Author Topic: Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'  (Read 4881 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Barnicle Calls Palin a 'Moron'
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 07:02:36 pm »
Oh, goody. Another Palin thread. I'm going back to the beginning to catch up while I eat my lunch. (3pm and I'm just getting to eat lunch. Being in healthcare ain't like it used to be)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 07:04:53 pm »

How does it feel to be perfect?

Tell us. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:37 pm »
So.............if she gets a voice coach, will your hostile opinion toward her soften?  (As a voice instructor, I'm interested in your opinion).

I have no idea if aggravating the left is gaining any votes, but if you know anything about politics, sinkspur, you know that energizing your base is a very important part of the process.

And Sarah, hate her or not, energizes.

Nah. 

If Palin looked like Barbara Mikulski, no one would pay her one minute of attention.

Offline happyg

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2014, 07:08:49 pm »
Nah. 

If Palin looked like Barbara Mikulski, no one would pay her one minute of attention.

evidently, you  look at her without listening to what she has to say.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2014, 07:27:03 pm »
Nah. 

True confession, sink?

She could look like Quasimodo, and thinking conservatives (like me) would listen to her.

You just gave us an unfortunate look into your priorities, my friend.   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2014, 07:31:02 pm »
Oh, goody. Another Palin thread.

The world is falling apart at the seams, and the nation is rotting from within, so it's a pleasant diversion to be discussing hating people for the nasal quality of their voices.    ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2014, 07:36:06 pm »
The world is falling apart at the seams, and the nation is rotting from within, so it's a pleasant diversion to be discussing hating people for the nasal quality of their voices.    ^-^

:silly:

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2014, 09:43:52 pm »

Oceander

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2014, 09:52:39 pm »
Nah. 

I doubt that.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2014, 10:05:14 pm »
Either way, he likely stole it from someone else.

Good shot.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2014, 10:09:13 pm »
I doubt that.
Do you seriously think if she had to rely on her brains, she would have even been considered for the VP nod?

I mean, seriously. I remember being on TOS back when the potential VP choices were being bandied about. Every time her name came up, it was accompanied by a bunch of pictures ogling her. Her looks are an integral part of her appeal; let's not deny that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Carling

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »
Palin is 2x more intelligent than 'genius' Barack Obama.  Her VP acceptance speech in 2008 was incredible, even more so when it came out the prompter had failed.

Remember all of the flak she took for writing a few words on her hand?  A 20 minutes speech with 3 words written on her hand, yet the current President can't get out a complete sentence with stammering unless it's written on a teleprompter.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline happyg

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2014, 10:15:38 pm »
Do you seriously think if she had to rely on her brains, she would have even been considered for the VP nod?

I mean, seriously. I remember being on TOS back when the potential VP choices were being bandied about. Every time her name came up, it was accompanied by a bunch of pictures ogling her. Her looks are an integral part of her appeal; let's not deny that.

I don't think so. When McCain chose her, no one was enthused about her, even after seeing her. It wasn't until her speech that included "lipstick on a pig" that she began to catch hold. That entire speech was well received by republicans, and put the media in attack mode.

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2014, 10:17:57 pm »

Fair enough, but so are everyone's looks.  Go back and watch the first televised debate between Nixon and JFK.  Nixon ending up coming off as someone untrustworthy because he and his team didn't understand the dynamics of television - particularly how the lights make you look - while JFK's team did.

That being said, Palin is not just a set of legs and, ahem, ______; she has intelligence as well.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
It is her vernacular/accent that irritates people because she does not reign from the lower 48. She has a Wisconsin slash folksy drawal. Northerners speak nasaly. It is because she does not tawk like a northeasterner. It took the PUBLIC awhile to accept the southern accent in politics. The media and liberals can't stand the folksy "gotcha" stuff. Down home and apple pie and having babies does not appeal to progressive communists. Her speech in general speaking to an audience- has improved but her folksy manner will never go away. Much like Willy Jeff Clinton.

No, she has a screechy voice.  Some in the Northeast, "New Yawkers", speak like that, nasally.  Most women don't notice it because most women have screechy voices.  Haven't you noticed that most comedians imitating a woman voice sound the same?  It's how most women sound to the male ear.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:30:10 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »

She was an excellent governor before McCain plucked her out of the job and the liberal media and liberal Democrats went after her...... 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:27 pm »
True confession, sink?

She could look like Quasimodo, and thinking conservatives (like me) would listen to her.

You just gave us an unfortunate look into your priorities, my friend.   ^-^

Sure she's cute. And that's her attraction to the half of conservatives that pay attention to such things.

Otherwise, her speeches are mostly forgettable, repeating prescriptions already presented by others.

Except for the cutesy Seuss rip-off, anything memorable from her on Saturday?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2014, 11:04:07 pm »
People that state her voice is annoying, or she is divisive, don't "hate" her. They are merely commenting on qualities she possesses.

Accusing somebody of "hate" in such circumstances sounds childlike, as with adolescent girls--"Amy hates Julie."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2014, 11:09:40 pm »
People that state her voice is annoying, or she is divisive, don't "hate" her. They are merely commenting on qualities she possesses.

Accusing somebody of "hate" in such circumstances sounds childlike, as with adolescent girls--"Amy hates Julie."

Exactly!   I like her a lot.

Just wish she sounded like Maggie Thatcher or Golda Meir, that's all.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2014, 11:10:13 pm »
Methinks this thread is degenerating.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »

Our bad.  We know Sinky doesn't really hate Sarah Palin.   :whistle:

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2014, 11:29:22 pm »
This thread may be closed if the personal attacks continue

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2014, 11:33:20 pm »
Our bad.  We know Sinky doesn't really hate Sarah Palin.   :whistle:

I don't hate Sarah Palin. 

But "hate" is a word thrown around very liberally around here.  Disagreement-as-hate is a tactic used by the Democrats and, increasingly, by a certain segment of the conservative movement.

It's unseemly.

Oceander

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2014, 11:34:39 pm »
I don't hate Sarah Palin. 

But "hate" is a word thrown around very liberally around here.  Disagreement-as-hate is a tactic used by the Democrats and, increasingly, by a certain segment of the conservative movement.

It's unseemly.

it is unseemly, no matter who bandies it about.  And it's not just some of the conservatives here who sometimes use that word.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2014, 11:38:31 pm »
I use it all the time and I do believe sink hates Palin and Cruz...and I do agree this thread has just about had it..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34