Author Topic: Duck Dynasty’: Phil Robertson Suspended Indefinitely Following Gay Remarks  (Read 4467 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

Isn't it remarkable how groups representing a mere 2% of the population can dominate the culture of the other 98%, often through intimidation?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

Ah yes, the tyranny of the minority.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

Makes one wonder of the A&E executives even read it, or just caved right quick to the pressure from the far left regressive nanny state whiners who want to remove all right to a real opinion in this country?

Or perhaps they are part of that vocal minority that was offended by his comments...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

I am sure the rest of the family is under contract  with A&E unless they sign year to year....if that is the case they are stuck there until their contract is up...with all the revenue they bring in A&E probably will hold them to it..

Oh, it's pretty easy to collect a lot of money for a mediocre performance thereby sending a clear message to A&E...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

Seems that those Duck Dynasty guys actually have -their own- corporation, do they not?

I'd say that their products are going to start flying off the shelf...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Or perhaps they are part of that vocal minority that was offended by his comments...

(In Confucius voice)

Ahhh....grasshopper!

Why would a network that takes 3 hours of programming to show a 2 hour movie purposely axe the leader of the #1 cable show of ALL TIME?

The answer, grasshopper,  is contained in the question.

The way to have an adverse effect on A&E is to immediately have the Tea Party suggest a boycott of everything advertised on A&E,

It's 50% of the country.   Nobody in their right minds would piss off half the country for 5% of the population that are gay.   Would they?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Sensodyne
T-Mobile
Samsung
Motorola
Walgreens
IHOP
Macy’s
Nokia
Microsoft
Verizon
Bass Pro Shops

ouch.....like I would get rid of my Verizon...and my Motorola phone.  LOL!

gosh...or my Samsung TV!!   
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:26:40 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

Nobody in their right minds would piss off half the country for 5% of the population that are gay.   Would they?

Well... it was in the DSM until 1973...

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:30:14 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Well... it was in the DSM until 1973...
Would you like to know just how far it has gone since that time?:

New ObamaCare Ad Features Semi-Nude Gay Men Dancing, Hugging, Sucking Phallic Symbols

And yes - this is for real.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline GourmetDan

Would you like to know just how far it has gone since that time?

Thanks but I'll just take your word for it...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNSNews.com
The sheer NUMBER of people coming out in support of Duck Dynasty's Phil Roberton in 24 hours is.... Astonishing.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/eric-scheiner/fans-go-online-bring-back-phil-robertson

Fans Go Online to 'Bring Back Phil Robertson'
December 19, 2013 - 9:45 AM

By Eric Scheiner

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has been suspended from the reality program but his fans are taking action.

A&E suspended Robertson following remarks he made in the January issue of GQ magazine where he says homosexuality is a sin along with bestiality and promiscuity.

Fans have turned to the social media to oppose the suspension, there are at least seven variations of “Bring Back Phil Robertson” pages on Facebook. The most popular among them had 300,000 likes as of early Thursday morning.
The leading “Bring Back Phil Robertson” Facebook page features a link to a Change.org petition calling on A&E networks to “end the wrongful suspension of Phil Robertson”; the petition had over 32,000 supporters early this morning.

GQ magazine asked Robertson what he thought was sinful, the 67-year old replied: "Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."

Robertson also made other comments about homosexuality in the interview, which brought him under fire from GLAAD.

The organization called the religious reality star’s comments a “stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and their families.”

Last evening A&E announced it was suspending Phil Robertson.

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely", the network said in a statement.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal criticized the suspension of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson by network A&E.

“Phil Robertson and his family are great citizens of the State of Louisiana. The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with. I don’t agree with quite a bit of stuff I read in magazine interviews or see on TV. In fact, come to think of it, I find a good bit of it offensive. But I also acknowledge that this is a free country and everyone is entitled to express their views. In fact, I remember when TV networks believed in the First Amendment. It is a messed up situation when Miley Cyrus gets a laugh, and Phil Robertson gets suspended," said Jindal in a prepared statement.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/jindal-messed-situation-when-miley-cyrus-gets-laugh-and-phil-robertson-gets-suspended_771478.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:33:11 pm by Chieftain »

Offline happyg

His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely", the network said in a statement.

Why does A&E even have to announce its views?  We could say that A&E insults us by saying they are strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. If they are that into the gay community, maybe they should be the gay channel, and show only gay friendly stories.

Offline GourmetDan

Why does A&E even have to announce its views?  We could say that A&E insults us by saying they are strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. If they are that into the gay community, maybe they should be the gay channel, and show only gay friendly stories.

Perhaps they were personally offended?

Guilty dog barks first...

Online DCPatriot

FLASHBACK: A&E Tried to Cut 'Jesus' from 'Duck Dynasty' Family Prayers

"So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’ name?'"

In an interview in April 2013, Phil Robertson told Sports Spectrum TV that A&E Network had attempted to cut mention of “Jesus” from the “Duck Dynasty” family prayer at the end of the show, but that he had fought them and won. “So they would just have me saying, ‘Thank you Lord for the food, thank you for loving us. Amen,” Robertson related. “So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’ name?’ They said, ‘Well those editors are probably doing that. They just think that they don’t want to offend some of the Muslims or something.”

