Author Topic: A&E Places Phil Robertson on Indefinite Hiatus From ‘Duck Dynasty’ Following Fiery Remarks on Homosexuality  (Read 10621 times)

Offline musiclady

OK, then answer this.  Why is it whenever there is a Duck Dynasty kerfuffle there seems to be a new Duck Dynasty product on the shelves? 

This is sheep herding.  And I see just fine thank you.

Are we just a tad jealous of successful people?  ^-^

But seriously...........you continue to miss the point, and now I know it's deliberate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

If you say so (although some evidentiary support would be nice). That's capitalism for you, I guess.

Pretty cool how they coordinate all of the creative, developmental, acquisition and distribution logistics to match up with the 'kerfluffles'...

/s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline LambChop

LOL!

That was HUMOR, lambchop.

The left has none, but WE do.

Remember??

I understand ML.  But wasn't it just a few weeks ago there was a kerfuffle about DD, then within the week the DD Chia heads were on the shelf at Walgreens.   Just saying.   

Offline Rapunzel

Exactly!

Rush mentioned something interesting........that there may be a possibility that Americans have reached a tipping point, and that this might serve as a catalyst.  The majority are sick of being pushed around by a tiny minority.

The lack of free speech we Christians have because of the militant, hate-filled minority is appalling.

I'll be watching to see what Phil and his family do as a result of this absurdity.

I said something similar earlier this morning on the other thread about this (In the entertainment section).. that you can only poke a hornets nest so many times before they go on the attack..... I do think Americans have reached the tipping point.......  I think it is great Glenn Beck has offered them their own program on The Blaze - if they want it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

If you say so (although some evidentiary support would be nice). That's capitalism for you, I guess.

There has been a continued growth of DD merchandise throughout the Christmas season.

I suppose that's because the Robertson family are savvy capitalists, who have made a fortune selling things that quack.

No surprise that they've capitalized on their success (pun intended).

Seems to be that some are offended by profit and success, eh?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

I understand ML.  But wasn't it just a few weeks ago there was a kerfuffle about DD, then within the week the DD Chia heads were on the shelf at Walgreens.   Just saying.

Your anecdotal observations, given your (observed) offense at the Robertsons, does not support any factual argument that make your point.

Offline Rapunzel

My point being made right there.

Yes, but what - exactly - is wrong with that?  It's is why we conservatives espouse a Free Market economy.  Same as why I think the eleven year old girl in Oregon is to be applauded for growing a business at her tender age. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

I said something similar earlier this morning on the other thread about this (In the entertainment section).. that you can only poke a hornets nest so many times before they go on the attack..... I do think Americans have reached the tipping point.......  I think it is great Glenn Beck has offered them their own program on The Blaze - if they want it.

I heard him offer that, but I hope they don't go there.

I think that they should stay on a non-political network..........one that's smart enough to know a good thing when they have it, and not throw it away with nonsense like this.

But I do agree that America may well be ready to throw off these leftist, anti-Christian speech shackles.

And I think that God may just be using Phil Robertson to help that to happen.

Offline Rapunzel

Which is, I believe, Constitutionally protected, right??

Being fired for being heterosexual and saying so??

According to the LEFT, A&E doesn't have the right to do that......

I like the way Wilkow said it on his radio show this morning... Robertson was fired for saying what most red-blooded men in this country believe they prefer to have sex with a woman than a man.

Offline LambChop

Are we just a tad jealous of successful people?  ^-^

But seriously...........you continue to miss the point, and now I know it's deliberate.

Why is it I'm jealous of successful people?  Because I don't buy into the "Phil is a persecuted Christian" line?

Duck Dynasty is a business.  Yes, these are good people who try to live a good life that it is based on, but in the end it is A BUSINESS.

And the masses are being herded like sheep.   DD Star says "quote of the week"   out comes a DD sippy cup.  DD Star says "quote of this week"  out comes t-shirts and jammies.  DD stars refuse to *what ever the topic is this time* and out comes Chia heads.

For crying out loud.... how about the fact that millions are out of work, children are getting crappy education, domestic violence is still rampant, alcohol and drug abuse is killing our youth, our politicians are selling ours and our children's future to the highest bidder and living in luxury while doing so.... UGH   I could go on and on.

But hey.... Poor Phil...so let's all go buy some more of the crap made in China that has the DD logo on it.

Offline musiclady

I like the way Wilkow said it on his radio show this morning... Robertson was fired for saying what most red-blooded men in this country believe they prefer to have sex with a woman than a man.

Exactly right.

We're being dominated and controlled by less than TWO PERCENT of the population.

So much so that a re-blooded man can't even say that he prefers to have sex with women and not men.

They've been working at this for thirty years, and they're not done yet.

We have GOT to fight back.

Offline musiclady

Why is it I'm jealous of successful people?  Because I don't buy into the "Phil is a persecuted Christian" line?

Duck Dynasty is a business.  Yes, these are good people who try to live a good life that it is based on, but in the end it is A BUSINESS.

And the masses are being herded like sheep.   DD Star says "quote of the week"   out comes a DD sippy cup.  DD Star says "quote of this week"  out comes t-shirts and jammies.  DD stars refuse to *what ever the topic is this time* and out comes Chia heads.

