Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China  (Read 72710 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China
« Reply #625 on: March 17, 2014, 05:37:44 pm »
MH370 flew as low as 1,500m to avoid detection, says paper

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mh370-flew-low-1-500m-avoid-detection-says-011918423.html
As the search for the missing flight MH370 enters its 10th day with few clues as to its whereabouts, the New Straits Times said today the Boeing 777-200ER dropped 5,000 feet (1,500m) to evade commercial radar detection.

In an exclusive story, the government-backed paper said investigators analysing MH370’s flight data revealed that the 200-tonne, fully laden twinjet descended 1,500m or even lower to evade commercial (secondary) radar coverage after it turned back from its flight path en route to Beijing.

The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777-200ER (9M-MRO) disappeared on March 8 with 239 people on board. Malaysian authorities said on Saturday the plane was deliberately diverted and its on-board

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #626 on: March 17, 2014, 05:44:52 pm »

DC was talking about why every plane cannot be tracked constantly and the tracking not turned off.. we weren't talking cell phones or sat phones.

That's right.  My point was that a single telecommunications satellite for GPS can track perhaps tens of thousand of drivers inputting destinations at the same time...and that icon of "you" is accurate to within 90 feet.

If I owned American Airlines or was COB...I'd make sure everyone of my planes was "lo-jacked" in multiple concealed places...where it would be impossible to not know where that aircraft is ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET.  Period.

If I owned the insurance company insuring their loss....it would be a condition for acceptance of the policy.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #627 on: March 17, 2014, 08:17:15 pm »
Did you even read the article, Chieftan?  Or did you just see Glenn Beck's name and turn it off?  It's not Beck's theory, there are lots of articles about this - he was reporting on the "conspiracy theory" going around the Internet on this.  If you read about this company and the technology they are working on, it might make sense to a terrorist organization.  As much sense as any of the other theories out there.

I listened to him and you're right Alice... it was not HIS theory, he was reading what they wrote in the Wallstreet Journal.  But he did make what I think is as valid an observation as any I've heard.  How many times over the past week have people said what was in the cargo hold of that plane?  Given what the 20 people did for a living and the fact they were heading to China - were they carrying something with them in cargo that was involved in this cloaking device or a device itself?   IF so there is any number of countries who would love to get hold of it.... though granted it would take a lot of fore-knowledge and planning. 

He also had a guy on who trackedall aircraft (civilian and military) for the military - was really interesting because the guy explained how the military keeps track of planes in the aerial highway and this would definitely be one of the reasons they quickly dropped down to literally fly low as to not receive those pings from military tracking devices.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #628 on: March 17, 2014, 08:51:18 pm »
Did you even read the article, Chieftan?  Or did you just see Glenn Beck's name and turn it off?  It's not Beck's theory, there are lots of articles about this - he was reporting on the "conspiracy theory" going around the Internet on this.  If you read about this company and the technology they are working on, it might make sense to a terrorist organization.  As much sense as any of the other theories out there.

Yes, exactly right.

I've seen and heard far too many Glenn Beck wild-goose-me chases to pay him any attention any more.  Ditto Bachelor and DEBKA.  I can name more if you insist....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #629 on: March 17, 2014, 09:13:52 pm »
The "alright goodnight" statement has been identified as the pilot of the plane - this was after the tracking systems were shut down.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #630 on: March 17, 2014, 10:09:39 pm »
I listened to him and you're right Alice... it was not HIS theory, he was reading what they wrote in the Wallstreet Journal.  But he did make what I think is as valid an observation as any I've heard.  How many times over the past week have people said what was in the cargo hold of that plane?  Given what the 20 people did for a living and the fact they were heading to China - were they carrying something with them in cargo that was involved in this cloaking device or a device itself?   IF so there is any number of countries who would love to get hold of it.... though granted it would take a lot of fore-knowledge and planning. 

