Author Topic: Boehner blames GOP for government shutdown on Leno: ‘It was a very predictable disaster’  (Read 3644 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yeah, I know. I happen to know him and I want you all to feel better by telling you that he cried extensively over this. He regrets ever even getting into politics. That's why he is 'speaker'.

He has cried. ...and cried...

There, there, boner, d!ckhead...pu$$y

(BTW, no matter what happens, or how much he cries, he will still retire a multimillionaire. Right on man!)

Ain't no job like a goberment job... la lee la lee la lee la...

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

I missed it, what did he say?

Primarily that Boner missed every opportunity to contrast Republican principles with the radical and extreme Democratic Party.

Also Boner didn't miss a beat when he quickly agreed with Leno regarding the democrat and media lie that the Republicans shut down the government!

There was much more pointed criticism, done only in the way that Levin can. Basically, he played clips that showed Boner revealing himself to be a buffoon.

Offline Rapunzel

Primarily that Boner missed every opportunity to contrast Republican principles with the radical and extreme Democratic Party.

Also Boner didn't miss a beat when he quickly agreed with Leno regarding the democrat and media lie that the Republicans shut down the government!

There was much more pointed criticism, done only in the way that Levin can. Basically, he played clips that showed Boner revealing himself to be a buffoon.

I didn't watch Leno last night (probably a good thing), but I saw the video on The Blaze and it was enough to make my blood boil.  He did trash the GOP in the appearance and at the same time yucked it up about how he loves to golf, drink wine and smoke cigarettes.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Maybe so, but going on a talk show and blabbing about it months later means he's just part of the oh-so-predictable GOP circular firing squad.  Does he really think he's doing anything other than damaging the GOP by airing months' old dirty laundry on a late night entertainment show?  Please; he's as stupid as anyone else in the GOP is, and that's saying a lot.

When was the last time a blue-dog democrat went on Leno to voice his displeasure with Obamacare?

By doing this Boehner does demonstrate that he's part of the problem.
He's just as stupid and blind as anyone might accuse Cruz of being.

Bingo.  Boenhead figures if Leno works for Obama then why shouldn't it work for him?  All he is doing is playing to the uninformed who will never vote republican anyway.

Offline Rapunzel

Cruz was very classy when he appeared on Leno and took the time to explain conservative positions to the listening audience.   He didn't fall for the Leno trap even though Leno tried.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Carling

Boehner says the obvious, and once again he's attacked.

The only person that benefited from the phony "shutdown" was Ted Cruz.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Boehner says the obvious, and once again he's attacked.

The only person that benefited from the phony "shutdown" was Ted Cruz.

Oh!  There you are.  The voice of sanity.

The statements of Boehner are the equivalent to President Clinton's "The era of big government is over!" It's a statement to voters that the GOP heard them and implies they wont let freshmen, who have not faces the wrath of the voters before, lead again.  Smart move taking the message to Leno IMO.

Offline aligncare

Boner stood for nothing. He failed to mention the constitutional breaches of this Pres. He lacked any vision nor conveyed any hope to people suffering under oppressive Democrat authoritarian rule. He looked and acted like a good old boy, an establishment hack.

Boner stood for nothing. He failed to mention the constitutional breaches of this Pres. He lacked any vision nor conveyed any hope to people suffering under oppressive Democrat authoritarian rule. He looked and acted like a good old boy, an establishment hack.

the funny thing about the so-called infighting, is that we agree on all the goals. We think Obamacare is bad for the country. We think we shouldn’t spend more than what we bring in. We think the president is ignoring the laws. It is all a fight over tactics. It’s not over what our goals are.”

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

I am not taking up for Boehner but could we pretty please with a cherry on top- not refer to him in this manner of misspelling his name? It is so DUish.

Call him Boehner or bonehead lol but not that.

Thanks in advance.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the shutdown was Obama's doing?  How was Cruz responsible?  Seriously, am I mistaken?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Oh!  There you are.  The voice of sanity.

The statements of Boehner are the equivalent to President Clinton's "The era of big government is over!" It's a statement to voters that the GOP heard them and implies they wont let freshmen, who have not faces the wrath of the voters before, lead again.  Smart move taking the message to Leno IMO.

I beg to differ any such voice of sanity. Common sense prevails that acting like a democrat-lite on steroids, won't save this country nor do any good.

Hopefully Boehner becomes a retiree on all the country club golf courses, very soon.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the shutdown was Obama's doing?  How was Cruz responsible?  Seriously, am I mistaken?
I think some people blame Ted Cruz and Mike Lee for the shutdown because they threatened to shutdown the government to defund Obamacare months before Oct 

http://thehill.com/video/senate/313673-sen-burr-sen-lees-proposal-to-defund-obamacare-dumbest-idea-ive-ever-heard  Last July RINO Sen Richard Burr said..
"I think it's the dumbest idea I've ever heard," Burr told journalist Todd Zwilich on Thursday. "Listen, as long as Barack Obama is president the Affordable Care Act is gonna be law.

"I think some of these guys need to understand that you shut down the federal government, you better have a specific reason to do it that's achievable," Burr continued. "Defunding the Affordable Care Act is not achievable through shutting down the federal government."

Once the shutdown happened Sen Cruz declared he was winning, and when it was over he said he'd do it again.http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cruz-i-would-do-anything-98508.html

So the short answer why everyone except conservatives blame Sen Cruz for shutting down the government is because it was his plan all along and his fault.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I think some people blame Ted Cruz and Mike Lee for the shutdown because they threatened to shutdown the government to defund Obamacare months before Oct 

http://thehill.com/video/senate/313673-sen-burr-sen-lees-proposal-to-defund-obamacare-dumbest-idea-ive-ever-heard  Last July RINO Sen Richard Burr said..
Once the shutdown happened Sen Cruz declared he was winning, and when it was over he said he'd do it again.http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cruz-i-would-do-anything-98508.html

So the short answer why everyone except conservatives blame Sen Cruz for shutting down the government is because it was his plan all along and his fault.

Burr has a  very intelligent explanation of how shutting down the government cannot defund Obamacare. I read his full letter in my snail mail. Cruz thinks shutting down the government for any reason is good. Then Obama played his usual one-trick-pony- saying, 'all the people can't fly on planes',' people can't eat pies.'  'people can't breathe or have sex', because of the shut down (trying to get the GOP hatred riled again but it didn't work like it did in the past.) Cruz read green eggs and ham to his kids at home.

BTW why can't the dems pass a budget? Obama is going to be one month late again this year. Obama cannot get one dem to vote for his gazillion dollar spending budgets. One of Obama's blue book budgets called for a crap ton of our money to pay for ONE centralized bank. He is a complete joke but he is half-black.

Offline alicewonders

The thing is, why haven't the Republicans blasted the fact that it was OBAMA and not the Republicans that shut the government down?  No - they were happy to let the blame fall on Cruz and Lee - and they are STILL doing it!  They want Tea Party help when they're running for re-election, but then they throw them under the bus when it's back to kissing Obama's ass as usual. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The thing is, why haven't the Republicans blasted the fact that it was OBAMA and not the Republicans that shut the government down?  No - they were happy to let the blame fall on Cruz and Lee - and they are STILL doing it!  They want Tea Party help when they're running for re-election, but then they throw them under the bus when it's back to kissing Obama's ass as usual.

It is the (RNC/DNC combo PAC) vs the Tea Party
It is the 'establishment' good ol' boys vs reform
It is the "Government" fighting the American people

Boehner plays golf and goes to parties with McCain, and Schumer and Hollywood and Obama.

Boehner is blocking the investigation of Benghazi and the IRS.

It is exactly like Pro-Wrestling. They pretend to have differences. They petend to fight. And once in a while it does become real. But everyone always knows in the back of their mind that it is "always" about making money. It is always about, not "the people", but rather 'what can I do today to make government bigger and stronger, and me richer.

Rush calls government and the media a gigantic Spanish soap opera, and he is right.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

It is the (RNC/DNC combo PAC) vs the Tea Party
It is the 'establishment' good ol' boys vs reform
It is the "Government" fighting the American people

Boehner plays golf and goes to parties with McCain, and Schumer and Hollywood and Obama.

Boehner is blocking the investigation of Benghazi and the IRS.

It is exactly like Pro-Wrestling. They pretend to have differences. They petend to fight. And once in a while it does become real. But everyone always knows in the back of their mind that it is "always" about making money. It is always about, not "the people", but rather 'what can I do today to make government bigger and stronger, and me richer.

Rush calls government and the media a gigantic Spanish soap opera, and he is right.

It's the sad truth 240B...I just had to vent.  You'd have to be living in a cave or just willfully blind not to see it.  Boehner and the others are not our friends.   