For crying out loud.... how about the fact that millions are out of work, children are getting crappy education, domestic violence is still rampant, alcohol and drug abuse is killing our youth, our politicians are selling ours and our children's future to the highest bidder and living in luxury while doing so.... UGH   I could go on and on.

But hey.... Poor Phil...so let's all go buy some more of the crap made in China that has the DD logo on it.

I'm sorry, but that's one of the most illogical postings I've seen on this forum.

And again, entirely beside the point.....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
While I may NOT agree with you totally...

How you  present your argument and POV.....Luv ya, Lambchop!    :beer:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:16:19 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

I'm sorry, but that's one of the most illogical postings I've seen on this forum.

And again, entirely beside the point.....

Why is it impossible that Phil Robertson is simply following Obama's creed....."never let a good crisis go to waste"?

It's the epitome of make lemonade from lemons.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline LambChop

While I may NOT agree with you totally...

How you  present your argument and POV.....Luv ya, Lambchop!    :beer:

Thanks DC.

While many of us may agree with what he said.  Doesn't mean he's being persecuted.  And there are WAY bigger fish to fry.

Besides, I'm sure Ms Kay is making what ever hurt feelings he has go away, quickly.

Offline Rapunzel

Why is it impossible that Phil Robertson is simply following Obama's creed....."never let a good crisis go to waste"?

Their merchandise was being sold before this kerfuffle - I was in Walmart last weekend and every aisle has DD products - however DD is the A&E brand..... Duck Commander is the Robertson's and they were selling Duck Commander long............ long before there was a Duck Dynasty program on A&E.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Free speech is now a one way street, lambchop. 

Yet you are speaking, and Robertson is speaking.

Maybe Robertson needs to be employed by an employer who agrees with his positions.

Question? Does anybody think Robertson was surprised by the reaction to his remarks?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

Their merchandise was being sold before this kerfuffle - I was in Walmart last weekend and every aisle has DD products - however DD is the A&E brand..... Duck Commander is the Robertson's and they were selling Duck Commander long............ long before there was a Duck Dynasty program on A&E.

I understand..... was referring to the expansion of said product lines that seemed to arrive shortly after a public controversy.

Offline musiclady

It's entirely speculation, and entirely beside the point.

I think Phil is a savvy guy who uses his new found fame to promote Christian values (and his own traditional views).

I don't think his firing is "persecution" specifically, but it speaks to the larger point that Christians are being silenced, and very specifically told not to voice the opinion that homosexuality is a sin.

This is problematic, DC, and certainly not something to be scoffed at.

The silencing of Christian voices in the marketplace is something that needs to be countered, and this may be an opportune time for us to be more open about it.

Online DCPatriot

Thanks DC.

While many of us may agree with what he said.  Doesn't mean he's being persecuted.  And there are WAY bigger fish to fry.

Besides, I'm sure Ms Kay is making what ever hurt feelings he has go away, quickly.

Absolutely....and regarding Ms Kay?

HOORAH!    :laugh:

Offline Cincinnatus

LoaH, I am not sure where you shop but I saw a variety of DD merchandise (shirts, towels, throw pillows, even the Chia things [Walgreen]) on sale at various places weeks before this latest kerfuffle. The ubiquity of the stuff is far more related to exploiting Christmas than to the homos and that raises a separate issue when it comes to the Robertson's public religiosity. 
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

Yet you are speaking, and Robertson is speaking.

Maybe Robertson needs to be employed by an employer who agrees with his positions.

Question? Does anybody think Robertson was surprised by the reaction to his remarks?

Robertson spoke and was not only fired, but accused of hate by everyone on the left.  His firing is NOT the main issue.

And yes, we can speak against sin and homosexuality, but we will continue to be accused of hatred.

That is intimidation.

And it is NOT American.

So whether or not you are a Christian, ts, you should be disturbed by the overt attempt to shut Christians up because you are an American.

Offline GourmetDan

LoaH, I am not sure where you shop but I saw a variety of DD merchandise (shirts, towels, throw pillows, even the Chia things [Walgreen]) on sale at various places weeks before this latest kerfuffle. The ubiquity of the stuff is far more related to exploiting Christmas than to the homos and that raises a separate issue when it comes to the Robertson's public religiosity.

Oh surely not...

/s

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline LambChop

Your anecdotal observations, given your (observed) offense at the Robertsons, does not support any factual argument that make your point.

You ever stop to think I'm offended that this family uses "religious persecution" as their marketing tool?

Seeing as every time there's a story it's about their religion.  And with every story there's a new product.
But yeah, go ahead and make ME out to be the bad guy.

My God and My Christ aren't for sale.  Is yours?

Online DCPatriot

It's entirely speculation, and entirely beside the point.

I think Phil is a savvy guy who uses his new found fame to promote Christian values (and his own traditional views).

I don't think his firing is "persecution" specifically, but it speaks to the larger point that Christians are being silenced, and very specifically told not to voice the opinion that homosexuality is a sin.

This is problematic, DC, and certainly not something to be scoffed at.

The silencing of Christian voices in the marketplace is something that needs to be countered, and this may be an opportune time for us to be more open about it.

I'm not scoffing at anything...sorry it appears that way.

Let's all be glad that DD has enough social presence that it provides an opportunity to bite back against the godless Left.