He also had a guy on who trackedall aircraft (civilian and military) for the military - was really interesting because the guy explained how the military keeps track of planes in the aerial highway and this would definitely be one of the reasons they quickly dropped down to literally fly low as to not receive those pings from military tracking devices.

Thanks Rap, it's certainly food for thought.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #631 on: March 17, 2014, 11:15:47 pm »
Since this particular thread seems to have gone over the edge already i'll throw this one in the mix.

http://www.lignet.com/InBriefs/Malaysia-Hunts-for-Missing-Jet-in-Pakistan-Israel-?ns_mail_uid=38832797&ns_mail_job=1560482_03172014&promo_code=16D22-1

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #632 on: March 17, 2014, 11:17:59 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me, Bigun.  At this point I think discounting anything is dangerous.

Offline happyg

« Reply #633 on: March 17, 2014, 11:23:59 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if the US knows where the plane is.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #634 on: March 17, 2014, 11:25:16 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if the US knows where the plane is.

Me, either.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #635 on: March 17, 2014, 11:25:56 pm »
Wouldn't surprise me, Bigun.  At this point I think discounting anything is dangerous.

Perhaps but this is getting out of hand!

NO way that plane made Pakistan and especially so if it were flying at low level to avoid radar as has been alleged!  Flying down on the deck consumes what fuel there is at a horrific rate.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #636 on: March 17, 2014, 11:29:24 pm »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/465369/Malaysia-Airlines-jet-Are-military-rulers-COVERING-UP-details-of-plane-s-last-flightpath

Malaysia Airlines plane: Has there been a military COVER UP over jet's last flight path?

SOME of the world’s most militarised regimes might be covering up embarrassing details about the flightpath of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, a leading aviation expert has suggested.
By: Ted Jeoy
Published: Mon, March 17, 2014

COVER UP There would be a huge outcry if an unidentified jet passed slipped through radar defences COVER UP: There would be a huge outcry if an unidentified jet passed slipped through radar defences [GETTY]

David Learmount, operations and safety editor at the respected Flight Global publication, said countries in the world’s most volatile region might be withholding vital radar data about Flight MH370 for fear it would expose holes in their multibillion pound air defences.

If the unidentified Boeing 777 had passed over their territories without sounding any alarm bells it would be a humiliating failure for radar systems that are meant to alert rulers to enemy attacks.

The countries over which the Malaysia Airlines plane might have flown include Thailand, Burma, China, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and Afghanistan.

Between them they spend some $185billion every year on military defences–and that excludes the amount spent by the US, the UK and other allies securing Afghanistan’s airspace.

Mr Learmount said: “Maybe these states’ air defences, like Malaysia’s, are not what they are cracked up to be.

“And maybe they wouldn’t want the rest of the world to know that.”

Flight MH370 and its 239 people on board has now been missing for nine days, with the 26 countries involved in the search not much closer to finding it. The plane’s transponder was deliberately turned off, making it undetectable to civilian air traffic controllers using secondary radar.

Flight Global’s David Learmount, a former pilot, is one of the most respected analysts in the aviation industry and regularly appears on the BBC and Sky News.

Writing on his blog yesterday, he outlined his latest thoughts.

He questioned why the Malaysian authorities had taken so long to disclose that the Boeing had been detected on military, or primary, radar–after having turned west from its intended flightpath.

That confirmation came last Tuesday.

lThe Malaysia Airlines jet may have passed over militarised zones undetected [EXPRESS]

Mr Learmount wrote: “Clearly they had let an unidentified aircraft pass through Malaysian sovereign territory without bothering to identify it; not something they were happy to admit.”

It was only yesterday, Mr Learmount wrote, that the “signs of really practical thinking and coordination of the search and investigation are beginning to appear for the first time”.

He continued: “The Malaysian government has called upon all the countries to the north-west as far as Turkmenistan and the Caspian Sea to check their primary radar records for unidentified contacts in their airspace in the seven hours after the 777 went missing.

“Depending on the actual track the aircraft followed, if it had headed approximately north-west this could include some–if not all–of the following countries: Thailand, Myanmar/Burma, China, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Turkmenistan.

“If the aircraft had gone that way, surely military primary radar in one of those countries–or several–would have picked up the signal from this unidentified aircraft, and the vigilant radar operator would have scrambled a fighter to intercept the intruder?

“Wouldn’t s/he? Or maybe not. Maybe these states’ air defences, like Malaysia’s, are not what they are cracked up to be. And maybe they wouldn’t want the rest of the world to know that.”

The Malaysia Airlines jet flying over Poland on Feb 5 this year [REUTERS]

Meanwhile, Malaysian officials today confirmed that French experts involved in the investigation of the 2009 Air France mid-Atlantic disaster have flown in to help solve the latest mystery.

Flight AF447 crashed into the Atlantic after a pilot error during a volatile lightning storm en route from Brazil to Paris.

Malaysian authorities also suggested the final voice to be heard from the Malaysia Airlines jet was that of the first officer, Fariq Abdul Hamid. In his final call with Malaysian air traffic controllers, 15 minutes after the transponder had been deactivated, he is believed to have said, “all right, good night”.

A recording of the voice patterns are now being analsyed for any psychological stress from a possible hijacking by one or more of the crew or passengers.

Malaysian authorities are also seeking diplomatic permission to investigate the theory that the Boeing 777 have been flown to a Taliban controlled area of northwestern Pakistan and Afghanistan. It is thought the plane may have dropped to an altitude of less than 5,000ft to evade being detected by radar as it flew over other countries.

An official confirmed the plane had flown at a low lever over Kelentan, Malaysia. Speaking to the New Strait Times he said: "The person who had control over the aircraft has a solid knowledge of avionics and navigation, and left a clean track.

“It passed low over Kelantan, that was true. It's possible that the aircraft had hugged the terrain in some areas, that are mountainous to avoid radar detection".

Experts have said only a trained person would have the skills necessary to turn of the plane’s tracking system.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #637 on: March 17, 2014, 11:30:56 pm »
Since this particular thread seems to have gone over the edge already i'll throw this one in the mix.

http://www.lignet.com/InBriefs/Malaysia-Hunts-for-Missing-Jet-in-Pakistan-Israel-?ns_mail_uid=38832797&ns_mail_job=1560482_03172014&promo_code=16D22-1

It wasn't that many years ago that the idea of two planes taking the World Trade Centers down would have been poo-pooed. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #638 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:53 pm »
It wasn't that many years ago that the idea of two planes taking the World Trade Centers down would have been poo-pooed.

I agree with that Alice but some of this stuff could and should be eliminated with just a little checking.

I do think you are right about someone already knowing where the plane is.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #639 on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:25 pm »
I agree with that Alice but some of this stuff could and should be eliminated with just a little checking.

I do think you are right about someone already knowing where the plane is.

I think that is what the former military guy on Beck's radio show this morning was alluding to when he explained how the roadway in the sky works and how the military pings off the aircraft to determine who is where (this is aside from the FAA).

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #640 on: March 17, 2014, 11:48:43 pm »
There are a lot of very sophisticated assets being brought to bear on this from a number of concerned players.  It takes time to get assets on station to begin a search, and the search itself has to be systematic and coordinated in order to accomplish anything.  The US Navy has at least one destroyer in the Indian Ocean and is deploying long range P-3 submarine hunters to the search as well.

ASW assets might prove to be what steers the searchers to the plane in the end, if it crashed into the water.  Large metal pieces leave a magnetic signature in the water that the P-3 is designed to pick up.  The long ASW "tails" many destroyers are outfitted with are designed to pick up distant and faint noises in the water; an underwater pinger in a black box could be located this way.

