Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China  (Read 72710 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China
« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2014, 06:22:43 am »
NewsBreaker ‏@NewsBreaker 53s

Malaysian PM: "14 countries, 43 ships, 58 aircraft involved in the search." RT @KFINEWS: #MH370 pic.twitter.com/QzOwGhq4OG
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2014, 06:25:12 am »
This PM is easier to listen to than Obama........ good English.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2014, 06:28:25 am »
Michael van Poppel ‏@mpoppel 1m

Malaysian PM: We have a responsibility to the investigation and the families to only release information that has been corroborated

Between Malaysia and Vietnam the transponder switched off and it turned back and flew Westerly over peninsula of Malaysia and then turned West......  all consistent with deliberate actions.

Today with satellite data they can confirm the aircraft was in fact the missing plane.  FAA, NTSB, NSA and Malaysian authorities all concur with this data.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2014, 06:30:24 am »
Search area From Northern Thailand to Kazakhstan and from Indonesia to the southern Indian Ocean.....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2014, 06:31:40 am »
Color Me Read ‏@ColorMeRed 40s

Evidence is consistent with someone acting deliberately from inside plane, said Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Rahman.via @cnnbrk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2014, 06:32:21 am »
Color Me Read ‏@ColorMeRed 35s

CONFIRMED: Malaysian authorities have refocused on the passengers and crew on #MH370.via @airchive

Michael van Poppel ‏@mpoppel 1m

Malaysian PM Najib Razak says search operations ending in South China Sea

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #481 on: March 15, 2014, 06:33:07 am »
UN Lede ‏@unlede 1m

Malaysia PM: last #MH370 contact was either btwn Kazakhstan and Thailand or btwn Indonesia and Southern Indian Ocean. Impossible large area

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #482 on: March 15, 2014, 06:33:32 am »
Michael van Poppel ‏@mpoppel 2m

Malaysian PM Najib Razak says search operations ending in South China Sea

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #483 on: March 15, 2014, 06:34:14 am »
Michael van Poppel ‏@mpoppel 44s

Press conference over, next press conference at 5:30 p.m. local

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:01 am »
Hmm Kazakhstan...... wouldn't there be a lot of isolated placed they could land a plane there??

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:32 am »
Thank you, Rap, for keeping the thread updated.  :beer:

A skilled pilot could put a 777 down on any flat bit of land that is at least a mile long, with a reasonable chance of it landing and staying in one piece. They are built pretty tough, especially the undercarriage. Even an isolated chunk of road would do.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:38:18 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2014, 06:35:46 am »
Patrick Dollard ‏@PatDollard 25s

In Pakistan?: Investigators Conclude #MH370 Highjacked ‘Using Normal Flight Paths’ http://bit.ly/1e2kPTr  #tcot

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #487 on: March 15, 2014, 06:36:10 am »
Hmm Kazakhstan...... wouldn't there be a lot of isolated placed they could land a plane there??

There would be countless old Soviet air force bases.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #488 on: March 15, 2014, 06:38:22 am »
There would be countless old Soviet air force bases.

Yep...........

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #489 on: March 15, 2014, 06:39:21 am »
So they "could" have been trying to head to Iran....... (look at the map I posted)

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #490 on: March 15, 2014, 06:40:30 am »
We will see this plane as a delivery method.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #491 on: March 15, 2014, 06:40:31 am »
Color Me Read ‏@ColorMeRed 2m

Malaysian PM confirmed last satellite communication was at 8:11 a.m., nearly 7 hours after plane went missing via @mpoppel

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #492 on: March 15, 2014, 06:47:41 am »
Breaking News ‏@NewsNerve 6m

Communication was last heard by satellite at 8:11 am Saturday. 7 hours after we thought before. Before thought was 1:07 am #MH370 #Flight370

SBS News ‏@SBSNews 7m

BREAKING Malaysian PM: "high degree of certainty" that MH 370 was hijacked - search now expanded to include Turkmenistan.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #493 on: March 15, 2014, 06:48:53 am »
 Mohd Najib Tun Razak ‏@NajibRazak 2m

This will help us to refine the search.Due to the type of satellite data,we r unable 2 confirm the precise location of the plane ...-Admin

Investigations team is making further calculations which will indicate hw far d aircraft may hv flown after this last point of contact-Admin

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #494 on: March 15, 2014, 06:51:35 am »
Michael van Poppel ‏@mpoppel 11m

New confirmed info means plane was still flying when Malaysia Airlines issued statement saying contact was lost with Flight 370

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2014, 07:07:46 am »
Michelle Malkin ‏@michellemalkin 19m

Bottom line on #MH370 press conference: Holy. Crap.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #496 on: March 15, 2014, 08:36:02 am »
Following copied from online discussion. (Underlining added by me)

On the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the Boeing 777; (I've got over 26 years in USAF Air Traffic Control and 5 years with the FAA) , the ELTs never went off.
I'm of the frame of mind the plane landed safely at a bare base under Muslim Brotherhood control.

The "Shoot Down" theory would have activated the (ELT) Emergency Locator Transmitter, and, unless within the first 5 mins of the hour Zulu time, would have been noticed.
Even within the first 5 minutes, satellites would have pinpointed a lat/long location after the 3rd sweep of the ELT.

We don't have the ELT location from the satellite system, so I don't believe it crashed or ditched into the water.
If it was blown up, the ELTs would have been activated and on battery power, they would have "transmitted pings" all the way down to the ground or if into the water all the way down through the water to the bottom.
They would transmit until the batteries run down, normally three days to a week. ELTs have survived many crashes and explosions, because they are designed to do just that.

My first thought of where to look would be any abandoned air strip left by any military in the Phillipeans.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2014, 09:01:16 am »
Following copied from online discussion. (Underlining added by me)

On the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, the Boeing 777; (I've got over 26 years in USAF Air Traffic Control and 5 years with the FAA) , the ELTs never went off.
I'm of the frame of mind the plane landed safely at a bare base under Muslim Brotherhood control.

The "Shoot Down" theory would have activated the (ELT) Emergency Locator Transmitter, and, unless within the first 5 mins of the hour Zulu time, would have been noticed.
Even within the first 5 minutes, satellites would have pinpointed a lat/long location after the 3rd sweep of the ELT.

We don't have the ELT location from the satellite system, so I don't believe it crashed or ditched into the water.
If it was blown up, the ELTs would have been activated and on battery power, they would have "transmitted pings" all the way down to the ground or if into the water all the way down through the water to the bottom.
They would transmit until the batteries run down, normally three days to a week. ELTs have survived many crashes and explosions, because they are designed to do just that.

My first thought of where to look would be any abandoned air strip left by any military in the Phillipeans.

I have a very bad feeling about this. Are they looking for a delivery method and if so what type of delivery and where? After refueling they could go about anywhere.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2014, 09:04:57 am »
If they are looking as far as Kazakhstan if you look at the map Iran isn't that much further.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2014, 09:08:39 am »
I have a very bad feeling about this. Are they looking for a delivery method and if so what type of delivery and where? After refueling they could go about anywhere.

Pretty much. They have an unloaded (fully fueled) range of 17,000 kilometers.

If it was taken, you can color the passengers dead. They would be an inconvenience.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:09:27 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink