Author Topic: Mother of brain-dead Jahi McMath claims 'inhumane' hospital staff have stopped feeding her girl, 13, and now coldly refer to her as 'the body'  (Read 589 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2532029/Mother-Jahi-McMath-accuses-hospital-inhumane-treatment-alleges-stopped-feeding-girl-refer-teen-body.html

'To watch my daughter just sit there and not have food ... I'm just so happy that she is kind of a thick girl so she still looks good,' Latasha Winkfield said today.
'I tell her every day, 'Jahi, you losin' weight girl, but you still look good.' I just think it's inhumane to not feed my child, to not refer to her by her name, and stop us in our tracks.'

Winkfield accused staff at the hospital of insensitive behavior - referring only to her daughter as a cadaver and not even giving her a Christian name.

'I hate it that they refer to her as just the body or the deceased; that is my child that they're talking about,' Winkfield said to ABC News.

'They don't even use her name.'

Online mountaineer

This is why:
... Indeed, besides Jahi's mother's claims, it is alleged that Children's Hospital is unwilling to allow an outside doctor to fit the 13-year-old with the breathing and feeding tubes that would allow her to be safely transferred to another facility, its lawyer said Tuesday.

Children's Hospital Oakland will not permit the procedures to be performed on its premises because Jahi McMath is legally dead in the view of doctors who have examined her, lawyer Douglas Straus wrote in a letter to the girl's family.

'Performing medical procedures on the body of a deceased human being is simply not something Children's Hospital can do or ask its staff to assist in doing,' he said....
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org