Robertson stated that he then told the producers that the date on which they were discussing the issue was measured in Anno Domini (AD) – meaning “in the year of our Lord.” Robertson explained, “I said, ‘You Hollywood cats are counting time by Jesus just like I am.’ I would think that out of all of the people that walk planet Earth, if we’ve all decided in America to count time by just one of them, Jesus of Galilee, I don’t think it hurts to throw his name in there from time to time. So I noticed now, every once in awhile, they’re leaving it in there.”

Robertson said that he had to wage “spiritual warfare” in order to get them to tape the family using Jesus’ name. “I mean you have people with no moral compass, it ain’t there,” he concluded.

Robertson also pointed out that the network had “inserted fake bleeps, like someone had used profanity, but no one had used profanity.”

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/flashback-ae-tried-cut-jesus-duck-dynasty-family-prayers

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:38:13 pm by DCPatriot »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz
Free Speech Matters

The reason that so many Americans love Duck Dynasty is because it represents the America usually ignored or mocked by liberal elites: a family that loves and cares for each other, believes in God, and speaks openly about their faith.

If you believe in free speech or religious liberty, you should be deeply dismayed over the treatment of Phil Robertson. Phil expressed his personal views and his own religious faith; for that, he was suspended from his job. In a free society, anyone is free to disagree with him--but the mainstream media should not behave as the thought police censoring the views with which they disagree.

And, as PC enforcers often forget, tolerance is a two-way street. Here's what Phil himself had to say about accepting and loving everybody:

“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline happyg

“I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

There is a lesson in that message, if anyone of the naysayers would take the time to try to understand it. Have you ever heard a gay activist say the same about heterosexuals, that he or she loves all mankind, and would never disrespect anyone who is different? They, for the most part, are outrageously disrespectful, particularly during the Gay Rights parades.

Offline Millee

A & E's Facebook page is getting slammed for this decision.   :chairbang:

Offline Rapunzel

CNSNews.com
The sheer NUMBER of people coming out in support of Duck Dynasty's Phil Roberton in 24 hours is.... Astonishing.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/eric-scheiner/fans-go-online-bring-back-phil-robertson

Fans Go Online to 'Bring Back Phil Robertson'
December 19, 2013 - 9:45 AM

By Eric Scheiner

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has been suspended from the reality program but his fans are taking action.

A&E suspended Robertson following remarks he made in the January issue of GQ magazine where he says homosexuality is a sin along with bestiality and promiscuity.

Fans have turned to the social media to oppose the suspension, there are at least seven variations of “Bring Back Phil Robertson” pages on Facebook. The most popular among them had 300,000 likes as of early Thursday morning.
The leading “Bring Back Phil Robertson” Facebook page features a link to a Change.org petition calling on A&E networks to “end the wrongful suspension of Phil Robertson”; the petition had over 32,000 supporters early this morning.

You can only poke a hornet nest so many times before they come out in mass and fightback against the people poking them.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Would you like to know just how far it has gone since that time?:

New ObamaCare Ad Features Semi-Nude Gay Men Dancing, Hugging, Sucking Phallic Symbols

And yes - this is for real.

Is there a person here who doesn't believe our POTUS is gay and a Muslim???  Perhaps he is who A&E doesn't want to offend.  They have made everything possible "gay" under this president - and for what less than 10% of the population we have to change our military and watch as TV program after TV program is turned into a homosexual love-fest?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline GourmetDan

And, as PC enforcers often forget, tolerance is a two-way street.

Except that it's not with those people.  Don't ever forget that...

Offline Rapunzel

I'd say that their products are going to start flying off the shelf...

Just remember the Duck Commander product is the Robinson's and the Duck Dynasty merchandise is A&E
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:36:23 pm by Rapunzel »

Offline happyg

My favorite reply on the A&E page:   
Rachael Fontenot As a gay viewer I am HIGHLY OFFENDED that A&E would try to silence and crucify Phil for his op jinks and beliefs! Why is ok for some in the Gay community to expect or demand respect from others yet they're not willing to respect others and their opinions! This is abt as asinine as it comes! I take absolutely NO offense to Phil, his opinions, his faith or him conveying them. After all... This is America, correct! GEAUX PHIL!

Unlike · Reply · 3,807 · 13 hours ago via mobile

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just remember the Duck Commander product is the Robinson's and the Duck Dynasty merchandise is A&E

I've seen a lot of comments about this but we should probably go with caution. None of us know what contracts between the family and Hurst are. For all we know, Hurst owns partial rights to that as well. 

Kind of like the entire Duck Dynasty 'look' was created by A&E. They weren't actually rednecks before the show, they were regular folks that a lot more people could relate to.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,123719.0.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jon Scott
A&E needs the Robertsons more than the Robertsons need A&E. I predict the family walks.
Support the USO