Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China  (Read 72530 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China
« Reply #850 on: March 27, 2014, 01:13:45 am »
I really do prefer your explanations to anyone else's!!

Thanks!  Mine are at least as good as anything I've heard from CNN......

:beer:

Oceander

« Reply #851 on: March 27, 2014, 01:19:25 am »
Thanks!  Mine are at least as good as anything I've heard from CNN......

Yours are qualitatively better than anything CNN can dream up!

Offline flowers

« Reply #852 on: March 27, 2014, 07:12:03 pm »
Son of Malaysian Airlines captain breaks silence about father

http://news.yahoo.com/son-of-malaysian-airlines-pilot-breaks-silence-133946108.html

Ahmad Seth, the 26-year-old son of Malaysian Airlines flight 370 Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah, broke his family's silence about the speculation concerning his father.

Seth told New Straits Times that his father is not a "political fanatic." He said, "I've read everything online, but I've ignored all the speculation. I know my father better."

“We may not be as close as he travels so much, but I understand him,” he told New Straits Times.

Like many others, Seth is still hoping that there will be survivors from the ill-fated flight. Earlier this week, the Malaysian government concluded that the 239 people aboard the flight had died.

“Now, we are just waiting for the right confirmation,” Seth said. “I will believe it when I see the proof in front of my eyes.”

Seth did not address how his mother and siblings were doing but did say that he is "the strongest in his family in dealing with the crisis," according to New Straits Times.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #853 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:24 pm »
take it for what it's worth, this site claims much of what we think is incorrect (such as the 45K foot ascent).

“Alright, Goodnight” – Does Malaysia Want To Know What Happened To Flight MH-370?

....Conspiracy theories don’t hold water because they ignore certain things that have to happen in conjunction with those events in order for them to be correct. What all the theories about the disappearance of this plane leave out are the important aircraft systems that would react (or try to) in any mishap involving the plane. Here are a few.

The Cabin Emergency Depressurization Oxygen System. The “Rubber Mask Jungle” drops if the cabin pressure drops below a certain level – typically at 14,000 feet. The pilots can deploy the system manually or leave it set on automatic. But the pilots cannot turn it off....

Read more: http://sofrep.com/34084/alright-goodnight-malaysia-want-know-happened-flight-mh-370/#ixzz2xD2L08AV

Very long article

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #854 on: March 27, 2014, 11:58:31 pm »
I'm sticking with the Higgs Boson....

Oceander

« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2014, 03:22:31 am »
Seems they've been honing their calculations of the plane's travels and are adjusting the search area a bit:

Search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 shifts to new area west of Perth

March 28, 2014 1:01PM

The search area for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has been shifted after a new credible lead was provided to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority.

As a result today’s search will shift to an area 1,100 kilometres to the north east based on updated advice provided by the international investigation team in Malaysia.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), Australia’s investigation agency, has examined this advice and determined that this is the most credible lead to where debris may be located.

The new search area is approximately 319,000 square kilometres and around 1,850 kilometres west of Perth.

The new information is based on continuing analysis of radar data between the South China Sea and the Strait of Malacca before radar contact was lost.

It indicated that the aircraft was travelling faster than previously estimated, resulting in increased fuel usage and reducing the possible distance the aircraft travelled south into the Indian Ocean.

ATSB advises the potential flight path may be the subject of further refinement as the international investigative team supporting the search continues their analysis.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott said he has been briefed about the new radar data analysis of the flight path.

“This is a credible new lead and will be thoroughly investigated today,” Mr Abbott said.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2014, 10:20:44 am »
Seems they've been honing their calculations of the plane's travels and are adjusting the search area a bit:

Search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 shifts to new area west of Perth

Well that's what happens when the first string gets into the game.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #857 on: March 28, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »
Objects spotted in new missing jet search area
The first images are emerging of what search planes observed Friday -- some 21 days after Flight MH370 vanished without a trace.

New Malaysia plane search area turns up objects

Mar 28th 2014 9:49AM

INDIAN OCEAN - This handout Satellite image made available by the AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) shows a map of the new search area in the Indian Ocean for missing Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 on March 28, 2014. The revised search area, 680 miles to the north of previous searches, comes after a new radar analysis suggests the jetliner may have run out of fuel sooner than first believed.

By ROB GRIFFITH and GILLIAN WONG

PERTH, Australia (AP) -- Australian officials moved the search area for the lost Malaysian jetliner 1,100 kilometers (680 miles) to the northeast Friday following a new analysis of radar data, and planes quickly found multiple objects in the new zone.

Five out of 10 aircraft hunting for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 found objects of various colors Friday, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said. It said it was not clear whether the objects were from the plane, and photos of them would be analyzed overnight.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/03/28/new-malaysia-plane-search-area-turns-up-objects/20858649/
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Oceander

« Reply #858 on: March 28, 2014, 05:11:43 pm »
apparently they only have about 5 more days or so to find the black boxes before they stop pinging.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #859 on: March 28, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »
That square object in the water turned out to be a "suicide" note from the pilot saying he wanted to end it all and his actions had nothing to do with jihad or terrorism. 

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #860 on: March 28, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »
 :laugh: sounds about right.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #861 on: March 28, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »
Not the best time for British Airways to run this ad..

Oceander

« Reply #862 on: March 28, 2014, 05:50:36 pm »
Not the best time for British Airways to run this ad..

Seriously?!?

:bigsilly:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #863 on: March 28, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »
In case EC's wife works for this airline. I didn't create it.  ^-^

https://twitter.com/autocorrects/status/449327557742448640/photo/1

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #864 on: March 29, 2014, 12:54:47 am »
That square object in the water turned out to be a "suicide" note from the pilot saying he wanted to end it all and his actions had nothing to do with jihad or terrorism.

Or my son's homework.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #865 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:37 pm »
MH370: New account of cockpit last words

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26825184

The last words spoken were "Good night Malaysian three seven zero" - and not "all right, good night" as reported.

The transport ministry said forensic investigations would determine whether the pilot or co-pilot spoke the words.

The plane, carrying 239 people, was travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it disappeared on 8 March.

The plane's last contact took place at 01:19 Malaysian time.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #866 on: March 31, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »
We're never going to know what happened, or it's going to be a very long time until we do.  It seems to me that they are re-directing our focus from a hijacked plane to a crashed plane.  If this had been an American plane, the first piece of news that would have come out would have been, "We don't know what caused it, but we have ruled out terrorism." 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

« Reply #867 on: March 31, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »
"..but we have ruled out terrorism."

Absolutely, and Al Qaeda is still on the run.

Obama and all his conspirators have everything under control.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline flowers

« Reply #868 on: March 31, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »
Have they even looked in the area where they lost contact with the plane right after it turned?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #869 on: March 31, 2014, 06:22:45 pm »
Have they even looked in the area where they lost contact with the plane right after it turned?

Based on floating garbage they have turned the whole operation to focus on the southern route it could have taken and completely ruled out the northern route or if it continued west or doubled back again. This whole search has been mishandled from the beginning and we keep searching in the wrong area. My question is, is it by design?   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #870 on: March 31, 2014, 06:52:23 pm »
My question is, is it by design?

I'm never too quick to rule out total incompetence. Initial search mistakes could be faulty information, but this is now getting ridiculous.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #871 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:14 pm »

Yes, for more than a week and they found nothing.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #872 on: April 01, 2014, 12:03:23 am »
Higgs

Boson

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #873 on: April 01, 2014, 02:25:50 pm »
Yes, for more than a week and they found nothing.

Well  that’s not exactly true. They did find floating on the water a bag of 2012 election ballots mostly marked for Romney, A Kenyan birth certificate - but the ink has run too much to tell who it was for, and my sons homework.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:53:35 pm by NavyCanDo »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #874 on: April 01, 2014, 02:32:28 pm »
Well  that’s not exactly true. They did find floating on the water a bag of 2008 election ballots mostly marked for Romney, A Kenyan birth certificate - but the ink has run too much to tell who it was for, and my sons homework.

I believe there were also some hard copies of Eric Holder e-mails dealing with Fast and Furious.