Author Topic: Sweet Cakes by Melissa violated same-sex couple's civil rights when it refused to make wedding cake, state finds  (Read 9274 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
agreed don't want that  but I still think we should play hardball...from the link Rapunzel  postedok hand out/ put out  flyer's with  the reporters picture and info denouncing them as a anti Christian bigot.organize a boycott of the newspapers advertisers ..if its a radio or tv station flood the the FCC with complaints picket the newspaper or the reporters house at 6:30 in the morning
find out who these gays are and mount a class action lawsuit..name and shame them and put them a national blacklist protest outside their place of employment ..hand out flyer's   detailing their hatred of Christians   ..thats not illegal if done by private citizens ..If just 20 percent of the US population told the employers of those people that they will not  do business with companies that employ anti Christian bigots it would get noticed

heck besides voting out the liberal garbage .go find some uptight gay/liberal company and demand that they provide services to something like a pro life rally or something with  a anti gay speaker then sue them if the refuse..start a boycott of the people who support the ACLU..and if you can get away with something like dumping 5 tons of horse poop on Mr ACLU lawyers lawn ..well who cares if its petty and vindictive ...with out committing any major felonies let the liberals and gay mafia feel the publics displeasure ....alinsky  tactics the whole enchilada...push back dammed right

The remedy for hate speech is more speech.

The remedy for actions such as these is like actions going the other way.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Charlespg

Kristallnacht is coming, only a question of when.

This time though the Jews will not be the target.
let them  saved a lot of 12 ga buck n ball for that sort of nonsense :whistle:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Charlespg

The remedy for hate speech is more speech.

The remedy for actions such as these is like actions going the other way.
like thats not happing now?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Do you think there will be lions?

It's difficult to imagine the possible discomfort one may experience standing up for one's beliefs against the danger of hungry lions.

No...what I'm saying is Holder's Justice Department will cherry pick what they're going to prosecute, and a lot of right-wingers are going to be subject to possible violence and injury.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
No...what I'm saying is Holder's Justice Department will cherry pick what they're going to prosecute, and a lot of right-wingers are going to be subject to possible violence and injury.

Yes.

That's possible.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Charlespg

yeah I can see that

Offline olde north church

you may be required to get a license to open a business, you do not surrender your Constitutional rights when you open a business.  They are bestowed by the Creator, not the state.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

I must be on everyone's ignore list by now. No one is acknowledging the FACT that denying services or products to people based on their sexual orientation has been established law in Oregon for the past 6+ years.

Oregon is one of the ten most liberal States in the Union, so why would anyone who lives there be surprised at this law?

What needs to happen in Oregon is a push back.

Find a gay-owned restaurant or banquet hall and demand that they host religious pro-life rallies.

Find a gay-owned caterer and demand that they cater a "Save Marriage" conference.

Have two conservative gay men demand that a Muslim baker cater their engagement party.

Take action.

You're not on my ignore.

Online DCPatriot

It would be their loss, my friend!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
you may be required to get a license to open a business, you do not surrender your Constitutional rights when you open a business.  They are bestowed by the Creator, not the state.

Then you can disobey the law and take your chances in Court. Oregon law has decreed that businesses may not deny services or goods to people based on their sexual orientation.

I believe  that Sweet Cakes by Melissa is now closed.   

Offline musiclady

You're not on my ignore.

Nor mine.

I don't put people on ignore  (well, I ended up putting that little lib guy on ignore, but he's gone).

Perhaps Luis just has an exaggerated view of his own impact on other people's lives.     :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Then you can disobey the law and take your chances in Court. Oregon law has decreed that businesses may not deny services or goods to people based on their sexual orientation.

I believe  that Sweet Cakes by Melissa is now closed.

There is a reason why homosexuals use non-homosexual businesses.  They suck, as in they don't make very good food.  It's hip to say "we support homosexual businesses" until they taste the food.  Watch Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Chopped, whatever, they don't do well because people are afraid to criticize them, they just stop going.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There is a reason why homosexuals use non-homosexual businesses.  They suck, as in they don't make very good food.  It's hip to say "we support homosexual businesses" until they taste the food.  Watch Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Chopped, whatever, they don't do well because people are afraid to criticize them, they just stop going.

I have two touchstones for a valid law. Is it just and will it be obeyed. That is it.

A law which will not be obeyed (in the main) weakens all other laws. To drag a wild example out - jay-walking. Against the law in a lot of places, and totally stupid. If you want to cross the street, just do it. Everyone does. Yet you can be busted for it, if the cop that sees you is sufficiently bored.

On the just side - is it a fair law? The Texas version of "Thou shall not kill" : "You kill, we'll kill you" seems appropriate here. A simple, law, fair and understandable. :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
There is a reason why homosexuals use non-homosexual businesses.  They suck, as in they don't make very good food.

Now you're in my wheelhouse.

A good portion of the chefs, bakers, and just cooks that I deal with daily are gay. To say that there is a correlation between homosexuality and culinary ability is simply wrong.

There are as many great gay chefs, bakers and cooks as there are great straight ones. The reverse holds true.

The reason homosexuals use non-homosexual businesses, at least probably in this case, is to drive the point that these homosexuals drove home.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I have two touchstones for a valid law. Is it just and will it be obeyed. That is it.

A law which will not be obeyed (in the main) weakens all other laws. To drag a wild example out - jay-walking. Against the law in a lot of places, and totally stupid. If you want to cross the street, just do it. Everyone does. Yet you can be busted for it, if the cop that sees you is sufficiently bored.

On the just side - is it a fair law? The Texas version of "Thou shall not kill" : "You kill, we'll kill you" seems appropriate here. A simple, law, fair and understandable. :laugh:

MLK Jr.

"There are just laws and there are unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that an unjust law is no law at all... One who breaks an unjust law must do it openly, lovingly...I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and willingly accepts the penalty by staying in jail to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the very highest respect for law."

As I said, you have the choice of abiding by the law or not. However, if you decide not to, then you also accept the consequences of your actions in the hope that you arouse the community's conscience.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Yes, you're right.  God bless them.  They hold office in Washington County and Cumberland in western MD.

But definitely not in Annapolis.  Or in Montgomery County.

Boy, you're not kidding.  I LOVE the Trader Joe's in Annapolis (much nicer than the Wilmington DE one) but I always feel so out of place there for that reason.  Just walking thru the parking lot to get into the place and looking at the bumper stickers, I feel like I'm in Berkeley CA.

Sometimes I deal with injured Montgomery county people -jobwise.  They are the most entitled and lawyered-up bunch I've ever worked with. 

Boy, you're not kidding.  I LOVE the Trader Joe's in Annapolis (much nicer than the Wilmington DE one) but I always feel so out of place there for that reason.  Just walking thru the parking lot to get into the place and looking at the bumper stickers, I feel like I'm in Berkeley CA.

Sometimes I deal with injured Montgomery county people -jobwise.  They are the most entitled and lawyered-up bunch I've ever worked with.

Try the Trader Joe's barbecued pork, wrapped on the styrofoam.  Probably the best I've tasted if you're not doing it yourself.  Perfect mix of vinegar, not sloppy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:23:06 pm by olde north church »

Online DCPatriot

Aw geez.......

Hmmmmmmmm.......what would Princess Leila say.   :pondering:

Offline Rapunzel

Sweet Cakes by Melissa is simply the tip of a bad iceberg.  The Gorebal warming crowd are now proclaiming those of us who deny this is real should be tracked down, lose their jobs and their homes burned to the ground.  How do they differ from the people who ran Sweet Cakes out of business... I maintain they do not differ at all and silence in the face of this is a danger to us all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:30:08 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
For Shame, Rap!  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

We can't burn down their houses. Think of the CO2 pollution.

Driving a tank through the house is much more eco-friendly.  :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

For Shame, Rap!  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

We can't burn down their houses. Think of the CO2 pollution.

Driving a tank through the house is much more eco-friendly.  :laugh:

That's what the Israelis do when they punish Arab terrorist wannabes.  They bulldoze an entire block for the sins of a bored A-hole.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So they should.

Let's face it - they conquered the disputed territories (West bank) fair and square. Why should they give them up?

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Try the Trader Joe's barbecued pork, wrapped on the styrofoam.  Probably the best I've tasted if you're not doing it yourself.  Perfect mix of vinegar, not sloppy.

Thanks, I will.  Now getting off here before I get dinged for thread-jacking.  :bolt:

Offline kevindavis007

so a muslin bakery should be forced to bake a wedding cake for bleep then?

They will never go after a muslim..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Charlespg

They will never go after a muslim..
all the business so far have been Christian