General Category > General Discussion

Just a note about something that's bothered me

(1/12) > >>

olde north church:
I'm not much for "girly" men.  I don't associate with them.  Anyway, there seems to be this thing lately among Conservatives about Vlad Poot-Poot. 
"He's a real man!  Hunting and fishing with his shirt off.  Wrestling tigers while we have Mr. Great Gazoo Bike Helmet and "flap hand limp wrist" while two men wrestle on the White House lawn."
Well, they can't all be Teddy Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson or Millard Fillmore and we have to take the bad with the good.  So we can't get angry at the Leftists when they talk about dictators "taking charge" when some of our own people have wet dreams about a President Putin.

EC:
I don't think it is so much "he's a real man" though I'd sink a few with him and go hunting happily enough.

Putin is competent. Formidably so. It does have it's appeal after 5 years of failure - even though he's pretty much the opposite of what America stands for. He stands for something. Obama stands for nothing.

Relic:
I understand your concern. It does seem a bit unsettling how some online presences glorify Putin.

My comment on Mr. Putin was something like: I know he's a bad guy. I would never want him or someone like him as president. But, I wish our president loved his country the way Putin seems to love his country.

massadvj:
There has been quite a disturbing glorification of Putin among the Paleoconservatives.  I was recently asked to sign a letter lauding Putin's views on morality and tradition from a group of American academic Paleocons.  They are sending people to Sochi with the intent of delivering the letter to Putin personally.  I refused to sign, but was surprised at some of the names of colleagues who did sign it.  I think there is a frustration among Paleo-types with the rapidity of cultural decline, and so they are grasping at straws.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/putins-paleoconservative-moment/

Gazoo:

--- Quote ---Mr. Great Gazoo Bike Helmet
--- End quote ---

I resemble that. You must edit out comparing me to the pansy ass mom jeans Obama, riding his bike like pee wee Herman and Richard Simmons all rolled up into one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version