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The democrats just LOVE to stir up the RNC v TP competition. The media helps, and gets headlines from it, too.

And the Republicans/conservatives, highly experienced with their Circular Firing Squads, comply easily, predictably and just gobble it up.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The democrats just LOVE to stir up the RNC v TP competition. The media helps, and gets headlines from it, too.

And the Republicans/conservatives, highly experienced with their Circular Firing Squads, comply easily, predictably and just gobble it up.

Look TS, if Boehner suddenly became President somehow, I have no faith that he would cancel ANY of the destructive things Obama has done. He would just continue along continuing along. Just like Bush.

The U.N., EPA, IRS, NEA, well, everything would just continue the same as it always has. We don't need anymore 'go along to get along' Republicans. Nothing has changed (for the Better that is) in decades. Everything always stays exactly the same or gets worse no matter who is in charge.

It is two sides of the same coin. What did Boehner say that ANY Democrat would not have said? Nothing.

It is not a circular firing squad, it is Conservatives (real ones), it is the American People, firing at the stupid Repulican/Democrat oligarchy. If you can't see what is going on today, I feel sorry for you.

Offline Olivia

It is not a circular firing squad, it is Conservatives (real ones), it is the American People, firing at the stupid Repulican/Democrat oligarchy. If you can't see what is going on today, I feel sorry for you.

I'm very discouraged with both parties in Washington.  All of Congress & the Senate get richer by the day while most Americans are losing their savings, health insurance, etc.
The very fact that the "establishment republicans" think Jeb Bush should run for president tells me how stupid they have become.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:59:46 pm by Olivia »
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I'm very discouraged with both parties in Washington.  All of Congress & the Senate get richer by the day while most Americans are losing their savings, health insurance, etc.
The very fact that the "establishment republicans" think Jeb Bush should run for president tells me how stupid they have become.

I have heard Newt pushed around more than once with Palin as VP.

I wonder if the same DU trolls (that bragged about it before) will troll certain political sites and say Palin/Newt or no one- even if they lose badly in primaries or  don't run? These same type of trolls love to throw fire on the GOP Establishment v. tea party schism. It is what it is but everyone should be careful.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

A lot depends on the definition of "conservatives, real ones." Reagan is the only one that qualifies in my lifetime.

And he did several things, which instantly earn "rino" labels today.  The definition of "conservative" has changed, and fewer people want to be called Republicans.

The largest "party" is now Independents. That is who to appeal to, if one wants to win elections.

I'm interested in winning elections. My district is represented by a conservative Republican, who has chosen to not identify as a member of the Tea Party. The political makeup of the district is trending towards the democrats, each election cycle. The racial demographics are changing, too.

Ignoring all that, pushes one evermore towards the irrelevant and out-of-touch side. I'm not all "hair on fire," every day.

I'm in favor of unity, and opposed to the constant "schism."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Olivia

A lot depends on the definition of "conservatives, real ones." Reagan is the only one that qualifies in my lifetime.

And he did several things, which instantly earn "rino" labels today.  The definition of "conservative" has changed, and fewer people want to be called Republicans.

The largest "party" is now Independents. That is who to appeal to, if one wants to win elections.

I'm interested in winning elections. My district is represented by a conservative Republican, who has chosen to not identify as a member of the Tea Party. The political makeup of the district is trending towards the democrats, each election cycle. The racial demographics are changing, too.

Ignoring all that, pushes one evermore towards the irrelevant and out-of-touch side. I'm not all "hair on fire," every day.

I'm in favor of unity, and opposed to the constant "schism."

I don't know anyone that's not opposed to schism but what's a person to do?
I don't agree with McCain, Boehner, Graham, etc., but I do agree with Cruz, Paul, Allen, etc.
The republican party is irreparably split into two groups of people.  Over half of them are democrats and the rest of them are conservative.
The "elitist" group never get anything done.  The conservative wing wants action.
Who will win is anyone's guess.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It cannot be a circular firing squad, if Republicans are not in the circle. And Boehner has declared himself that way.

Boehner may have well have said, "I represent D.C.", "I represent the status quo.", "I represent big 'Government' in all it's forms." He did not say any of those thing, but he did. It is all the same Klan.

I am the enemy of the Repulican/Democat oligarchy. I represent a different way of doing things. And in D.C., that can get you killed. or audited by the IRS or charged with something by Holder, or any number of things.