General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Oscar Pistorius breaks down in court as his lawyer argues that Reeva Steenkamp was so badly brain damaged by gunshot she couldn't have screamed

(1/2) > >>

flowers:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572735/Oscar-Pistorius-trial-dramatically-adjourned-claims-witness-shown-television-giving-evidence.html

--- Quote ---Oscar Pistorius broke down in court today as his defence lawyer argued that Reeva Steenkamp was so badly brain damaged by the gunshot to her head she couldn't possibly have screamed for help.

Advocate Barry Roux made the claims in response to a neighbour's testimony that she heard a woman's screams after shots were fired on the night the model was killed.

He told the court: 'We will have experts state that there was serious brain damage after the shot to the head, that it would not have been possible for her to scream at all.

'With the head shot, she would have dropped down immediately.'

The Paralympian was seen bent double in the dock, with his hands behind his head, as the court heard details of the bullets hitting Miss Steenkamp and the removal of fragments from her head during the post-mortem.

He then buried his head in his hands briefly before pulling a handkerchief from his jacket pocket to wipe his eyes and nose.
--- End quote ---

Is he guilty? What say you here at the forum?

Rapunzel:
Yes.  Guilty.  However, I'm reading this will be Africa's OJ Simpson case.

truth_seeker:
From the story right after the incident, I felt he was a hot-head, short fuse. I still do.

His celebrity status affords him the chance to stage a defense and an act, that it was "an accident" and it is possible it will create enough "reason able doubt."

I think she was locked inside the toilet room, to escape his rage. I think he shot her in rage. Four shots.

Who has a guess about the skill and competence of South African government prosecutions, with the white flight which has occurred?

Whatever the screaming was, it was her before he shot her.

mountaineer:
He has quite a history of rage, from what I've read. I believe he intended to kill her and should be convicted of murder. Don't know enough about SA jurisprudence or society to wager on his chances of acquittal, though.

truth_seeker:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on March 05, 2014, 12:24:56 am ---He has quite a history of rage, from what I've read. I believe he intended to kill her and should be convicted of murder. Don't know enough about SA jurisprudence or society to wager on his chances of acquittal, though.

--- End quote ---
Trial by judge. That results in conviction about 80% of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version