Author Topic: Silence of the Lambs: GOP Establishment Remained Neutral on 'Duck Dynasty' Controversy  (Read 11123 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
He's being deliberately obtuse, and changing the subject just to keep being contrarian.

It's a pattern.

I'm not being obtuse. I'm being informed while you're being ignorant.

Try reading a bit for a change:

The phenomenal success of A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” has resulted in inevitable questions about how this “reality” show is created.

It is openly described by its producers as a “hybrid” reality show that combines elements of unscripted TV shows with the structure and storylines most people associate with scripted situation comedies.

On “The Today Show” Wednesday morning, Matt Lauer asked the “Duck Dynasty” cast to ‘fess up: Is the show “real” or is it scripted? The answer: It’s a little bit of both.

“Scripted reality, right?” said Lauer, introducing the subject. “You guys call it, I think, ‘guided reality’? What does that mean? What’s the guided part?”

The first answer came from Robertson family patriarch Phil Robertson. “Most of the time … we ad-lib,” he said. “Think about it: Someone out of L.A. is fixing to put words into our mouth? Gimme a break.”

“Well, they don’t write the script for you, right?” Lauer asked.

“No,” said Phil, although his brother, Si, revealed a few moments later that the producers do hand the family members some sort of script — an apparent guideline that Si said he ignores anyway.

Added Jase, one of the bearded Robertson sons: “It’s a bit of a culture shock,” he said of the producers’ interactions with this family of fiercely independent Louisianans. “They come up with ideas and we just get to be ourselves in the situation,” he explained.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/08/14/reality-or-scripted-duck-dynasty-stars-explain-their-show-watch/

Hmmmm...

That sounds oddly like what I said:

They're not given dialogue to read, but predetermined situations where they act as themselves for the cameras

Keep up musiclady.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:03:06 am by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

docusoap, docudrama
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The following question was posted on the expertlaw.com forum back in December 2011:

Can You Get Fired for Doing Something Outside of Work

The first response pretty much sums everything up nicely:

You can be fired for bringing flowers and a box of chocolates to your manager and telling them that they're the best manager in the world.

In other words, you can get fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all.

If you don't think so, ask Olivia Sprauer.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline musiclady

Go mother someone else, I already have one.

Am I supposed to be offended by that, Luis?    :silly:

(You're not good at being a troll, and you're not good at insults either.  What ARE you good at?  Anything??)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

I'm not being obtuse. I'm being informed while you're being ignorant.

Try reading a bit for a change:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/08/14/reality-or-scripted-duck-dynasty-stars-explain-their-show-watch/

Hmmmm...

That sounds oddly like what I said:

They're not given dialogue to read, but predetermined situations where they act as themselves for the cameras

Keep up musiclady.

Ummmm...............the discussion is not about the definition of what constitutes a reality show.

Therein lies your continued obtuseness......

btw, I think we agree that the GOP shouldn't have interfered in this, and that IS the subject of the thread, your trollishness notwithstanding.

On that I will bid you a fond farewell, until you troll this forum again........

Bye, sonny.        :seeya:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

The following question was posted on the expertlaw.com forum back in December 2011:

Can You Get Fired for Doing Something Outside of Work

The first response pretty much sums everything up nicely:

You can be fired for bringing flowers and a box of chocolates to your manager and telling them that they're the best manager in the world.

In other words, you can get fired for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all.

If you don't think so, ask Olivia Sprauer.

And once again you're making a point against a position that no one here has stated.

Obtuse.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

(You're not good at being a troll, and you're not good at insults either.  What ARE you good at?  Anything??)

I don't know whether you will or not, nor do I care.

But if you're going to tell others to stay on topic, address the issue and not the individual posting it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Ummmm...............the discussion is not about the definition of what constitutes a reality show.

Therein lies your continued obtuseness......

btw, I think we agree that the GOP shouldn't have interfered in this, and that IS the subject of the thread, your trollishness notwithstanding.

On that I will bid you a fond farewell, until you troll this forum again........

Bye, sonny.        :seeya:

The discussion is about whatever it is that I wish to discuss.

The point I made addressed a point that you made.

Ignore is a wonderful feature.

Use it at will.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

You should consider changing your moniker if you're going to be mean like that.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

You should consider changing your moniker if you're going to be mean like that.     :laugh:

Don't start, DC.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Amazing.

Complaining about the alleged violation of Robertson's freedom of speech out of one side of her mouth, while dictating what I can or can't say in this thread out of the other.

You can't make this stuff up.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Don't start, DC.

You consistently get who starts what wrong.

Online DCPatriot

You consistently get who starts what wrong.

Yes, I do.   It's a gift.   :laugh:

I'm sitting this one out, my FRiend.   

So glad you're back.   :beer:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:00:30 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Fixed it.

The silence no longer belongs to just the lambs.

:laugh:

Offline musiclady

Use it at will.

You're not worth ignoring, Luis.

Sorry, but you're importance is in your own head.

Offline musiclady

LOL!  Who says music ladies can't be 'mean' to trolls who aren't even good at trolling?    :patriot:

Offline musiclady

Amazing.

Complaining about the alleged violation of Robertson's freedom of speech out of one side of her mouth, while dictating what I can or can't say in this thread out of the other.

You can't make this stuff up.

I'm not dictating anything, o sensitive one....

You just keep arguing against things that haven't been said, and while you have all the freedom in the world to say whatever you want, I am also free to point out the irrelevance of your pseudo-arguments.

Offline musiclady

Interesting use of the term "FRiend."

It's clear that Luis learned a lot about being a failed troll in that other place.........     :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

LOL!  Who says music ladies can't be 'mean' to trolls who aren't even good at trolling?    :patriot:

You're good at it, toots. 

Somebody clearly got your panties in a wad.

It's a sight to behold!!!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

Interesting use of the term "FRiend."

It's clear that Luis learned a lot about being a failed troll in that other place.........     :smokin:

Heck....most of us here go back to TOS.  "FRiend" is a term of endearment to me.

That's where both owners and virtually all of the mods originate too.

No big deal, I hope!   :beer:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
*toots*......not long ago it was *dame*.....is that how you refer to women?

Man this thread is heading out of control.....stop the bickering..everyone!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Once again, the idea that the Robertson family was just speaking out as per scripted is absurd, and conspiratorial.

Ah, don't worry about it, ML. The members of the "publicity stunt" cabal don't mean a word of what they say and are only posting such things in order to draw attention to themselves or for some other deep emotional need.   

You have a problem with exploring all of the possibilities?  Or is your imagination just too weak to grant Mr. Robertson anything beyond the status of a naif, an innocent incapable of any sort of sophisticated or ingenious planning?

Oceander

Use it at will.

Are you saying that ignorance is bliss?  :silly:

Offline sinkspur

*toots*......not long ago it was *dame*.....is that how you refer to women?

Man this thread is heading out of control.....stop the bickering..everyone!

Never used the term "dame."   And "toots" is not derisive.  Ethel Merman made the term famous with "Toot, Toot, Tootsie Goodbye."  It's not gender-specific.

But, that's all I'll say.  You're itching to kick me off the forum again, and I'm not going to give you the ammunition.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Never used the term "dame."   And "toots" is not derisive.  Ethel Merman made the term famous with "Toot, Toot, Tootsie Goodbye."  It's not gender-specific.

But, that's all I'll say.  You're itching to kick me off the forum again, and I'm not going to give you the ammunition.

Considering the amount of "credit" to go around on this thread, I seriously doubt you're in any danger of being sent to the corner for whatever you've posted here.