:  If you bleep with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders (Note: Mattis did NOT say "BLEEP". He threw the F Bomb)

I didn't enlist in the Corps just to watch my country become a Third World Communist Shit-hole. Don't know anyone who did.

Oceander

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 11:55:14 pm »
In truth, I prefer to refer to a collection or gathering of lawyers a "herd of cats". I do not say this as an insult, either. More, an observation. :bolt:

What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 11:57:08 pm »
A good start.

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 11:58:45 pm »
A good start.

Bingo!!!!  Give the cat a cigar (made of the finest catnip, of course)!

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with a pig?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 11:58:48 pm »
Thanks for teeing that up for me, counselor.

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 11:59:12 pm »
Thanks for teeing that up for me, counselor.

try the next one!

Offline Howie66

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 11:59:38 pm »
What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

"A nice start".   :tongue2:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:08 am »
??? Hmm.....

Offline Howie66

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2014, 12:00:57 am »

Bingo!!!!  Give the cat a cigar (made of the finest catnip, of course)!

What do you get when you cross a lawyer with a pig?

Nothing. Pigs have their standards...

Oceander

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:02 am »
??? Hmm.....

Nothing.  There are some things even pigs won't do!

Oceander

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:20 am »
Nothing. Pigs have their standards...

Ceegar for you too!