The bottom line is that it will take time to gather data and analyze it to see if there is anything to be found.  Even SOSUS underwater submarine listening gear is capable of picking up the sounds of a big jet hitting the water and breaking up as it sinks to the bottom, but it takes time for real humans to sift through all that data...

Oceander

« Reply #641 on: March 18, 2014, 12:11:50 am »
Article at hotmail if someone wants to post it..Malaysia official paper now reporting it dropped down and flew at 5000 feet to avoid detection.

I'm not sure the Malaysians really know what they're talking about any more.

Oceander

« Reply #642 on: March 18, 2014, 12:14:06 am »
The "alright goodnight" statement has been identified as the pilot of the plane - this was after the tracking systems were shut down.

I thought they'd already decided it was the co-pilot: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2582146/Caught-CCTV-Pilots-doomed-Malaysian-Airlines-flight-walk-security-final-time-off.html

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #643 on: March 18, 2014, 12:15:58 am »
The turns of the plane were made at GPS waypoints (the highway in the sky).......... which "could" mean the flight path was pre-programmed... 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #644 on: March 18, 2014, 12:41:18 am »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Homeland Security Committee Chairman: Missing Plane May Have Been Hidden for Use as Weapon
By  Andrew Johnson
March 17, 2014 4:06 PM

After eleven days and no sign of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, Representative Michael McCaul (R., Texas) said he believes whatever happened to the plane was “an intentional, deliberate act” and that it may have been hidden somewhere for later use.

While he said there are currently few leads showing the plane’s disappearance was tied to terrorism, the House Committee on Homeland Security chairman did not rule out the possibility. “The other possible theory that we’re looking at is that it could have landed somewhere, filled with explosives, and then sent somewhere to cause some great damage,” he warned on Fox News on Monday.

McCaul argued that if the plane was hijacked or taken over for use by terrorists, he doesn’t think the perpetrators would simply crash it in to the ocean. “What would be the purpose?” he asked.

Calling it the most mysterious missing flight since Amelia Earhart’s disappearance in 1937, McCaul said authorities are still keeping all options open, including pilot suicide or that the plane ran out of fuel.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #645 on: March 18, 2014, 01:22:02 am »
New York Times breaking more news on this on Fox - right after the break........

gotta go feed my dogs.

Offline happyg

« Reply #646 on: March 18, 2014, 01:25:37 am »
Just heard a former Marine pilot say he thought the plane was hidden, to be repainted for further "use". He also said there is a code (075) to punch in if there are terrorists. The code was never activated, at least that is what we are told.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #647 on: March 18, 2014, 01:34:01 am »
Has anyone raised the conspiracy yet that the plane was never lost, it arrived on time, and the passengers/crew are just in the nightmare limbo of the Beijing airport system?  The whole system is just FUBAR and they were lost like a TPS report?

Oceander

« Reply #648 on: March 18, 2014, 01:34:46 am »
Has anyone raised the conspiracy yet that the plane was never lost, it arrived on time, and the passengers/crew are just in the nightmare limbo of the Beijing airport system?  The whole system is just FUBAR and they were lost like a TPS report?

Not so far-fetched!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #649 on: March 18, 2014, 01:46:48 am »
FINALLY, Courtney Love's theory (wouldn't it be ironic if she scooped everyone)

Courtney Love Thinks She May Have Found Missing Malaysian Plane

Using Tomnod, the online satellite imagery map website set up to crowdsource info on the plane's location, Love posted an image on her Facebook page of a body of water with the words "Oil" and "Plane" crudely drawn in Microsoft Paint with respective arrows drawn on the image.

"I'm no expert but up close this does look like a plane and an oil slick," wrote Love. "Prayers go out to the families #MH370 and its [sic] like a mile away Pulau Perak, where they 'last' tracked it 5°39'08.5"N 98°50'38.0"E but what do I know?"

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/courtney-love-thinks-she-may-have-found-missing-malaysian-plane-20140317#ixzz2wH5RIOXe
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook