Author Topic: MSNBC 'White Privilege' Definition: Black People Use Public Transportation, White People Want Cheap Gas  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/12/27/MSNBC-White-Privilege-Definition-black-people-use-public-transportation-white-people-want-cheap-gas

MSNBC 'White Privilege' Definition: Black People Use Public Transportation, White People Want Cheap Gas

27 Dec 2013, 3:40 PM PDT

Center for Social Inclusion President Maya Wiley on MSNBC's "The Cycle's" panel on "white privilege":

video at link

"So, black people more likely need public transportation to get a job and white people want to pay less at the gas station."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

What, pray tell, does that have to do with the price of tea in China, as my sainted Grandmother used to say.

rangerrebew

They forget to mention white people need gas to go to their jobs. :whistle:

Offline mountaineer

I've always used public transportation, where available. Maybe I'm black and didn't realize it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

It's always about race at MSNBC. I'm sick to death of it.

Offline happyg

Many of them get free passes and/or discounts to ride the buses around here. The buses here are subsidized by the city and state, paid for by the taxpayers. What's the problem? Should we make them walk?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
It's always about race at MSNBC. I'm sick to death of it.

Ain't it the truth??  Who else would give Al Sharpton a regular show??  He's the Nation's leading race baiter and if it were not for guys like him we would not have race problems in this country.

I like the new avatar btw....

Online andy58-in-nh

There is no reasoning with people who think like this.

You can try to explain reality until you're blue in the face, and they will still call you names.

I don't even bother any more. I just tell them to enjoy their little fantasy world, for as long as it lasts.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

rangerrebew

Many of them get free passes and/or discounts to ride the buses around here. The buses here are subsidized by the city and state, paid for by the taxpayers. What's the problem? Should we make them walk?

I think they want a weekly stipend for riding the bus; another form of welfare benefits.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Ms. Wiley would be wise to consider that in many white-dominated rural areas, public transportation is scarce and even nonexistent. Even where you can find it, jobs and shifts are increasingly irregular, making public mass transit impractical.

Cars are very much a necessity in many places if you want decent work.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

You really do have to wonder when MSNBC is going to reach its tipping point. The stuff that comes out of that organization just gets more bizarre by the day.  Who listens to this stuff and takes it seriously anymore?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I think they want a weekly stipend for riding the bus; another form of welfare benefits.

If only that were true.  The fact is that there will never, ever be enough for people who push issues like this.  They demonize cars, push "public transit" for areas that pay little or nothing of the cost, and propose one lamebrained idea after another.

The latest is the push to install "bike sharing" facilities.  It works like this: your City applies for a Federal Grant to buy and install hundreds of bikes and pay as you use them bike racks in the inner City.  After spending millions of public dollars to buy incredibly over-priced equipment specified by some high-salaried "biking expert", in a matter of months or even a few weeks many if not most of the bikes end up stolen or vandalized so badly as to be un-salvagable.  Then of course, you have to spend even more public money to "fix" the problems with the first go-round.

No matter what, it will never be enough....

Offline happyg

These people want demand to be middle-to-upper middle class without the effort. They are the greedy ones, rather than the rich, who at least work for their money.

They are also a mish-mash. Many of them have beautiful homes on the inside, while the exterior is deteriorated, because that is how they keep their welfare. They earn under-the-table money, and if they fix up the outside, welfare authorities might catch on. Metropolitan Housing is complicit, because they do random checks to make sure the owners are keeping up with their properties.

The ones who are trash on the inside and out generally have addiction problems, or are just rotten people. My husband did ankle bracelets for a while, and said some of the stench took his breath away, so he did most of the work outside. It's either that or wear a gas mask.

He also had rentals, and one family moved in the middle of the night, after living there less than two months. They left a mound of trash, including dirty diapers and the like. My husband found out where they moved, and had someone load the trash on dump trucks,  and drop it on his front yard. It took two trips. The guy called the cops. The cops came and asked who the trash belonged to. The guys said, "Me," and the cops gave him 24 hours to get it to the dump. We laughed for days over that. It wasn't funny when I volunteered to clean the house. I had to use a face mask, and putty knife to get food and other debris off the walls.

Offline olde north church

Ms. Sanger did have her moments of mental clarity.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Cincinnatus

*bouche*

Ms. Sanger did have her moments of mental clarity.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

Ms. Wiley would be wise to consider that in many white-dominated rural areas, public transportation is scarce and even nonexistent. Even where you can find it, jobs and shifts are increasingly irregular, making public mass transit impractical.

Cars are very much a necessity in many places if you want decent work.
Exactly. There is no public transportation system within 25 miles of my home, and what is there is rather limited.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

I've always used public transportation, where available. Maybe I'm black and didn't realize it.

:bigsilly:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The next time I see a black person driving I think I'll roll down my window and tell him he should be riding a bus.  Or maybe I won't.

Oceander

The next time I see a black person driving I think I'll roll down my window and tell him he should be riding a bus.  Or maybe I won't.

Nah, just tell him that he's been mistaken all these years, that he's really white, not black.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Every time I think things can't get more stupid, MSNBC proves me wrong. It's getting to the stage where I check to make sure it isn't from a satirical site or a late night comedian.

Look, moron. Cities have the best public transport and horrible parking problems. The majority of black people live in cities.

Small towns and rural areas, majority white, have little to no public transport, requiring the use of a personal vehicle.

Two distinctly different circumstances, leading to two distinctly different needs.

And the "white people want cheap gas" thing? What do you think public transport runs on? Unicorn farts?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

Those morons never read the Boy who Cried Wolf..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Those morons never read the Boy who Cried Wolf..

Of course they read it. It's an instruction manual.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"So, black people more likely need public transportation to get a job and white people want to pay less at the gas station."

Far be it for me to point out that cheaper gas = cheaper cost of public transportation = more public transportation.

MSNBC commentators never seem to overburden themselves with the idea that proper thought should always precede speech.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Oceander

MSNBC commentators never seem to overburden themselves with the idea that proper thought should always precede speech.

:bigsilly:

Offline olde north church

Far be it for me to point out that cheaper gas = cheaper cost of public transportation = more public transportation.

Public transportation = government $$$ = doesn't matter what the gas costs, the taxpayer subsidized money tree never runs out.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.